Pet Peeves

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 14 Sep 2006, 20:34

Kristo wrote: All that will do is make movie tickets cost more. The best solution is, as you said, to stop going. And if you can, make it known to them that you're avoiding the place because of people and their cell phones. If enough people complain, the cinema owners might do something about it.
Why?Those things aren really that expensive(when you divide them by the number of tickets sold),and will stop people from not going to cinemas because of this,thus will make more sold tickets.Besides,managers are helples about this because they can only apeal to the viewers not to use their phones,they cannot force them to,unless a law is passed allowing them that freedom.So its goverments fault,not theater managers.

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 14 Sep 2006, 21:06

People who don't put the cell phone down when parking or turning. I understand you want to talk when you drive... fine. But say "hold on" and make your turn before you cause an accident.

PEOPLE WHO TRY TO TALK TO YOU WHILE THEY HAVE HEADPHONES ON! Ohmygod could you be any more annoying.

Dogpassers. People who ride in the merging lane to gain spots and then cause the accident that REALLY causes the bad traffic.

People who don't even bother to remember your name Nothing could say "I only care about me - I'm just talking to you so I can talk" more.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
If I were a flower, I'd be a really big flame-throwing flower with five heads.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 14 Sep 2006, 21:11

gravyluvr wrote: PEOPLE WHO TRY TO TALK TO YOU WHILE THEY HAVE HEADPHONES ON! Ohmygod could you be any more annoying.
I managed to speak with a few professors while listening to music,and they never noticed.One of the many things I learned in highschool :devious: But of course,if you dont know how to do it,then dont even try :devil:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 14 Sep 2006, 21:17

Pls, we had a cd-walkman hooked up to some computer speakers playing in the back of the class loud enough for us to hear during the last year of highschool and the one time one of the teachers noticed the noise a claim that it came from outside fixed it.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 14 Sep 2006, 21:25

Ah,but my school is a special one,and my class had the second highest number of students of all 6 classes with whooping 23 of us(the highest in my generation was 26,I think).It really isnt easy to hide something like that,especially since we had very perceptive professors(except the chem one,in whose class we wreaked terror :devil: )

Lady Farquad
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Lady Farquad » 14 Sep 2006, 21:33

The person next to you at the theater that loves Mozart sooooo much, he/she can't stop explaining to his companion the development of the performance :mad:
Morior, ergo sum

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 14 Sep 2006, 22:56

DaemianLucifer wrote:Ah,but my school is a special one,and my class had the second highest number of students of all 6 classes with whooping 23 of us(the highest in my generation was 26,I think).It really isnt easy to hide something like that,especially since we had very perceptive professors(except the chem one,in whose class we wreaked terror :devil: )
23... yeah, huge number there. So... you went to a "special" school?! :devil:
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 14 Sep 2006, 23:45

Rofl I come from a town so small there was 500 in the whole school. We had like 12 in a class do to the size of the town :). Of course there are problems with this, I mean hey you do anything and the whole town knows about it. Like the time I gave a guy a black eye. All the guys in the school wouldn't step within 20' for a year after..and the poor guy..well you can imagine.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 15 Sep 2006, 20:08

Milla aka. the Slayer wrote:People who hit my car from behind because they "couldn't understand why I wasn't moving when the lights were red":[/b] I mean seriously! This happens frequently.
Frequently? It happened to me maybe once in my whole life, and I've been driving for 18 years already (including 5 years around Montreal on a daily basis).

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 15 Sep 2006, 20:13

Yes frequently! People here should not be allowed to drive - except me of course :proud:
It happened to me thrice in the past two months :disagree:
Luckily only their cars took damage :devious:
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 15 Sep 2006, 21:28

Milla aka. the Slayer wrote: It happened to me thrice in the past two months :disagree:
Maybe it isn't other drivers that are the problem. ;)
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 15 Sep 2006, 21:30

It is! And they're all women.
Seriously..there's no excuse for bumbing into my car when there's a red light :disagree:
You've lost sweety ;)
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

Paulus1
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Paulus1 » 15 Sep 2006, 21:33

You must be doing something amazingly wrong 8|
I've never experienced any other car bumping into mine in Odense.

Maybe you should change that to "women here shouldn't be allowed to drive" :devious:

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 18 Sep 2006, 03:04

ahhh yes, that old chestnut :D

other things that give me the sh...

tailgaters - can't stand 'em

people who say "myself" a lot, just to sound important, in fact, make that people who like to sound important so they throw in exotic and superflous ( :D ) words

spelling mistakes in the everyday world - in menu's and signboards and the like

and there are many more, will add when i think of them
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 18 Sep 2006, 16:52

stefan.urlus wrote:spelling mistakes in the everyday world - in menu's and signboards and the like
Oh, but they are funny! :?

Once upon a time, I read "Poo" on my menu. Of course, in Portuguese, coconuts and poo are written like this: coco and cocô. There was poo juice as the day special.

I do it all the time here, are I? In Portuguese, because I don't know if English speakers twitch when listening something similar, listening somebody say: 'a gente fumo' or 'nóis vai' is so damn fun. It is something like: 'we lot wento' 'we goes'.

Seeing 'chega-mos' is also really funny. Like: 'we arri-ve'. Because of some words in Portuguese like "matá-lo' using object "lo" to write: 'kill him' as if it was 'kill-him'.:devious:

But it would be really funny if you could understand how it sounds like if we passed our sayings to English. Abnormal things like this would happen: "Tea with me that I book your face." lol or "Between, my well" because of either the pronouncing or the meaning. First one means: "Let me handle that to release you from 'something'". "Come in, my dear".
:D

8|
:|
:??
What was I saying? :devil:
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 18 Sep 2006, 18:02

One of which I was just reminded this morning:

I find it very annoying when I grab a chocolate chip cookie, only to find, after taking a bite, that the chocolate chips are actually RAISINS. If that isn't one of life's great disappointments, I don't know what is.

Now, I have nothing against raisin cookies. I actually like raisin cookies....but only when I know going into it that I'm going to be eating a raisin cookie. If I think I'm getting a chocolate chip cookie, and I end up eating a raisin cookie, I feel cheated and pissed off at whoever wasn't respectful enough to LABEL THE COOKIES AS CONTAINING RAISINS AND NOT CHOCOLATE CHIPS.

I swear, it should be an international law that raisin cookies should be only baked with blue food coloring in the batter. That way you know. Blue cookies: contains raisins and not chocolate chips. And if you bake a raisin cookie without blue food coloring:

:beheading:
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 18 Sep 2006, 18:03

Panda Tar wrote: I do it all the time here, are I? In Portuguese, because I don't know if English speakers twitch when listening something similar, listening somebody say: 'a gente fumo' or 'nóis vai' is so damn fun. It is something like: 'we lot wento' 'we goes'.
Its gangsta talk.Ever watched ali g?Its so damn funny("East side is da best,btw)
Panda Tar wrote: "Between my,...well"="Come in, my dear"
:devious:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 18 Sep 2006, 18:08

Corribus wrote: I swear, it should be an international law that raisin cookies should be only baked with blue food coloring in the batter. That way you know. Blue cookies: contains raisins and not chocolate chips.
Blue cookies?! Yuck.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 18 Sep 2006, 20:36

DaemianLucifer wrote:"Between my,...well"="Come in, my dear"
:devious:
That was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo naughty. :rolleyes:
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 19 Sep 2006, 01:08

yes, definately annoying when you go to eat something delicious only to find out that it's not what you thought it was .... :mad:
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Return to “Campfire”