Praise Thread 2.0

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 10 Sep 2006, 12:56

All hail the great and mighty Corribus for helping a person like me with my studies! I'm very much bowled over, for not anyone would look at a list of 10 chemistry questions and go through them all, and not anyone would send me a list of papers so readily (though I could hardly understand them at all :D ). Thank you, Corribus. Thank you.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 10 Sep 2006, 19:41

Hail the grand serbian water polo players!Theyve managed to beat the hungarians and show that serbia is still the best water polo represantation in the europe. :applause: :applause: :hail: :hail: :hail:

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 11 Sep 2006, 02:05

I think Michael Schumacher could do with a little praise, he may just get to retire with an eighth world championship to his credit, he's having a magnificent end to his career, after starting his last season with an underperforming car
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 11 Sep 2006, 05:33

Angelspit for helping me out and promptly too, you work way to hard. :hail: :hail: :hail: :tsup:
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 11 Sep 2006, 06:31

yes, i noticed the name change .... although it took me by surprise initially as i had looked for a name change option in the profile area, with no success .... shoulda thought to ask AS myself, too late now

vhilhu
Druid
Druid

Unread postby vhilhu » 11 Sep 2006, 14:14

all praise the Master Builder! hear the words of Karras... the words of Karras...

and i guess Linus Torvalds needs some praising too.

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 12 Sep 2006, 02:52

Banedon wrote: Thank you, Corribus. Thank you.
It was my pleasure.
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 12 Sep 2006, 22:14

stefan.urlus wrote:Two kids to look after and about half way through another pregnancy.
You have 3 kids?! 8| Looks like i'll have to reconsider the whole "swiming over to killl you and take over your life" thing.... darn.

Kudos on baby #3 dude.
Praise to Polish people for selling everything you could possibly think of for reasonably and seriously low prices
I don't think you should praise ppl for being poor. But, hey, that's just me. ;)

I'd like to praise alchohol mixed with fruit for making the last leg on the journey back home quite an enjoyable experience.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 13 Sep 2006, 00:58

You have 3 kids?! Looks like i'll have to reconsider the whole "swiming over to killl you and take over your life" thing.... darn.

Kudos on baby #3 dude.
well, 2 and a half at the moment .... but will be three soonish

yeah, killing me might concern the wife somewhat!!! :D

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 13 Sep 2006, 10:10

stefan.urlus wrote: yeah, killing me might concern the wife somewhat!!! :D
Yeah, my dislike of the little monsters might not be good for their psychological well being, and she wouldn't want that... :devious:

I'd like to praise Mytical, for starting what will be my first online RPG...
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Shuyssar
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Shuyssar » 14 Sep 2006, 19:46

Praise Ubisoft and Nival for giving us such a great game! Heroes of Might and Magic 5 rocks!

Lady Farquad
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Lady Farquad » 14 Sep 2006, 21:40

Happy Birthday México! :applause:
Morior, ergo sum

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 18 Sep 2006, 03:11

well, we just "celebrated" 50 years of TV yesterday

praise be to the TV

Lady Farquad
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Lady Farquad » 18 Sep 2006, 14:23

Only 50? Gee, it seems it's been around forever!
Morior, ergo sum

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 19 Sep 2006, 01:11

it has, that's a lot longer than most of us have been alive!!!

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 19 Sep 2006, 23:32

I'd like to praise Naskoni, for the following post:
Yes, you are doing your best - going above and beyond whatever your your pay has suggested. One has but to wonder how irrespectively of whether it was the beta, the state of each patch and even now you pour tons of arguments how the game is more advanced, better polished and whatnot in comparison to whichever previous installment but on the other hand you seem to be part of such a nano-minority of people that find nothing wrong with the game... How come so few share your utmost enthusiasm with how Nival "works" on the game? I find it strange when you praise every single decision of theirs while seemingly almost everybody else is at a loss as to half the things they are doing? Maybe because there is hardly any communication with these people?

There are MANY complaints, argumented ones, that required MUCH more immediate attention than the current half-baked rebalance, which nobody asked for - so much for "we listen to the community", their priorities are somewhere else! What happened to the humongous bug list compiled by people that did and still do (well, maybe) care about the game, eh? What about that? Or maybe this rebalance was so damn vital the bugs had to wait, for example, 6 more months, right?

This game is played by the community, the customers, end-users but you obviously seem to think that their opinion is good only for the trash, isn't it? You have shared your opinion of how useless it is for us to constantly make suggestions because as you put it so nicely they won't change a iota because of what we think - as they have demonstrated pretty well themselves anyway. They demonstrate damn well an attitude of "we know best what you want, how you want it and when you want it" and according to you we should just agree with everything and shove it down as it is - no questions asked, for after all there is no point in doing so, no?

Yes, you and Chuckles would be so damn happy if the only posts made agreed with you completely elevating your status to the one of a HoMM Oracle, the all knowing, and new players wouldn't have to be bothered by incomprehensibly long lists of bugs (my current favourite - "not enought movement points" - now that was a hard one to squash, isn't it?), half-baked interface (interestingly enough at a certain stage of the beta the interface was actually better) and a semi-dumb AI (no, I don't mean the campaign one) - one that has to cheat like hell in order to present any challenge whatsoever. Life would have been good, no? By the way you have the exact same attitude to people still playing but "complaining" (they are ignorant and dumb for not seeing the light too or have simply not played "enough" or whatever that prevents them from understanding this so mega "complex" game, while you seemingly have no problem understanding everything, oh, the self esteem) so nothing new under the sun. At least you are not calling people idiots as often as in the beginning (talking about arrogance here), but it's maybe just me that have missed such recent posts...

As I said - you alone can make me coming back for more - I find you THAT ridiculous...

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 19 Sep 2006, 23:38

Praise and congrats to Wimfrits - who just had a child! :-D
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 19 Sep 2006, 23:40

A wee little parrot?! How cute... Has it actualy been that long since the wedding? :devious:

Praise to wimfrits wife, she had the less pleasant part.
Last edited by ThunderTitan on 19 Sep 2006, 23:57, edited 1 time in total.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 19 Sep 2006, 23:49

Kalah wrote:Praise and congrats to Wimfrits - who just had a child! :-D
He did?Time for a baby shower then! :applause: to the blue bird!

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 20 Sep 2006, 00:58

congrats wimfrits and wife/partner .... a wonderful and stressful experience

Return to “Campfire”