RPG Signup

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 18 Sep 2006, 01:09

Most of the names of this world are figments of my imagination, or influenced from other places. As for Dumbar over Dunbar, hehe Dumb - ar just doesn't seem to be right lol. Names are always subjective..for instance I've heard people refer to places by some very colorful alternatives. Hehe :).
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 18 Sep 2006, 01:17

just so you know Myst, I'm gonna go the human Thief
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 18 Sep 2006, 05:24

Ok everybody first part of the RPG is live!! and 6 more days for active signup and this thread goes pfft. Hope you all will enjoy the game, and keep in mind, not everything is as it seems.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

Psychobabble
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby Psychobabble » 18 Sep 2006, 06:21

Linkage for interested persons.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 18 Sep 2006, 06:24

Ty ty ty, :hail: :hail: :hail: Much apreciated :)

And to reinterate for those who have actions that won't be visible by others, please PM me with details. After all, that way you can decide what you divulge and what you don't *wicked grin:

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 18 Sep 2006, 16:37

Mytical wrote:Thanks for that TT :). For those of you not familiar with this don't let that spook you.
Whaaaaaaaaaa! :scared:

Well, anyway, is that 'the official role playing character table' we'll use? Rather nice. :yes:

Hum, just to be sure, will be there anything about class specialization or evolution, such as: monk -> minister -> holy guardian of the seven temples? Or I'll be a monk whatever happens? :??
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 18 Sep 2006, 16:53

Panda Tar wrote: Hum, just to be sure, will be there anything about class specialization or evolution, such as: monk -> minister -> holy guardian of the seven temples? Or I'll be a monk whatever happens? :??
No specialization like that, but you can choose different feats. And you can also pick a new class to lvl-up in when you gain a lvl. Unfortunatly you cannot gain any more Monk lvls if you do that (most of the other classes don't have that problem, i think only the Paladin shares this), but it's up to the GM to decide if she stick by that.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 18 Sep 2006, 17:03

A'ha, like quiting that job, for instance. Not being a monk anymore, although preserving some abilities and spells (if there's any), and going to another path? It can be nice...or dreadful. There must be some designated paths for that, aren't there? So we don't jump from bread to the ice-cream.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 18 Sep 2006, 17:30

Not really. You only get an XP penalty for having more then 1 class. Only the Paladin and the Monk lose the ability to gain new lvls. But you can only gain 20 lvls (unless you go into Epic) overall, so you can't reach lvl 20 with neither.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Sir William S Titan
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Sir William S Titan » 18 Sep 2006, 17:41

ThunderTitan wrote:Not really. You only get an XP penalty for having more then 1 class. Only the Paladin and the Monk lose the ability to gain new lvls. But you can only gain 20 lvls (unless you go into Epic) overall, so you can't reach lvl 20 with neither.
And that exp penalty is only if you have more than one class that's not a favored class. Although, IIRC if those classes are within one level of eachother, you don't suffer the penalty.

This, however, is according to 3.5 rules. Myticle may use different rule for multi-classing.
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 500 character limit

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 18 Sep 2006, 18:11

Sir William S Titan wrote:
ThunderTitan wrote:Not really. You only get an XP penalty for having more then 1 class. Only the Paladin and the Monk lose the ability to gain new lvls.
And that exp penalty is only if you have more than one class that's not a favored class. Although, IIRC if those classes are within one level of eachother, you don't suffer the penalty.
Thats correct.And humans can mix any two classes.And this doesnt apply to epic classes.Also,I dont think that all monks and all paladins get that restriction.It mostly depends on the new class and the aligment of the previous one.
ThunderTitan wrote:But you can only gain 20 lvls (unless you go into Epic) overall, so you can't reach lvl 20 with neither.
You dont have to take an epic class to go over level 20.And Tar,you can evolve.There are epic classes that need certain requirements to be met(like having a certain level of spells,or obtain a certain attack bonus).
Last edited by DaemianLucifer on 18 Sep 2006, 18:22, edited 1 time in total.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 18 Sep 2006, 18:15

