A Dawn of war (RPG Forum)

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 08 Jan 2007, 01:55

"This sauce is delicious, Mama .... now when you say "attack in force" .... I'm sure we could rustle up a bit of support, but since you seem to have your fingers in lots of pots .... um, no pun intended .... honestly .... would you happen to be able to assist with the gathering of said support?"
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 08 Jan 2007, 05:38

Her smile is almost feral in nature. "Oh I think I can rustle up a few friends. However, the big guns will take more then myself, and brave people also. Of course they would have one thing on their side with this. One half of the creatures they would have the daughter of the god of those creatures on their side, the other half though a bit more..rambunctious certainly have a reason to help, as they want to rule the world, and that is hard to do if it is destroyed. Of course I am talking about the dragons. And I can get you past the initial phase, which would have been the hard part."
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 08 Jan 2007, 05:46

"Dragons ..... sweet, lots of dragons could come in pretty handy in deed .... could I have just a little more of that spiced chicken, and some of that gravy?"
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 09 Jan 2007, 09:13

"Where did you learn to cook like this, Mama?! This is the best I've eaten since my great-great-grandma passed away. She was a cook in an elf's household. In fact, she even helped the elf's wife in preparing the waybread. To bad she died before passing down those secrets..." *takes a last bite from the fluffy warm gold-coloured bread* "Mm..."
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 09 Jan 2007, 09:23

"I've had a long long time to perfect my cooking, and I do enjoy it. I know recipes from all the current races, and some from the races that no longer walk on this plane of exsistance. Sometimes I wish there was somebody to pass it on to, because though I have a long life I will eventually pass on. Not many have the time it would require though. Perhaps one day. Now on a personal note. I've seen heroes come, I've seen them go, but I have to tell you. Your group has a lot of potential, and I expect great things from you all."
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 10 Jan 2007, 03:27

Yay!The GM thinks we have potential Image

"Why dont you publish a cookbook then mama?

Can you tell us what happened during the last aligment?"

Can we have a reminder how far the aligment is?

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 10 Jan 2007, 06:12

(Correction the NPC 'Mama' thinks you have potential :)). "Well teaching it would take long enough, writing it would take much much longer. Besides I do already have the recipes writen down, but you know how long they take to copy? As for what happened the last alignment? Nothing much, sure having magic back for awhile was a bit interesting, but it was minor magic as the majority of magic was stripped by OA. I think that is how magic started actually returning to the world, however. It has been a very slow process. With magic back in full swing, however, I suspect this one will be a bit different."

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 10 Jan 2007, 18:59

"Can I have the recipe for these delicious cookies over here? Please? :D"

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 10 Jan 2007, 23:11

"Of course, any recipes anybody wants I will make available. A lot of it is how much care you put into the recipe. Now, it is getting late, and we are about to open. Any other questiosn for Mama today? Oh I have taken the liberty of giving you an open seat any time you want it, just in case after you leave you think of anything else."

Sir William S Titan
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Sir William S Titan » 10 Jan 2007, 23:16

"I've no more questions, Mama. Thank you for your information and the food."
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 500 character limit

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 12 Jan 2007, 09:17

Well as you all prepair to depart (a little heavier then you were before) you notice a bit of a commotion going on. All arround the town people carring torches are running through the streets stoping to light little spots in the town. They do not appear to be trying to set fire to anything (the spots they light are really small torches that are almost invisible when not lit) and you notice shops closing and houses being locked up. You see people of all kinds comming out in mixmatched armor. A hush falls over the town. One of the runners with the torches runs by you, and slows down only long enough to say "Slave train coming, slavers should know better then to pass by here. The townspeople are going to free the slaves. Stay where you are or help, but don't get in the way." and before you can get more details they are off to warn more people.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 12 Jan 2007, 09:21

I look around to see from which direction the slave train is coming.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 12 Jan 2007, 10:57

East along the Scar's edge. It is rather large, but something is deffinately not right here. By now most slaver caravans would avoid Scarsdale if they knew the city attacked any slave caravans. And although there are many together, there is no way they can survive an onslaught from the whole city. Especially when they will pass right by the gate of the city on their current path.

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 12 Jan 2007, 16:05

"Slavers huh? They are going to be torn to bits. And as much as I wouldn't mind seeing that happen, as a cleric I have a duty to minimize bloodshed. I'm going to see if I can convince the slavers to free the slaves without the need to resort to violence. I'm sure having an angry mob backing me up will provide some nice leverage." And with that, I start off towards the slave traders.
Last edited by Omega_Destroyer on 13 Jan 2007, 16:51, edited 1 time in total.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

Sir William S Titan
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Sir William S Titan » 13 Jan 2007, 16:47

I listen to what Omega says, and couldn't agree more. So, when he heads off, I follow.
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 500 character limit

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 13 Jan 2007, 16:54

As always i silently follow too.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 13 Jan 2007, 17:18

I follow them silently, keeping to the shady alleys.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 14 Jan 2007, 05:01

Ok as you approach the caravan you notice that a few of them are waving their hands as if to warn you off. The show no sign of slowing down, let alone stopping. What is more you notice something in their eyes. It appears to be fear. They are still headed straight for the city gate, at full tilt. You notice that some of them stop and turn arround, but they appear to be bracing for an attack from behind, not from the city.

From arround the scar comes..something. It is redish looking and rather large. It appears to be some sort of giant alligator or something very similar. It's hide looks almost bronze in the light, but with a deffinate red hue. On the side of its face runs long tendrails, and each seems to have a humanoid in its grasp. You can't really see too many details from your vantage of the tendrils however. The rest of the creature, it being huge, is decerniable even at this distance. The oddest feature is the eyes, which are also redish in nature but have a moldy green 'ring' arround the red iris.
Last edited by Mytical on 14 Jan 2007, 09:35, edited 1 time in total.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 14 Jan 2007, 09:31

I climb up the closest tree available* and try to spot whatever is behind them. Since it's dawn, I hope the sun won't get into my eyes.

* I also hope it's a tree with lots of branches, so that I can climb it easily (being a gnome and all...)

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 14 Jan 2007, 14:14

I assist the gnome in getting up the tree.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Return to “Campfire”