A Dawn of war (RPG Forum)

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Ceres
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ceres » 08 Dec 2007, 00:28

I glance at Omega and nodded. I felt so ashamed of my previous actions. I look down sadly as the memory stirs my mind. I killed Moon and stole her essence, and with that Brock got killed along with the other soldiers. And the most painful of all was Onyx death.

At that time, I felt that there is no chance for me coming back alive. But I am here, walking freely, though hated and not welcome.

"Omega...", I mutter as I walk closely to him, "Thank you."

I give him a light bow, glance at him again my eyes are sad but true, "And, I'm sorry."

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 08 Dec 2007, 18:15

When the group reaches Frostmourn again, they can see the evidence of yet another battle. The soldiers are looking rather fatigued. Once announced, the king comes out and greets them. "I am glad you have returned. The undead were here, again, but were turned back for now. Scouts report more are going to be here within a few days, however. Something disturbs me, however. They report abominations, even stranger then what we have faced." he waves forward a scout who seems to have seen better days. "Tell them what you told me."

"We were scouting along the hills, and came upon strange seige machines. They are pulled by creatures that seem to be haphazardly put together. Some are bone, some look like they are formed from a redish liquid I can only guess is blood. They are not the worst, however. Nor are the death knights that lead the army. There are some humanoid creatures that have a dragons head, only it is composed of all bone. They have dragonlike wings also. A hooded figure, that seems to float off the ground, and emits an unusual mist below it is in the middle of them. I don't know what it is, but they seem to fear and revere it."

The king nods and pats the scout on the back. "Go get some rest, you have done well."

"Sire, there is one more thing. Our party was under a cloak of invisibility, but I swear the hooded figure and dragon-like creatures knew we were watching them. I don't think they cared, however."

The king nods again. "I will make note of that. Thank you." Turning to you he says. "It is a decent journey to the mounds..if you are headed there. You face an unenvious choice. If you head there, we will most certainly fall. If you don't, chances are we will still fall, and there may be nobody left to stop whatever is happening."
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 08 Dec 2007, 18:46

Omega and Ceres head towards the gate when they encounter the rest of the group and the king. Ceres now stands face to face with the Fate and Onyx.

"Then perhaps you should consider evacuating the city, your majesty. If the city is to fall, there is no reason for the innocents to have to suffer. Please do not let them suffer that fate. I watched my entire city fall and do not wish that upon anybody. Please, you can not allow that." Omega states passionately.

"I agree" responds Lady Topaz as she heads towards her husband. "If you insist on staying, we could stay and defend the city. We both have considerable skill in repelling the undead, but it's ultimately your decision."
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

Vlad976

Unread postby Vlad976 » 08 Dec 2007, 19:56

I snort and spit on the ground near Ceres' feet. "O, what's she doing here? Last I checked, everybody's got the same general policy regarding treason."
Simmons: I think you’re asking me if these computers store all the data on Red and Blue armies?
Sarge: Control Alt Bingo.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 08 Dec 2007, 20:56

"Evacuate to where? All of the north has fallen, besides maybe a hamlet or two. The south is supposedly still strong and resisting, but it is a long journey with more people then we can possibly conceal. No, our one chance is that you all go and destroy that ultimate weapon. We hold their attention, as long as we can. Everybody here can fight, and we will fight to the last. Besides, who said we will be alone?"

One of the Frost Giants rises from the snow, again there was no indication he was there before he stands up. "We have pledged to protect these people. We should have earlier, but your guardian seemed to keep you safe. Don't count us out yet your majesty. We have allies, and they too are on their way. The undead army will find that we yet have fight left in us."

The King smiles. "Realistically we can buy you probably a couple of months at best. Unless a miricle happens. Find the weapon...destroy it. It just may save us all."
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 09 Dec 2007, 00:30

"so it seems we go to fight the hard fight again .... getting used to this .... not keen on doing it with a traitor around though, anyone got a length of rope handy?"
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Ceres
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ceres » 09 Dec 2007, 05:16

"Onyx!", I utter in amazement, "You're...alive," his presence in front of me has stun me but I still manage to utter some words despite the shocking truth.

I stare blankly at him for a moment, undecided on how should I feel about the situation. I feel happy seeing him alive but there's something that isn't right, and I know that, thus making me feel sad. My eyes unconsciously move and take its glance at winterfate and the rest of the group. But as soon as my mind consumed Vlada's and stefan's words, I move back a bit and lower my head down feeling guilt.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 09 Dec 2007, 13:01

"Ah guilt .... and that is the crux of the matter is it not .... so shall you let us in on a why at least?"

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 10 Dec 2007, 02:35

I look at stefan and ready my bow.

"Or not...I say we kill her for all the pain she caused me and for what she did to Moon!"

I ready an arrow and aim at Ceres' head.

(No subtlety for me, eh? ;))

I look at Ceres and say:

"Give me one good reason I shouldn't shoot this arrow."
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

Vlad976

Unread postby Vlad976 » 10 Dec 2007, 03:11

"Because it's quick and easy?"
Simmons: I think you’re asking me if these computers store all the data on Red and Blue armies?