DaemianLucifer wrote: You dont have to take an epic class to go over level 20.
No, but it's cosidered an epic character anyway.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 18 Sep 2006, 19:37

DaemianLucifer wrote:And Tar,you can evolve.There are epic classes that need certain requirements to be met(like having a certain level of spells,or obtain a certain attack bonus).
Hum, sounds thrilling. OK, that's just my imagination thinking my monk will fly and beam laser from his eyes. :D

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 18 Sep 2006, 20:14

Panda Tar wrote: OK, that's just my imagination thinking my monk will fly and beam laser from his eyes. :D
No, but he'll be able to walk through walls.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 18 Sep 2006, 20:16

Panda Tar wrote: Hum, sounds thrilling. OK, that's just my imagination thinking my monk will fly and beam laser from his eyes. :D
Well you wont get lasers from eyes,but quivering palm can be considered something like that.A hand of doom,oscilating ray,or whatever :D

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 18 Sep 2006, 20:35

ThunderTitan wrote: No, but he'll be able to walk through walls.
Whooooooooa!! :hoo: Really!? :proud:

:|

But I believe it's not like a ghost would do, is it? ;) Strong body, strong mind. Cool. :hoo:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 18 Sep 2006, 21:04

Panda Tar wrote: But I believe it's not like a ghost would do, is it? ;) Strong body, strong mind. Cool. :hoo:
Empty Body (Su)

At 19th level, a monk gains the ability to assume an ethereal state for 1 round per monk level per day, as though using the spell etherealness. She may go ethereal on a number of different occasions during any single day, as long as the total number of rounds spent in an ethereal state does not exceed her monk level.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 18 Sep 2006, 21:19

Dual/multi-class/ect

Ok here is how I have always personally seen dual classes handled (dual classes is when you start with 2 classes in my understanding). Your experience is equally divided ammoung your two classes, and you progress in both about the same (though if one of your classes is very high exp and the other low one will outpace the other). You have limits according to your classes, but get benifits as well.
For instance..dual class Fighter/Mage. The benifit is you can wear armor and use larger edged weapons. However, to cast your spells, the armor must be off.
Paladins can not dual class, nor can ranger or monk. They require special discipline and can start out only focusing on the class they have.

Multi-class. When you start out one class and switch to another. Until your new class is one above your old class you have all the limitations of the new class, and though you can use your old class's abilities whenever you do you loose all exp gained for that adventure. Once your new class is 1 above your old class this restriction dissapears. While any class can multi-class there are some restrictions. Paladins suffer more exp loss if not multiclassing to fighter or cleric. Ranger gets stiffer penalties if not Fighter or Druid. Also unless the god Paladins serve is ok with switching, a paladin will normally loose most of there abilities until they attone. After all they are a gods chosen warrior, and suddenly giving that up comes with a price. (Like loosing there special warhorse they can quest for and the ability to use the Holy Advenger if they are lucky enough to get one).

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 18 Sep 2006, 21:32

Thats how it worked with 2.In 3.5 you dont divide XP among your classes,and your character level doesnt have to be the same as your class level.You choose your primary class,and when you receive enough XP to level up,you can choose another class(up to 4).Now,all races(except for humans),have a favourite class.When you have a favourite class,you can choose any other class as long as you meet the requirements for it.And you receive no penalties.And the difference in levels between your favourite class and the other class can be anything(you can even play a 14/3 thief/mage).But I think that you need to have your favourite class as the highest level class if you want to level the other class.If you have two classes that arent your favourite classes,you have an XP penalty,and those two have to be at max 1 level in difference(so the above example cant be if neither thief nor mage is your favourite).

And,since we are using mostly 3.5 rules here,I think it should be used in class choices as well.Your call misty.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 18 Sep 2006, 21:38

It would get very difficult to keep up with such a system to be honest. Might get people jumping all over the map with classes. Personally I dont want a mage in plate mail casting spells...that is just a personal preference. To keep things as basic as we can right now, going with the 2.0 version, with option to change later.

Return to “Campfire”