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 10 Dec 2007, 03:27

"In that case Winter, aim a little lower .... thigh maybe."

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 10 Dec 2007, 03:39

Onyx places a hand over Fate's bow. "Enough of this. We are wasting time we do not have right now. We'll deal with the traitor later."

"He's right" adds Omega. "If we don't stop Dhalia, there may not be a later."

Onyx walks up to the haggered looking mage and places a hand on her cheek. He smiles briefly before the runes on his body flare up with a brilliant azure. "It would be foolish of us to continue with someone so treacherous in our group without insurance."

A burning sensation rakes Cere's cheek, as a teal rune is tattooed upon her face. "If you try anything, you will regret it. I assure you of that." The rune master turns his back to her and leaves her staring at empty indifference. Everybody is just silent for a moment.

"Yeah, so now that's out of the way," Sun says in a hasty attempt to break the silence "we should get some rest before heading to the mounds." She motions to Stefan as she starts walking for the city gate.

Vlad976

Unread postby Vlad976 » 10 Dec 2007, 03:48

I grunt and turn away.

"I need a drink. Saph you coming with?" I ask before I head off in search of said drink.

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 10 Dec 2007, 03:53

Saphire sighs as she follows Vlad. "After all this, who doesn't need a drink?"

Omega and Topaz just chit-chat for a bit before Jade finally loses her patience and interrupts. "DO YOU PLAN ON DOING ANYTHING ABOUT MY CONDITION YOU STUPID GIT?!"

Everybody just stares at Jade for a second before Omega repiles. "Oh yeah, uh, sorry about that. Hold still."

The cleric chants for a minute and casts true resurrection on Jade, summoning her old body and placing the spirit in it. "That should do it" Omega says sheepishly.

"Err... sorry about that. It's just that I like not being dead. Man, I need a drink too. Vlad! Saphire! Hold up." She heads off to join the two.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 10 Dec 2007, 04:30

"One lucky lass", I direct at Ceres, "Sun, let's hit that pub and make a night of it!"

Vlad976

Unread postby Vlad976 » 10 Dec 2007, 04:35

As Jade approaches I face her with a bit of a smirk. "You're comin' too? Awesome."

I playfully elbow Saphire before continuing, "Because I'd hate for Saph to have to lug around my passed out carcass all by herself."

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 10 Dec 2007, 12:20

My face is an expressionless mask once I see Ceres, I may talk to her later and see what made her act this way - She was acting erratically before it happened. Omega would not have bothered without a good reason, at least Onyx's rune will ensure none is in danger.

I pat Jade in the back and welcome her again to the group. I think I'll join the others for a drink, it wasn't an easy day. Heh wonder how Mitsu will react when she returns.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Ceres
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ceres » 10 Dec 2007, 13:15

I watch Onxy as he walks away from me as I touch the tatoo on my cheek. His action was surprising. I do not expect it. I assume he will go angry and punish me, possibly kill me but I was wrong. Instead, he stayed calm. I have felt that he showed me a little compassion although for logical reasons and it pains me.

I wish to follow him and probably if time permits, might be able to talk to him but it doesn't feel right. It seems that he doesn't want to be bothered especially by the likes of me. He seems so far, that I cannot touch him.

I heave a heavy sigh as he fades away from my view. With that, I turn to those who's been left. Their look aren't welcoming. Since there's nowhere I could go, I decided to stay at the gate. I try to find a suitable place where I could at least rest.

I spotted a nice corner not so far at the gates. I walk towards there and sit and maybe try to find some sleep, if I can.

Sir William S Titan
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Sir William S Titan » 10 Dec 2007, 21:25

"Mage girl got lucky with the others, but not with me! She pays now!"

I set the animated cart on the ground, and then untie the dracolich's claw tip from the skull staff.

"Nuvlihr, you wait there. I'll be back for you."

I turn towards Ceres as she's walking away. The sight of her, once more, is enough to send me into a rage. I run at her, and attempt to tackle her to the ground. Success, or not, I try to find a nice home for this claw tip in her back. Or where ever else. I leave it there. The claw tip wouldn't have been very big, so I would shove it deep enough in, that it is actually drifting around, inside her. If I do get her with it, that is. Though, I'd persist if I didn't. I do not try to kill her, though.

"This is for Brock! Feel even more lucky, that you were not his killer. If you were, you'd be dead then. And I'd drag you all the way back home, and feed you to those...horse-looking things, there. But you were not his killer, so this is payment enough. For me. For this. The others might have another payment they would require of you, though."

I glare at her, rage still as strong as it started.

"But, now we have another payment for you to pay! For me to not take away a body part, I had to lose one of my trophies, or a dart! A trophy was what was chosen. I will take it back, after you are dead. But, I want something of yours, now, to replace it. It will never be given back to you, even when you are dead.... I will choose what it is."

I start searching through her things. Carried, or on the ground. Any struggling will be fought back at.
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 500 character limit

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 11 Dec 2007, 00:33

I glance back and see what Belaver is upto, I alert the others, then shrug and keep heading to the inn

Return to “Campfire”