Random thoughts

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 09 Mar 2008, 01:55

I was actually talking from my own experience, I know a thousand and one stupid stories about a thousand and one stupid drunk people. I work in marchandising industry for several years now, even more I was grown up in this industry. Though it wouldn't be hard or pukingly disastrous, if it weren't for people who don't know what they want or they want something so precisely without even being able if you give them the wanted thing or not (just as ScarlettP wrote).
"Rage against the system, the system, what kills the human spirit."

ScarlettP
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby ScarlettP » 09 Mar 2008, 12:40

And then there are the people who just can't make up their minds... so they want to buy 6 outfits... take them home... try them on a few more times with their other shoes & what not (Play dress up)... then select the one they really like and bring back the other 5 - or, more likely all 6 - for a full refund like My little Mom & Pop shop was Frelling WALLY WORLD making billions of dollars every day. Those big stores don't miss a few sales here or there and the majority of their items are NOT seasonal. For a little shop with only 3 to 12 copies of any item and short seasonal bursts of business, if some indecisive bimbo has the last one at her house when someone else wants to purchase it, then I've missed a sale that will not come back... and then the bimbo brings the item back in a torn up package with the seams split out and make up all over it, spelling like her cat peed on it, and she honestly thinks I should give her HER money back? Kiss my royal rear end.

Gamers don't grow old. We just level up.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 09 Mar 2008, 13:59

You have a "no refunds" policy, then? Sounds reasonable.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 10 Mar 2008, 00:30

"Polly want a cracker", sort of thing?
not really :)
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 10 Mar 2008, 01:27

Luckily I don't have such problems while running my bar... but I do have a lot of drunk people...

ScarlettP
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby ScarlettP » 10 Mar 2008, 01:53

LOL! It would be very bad if someone wanted a refund on their drink.

--------------

I just threw up in the men's room. Can I get my money back because I never left the bar with your beer?

Gamers don't grow old. We just level up.

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 10 Mar 2008, 02:02

:lolu: Yes, especially after puking, stating that I gave him an expired drink...
To take it a bit serious, I remember two-three cases when the beer was oily, or sour a bit.. (our industry is a bit 'weak') I changed the beer than of course. Last time I found a bottle of non-alch. beer what smelled like rotten egg :ill:

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 10 Mar 2008, 06:01

DBAN takes a long damn time

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 10 Mar 2008, 10:54

pickles.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 10 Mar 2008, 11:21

Muszka wrote:Luckily I don't have such problems while running my bar... but I do have a lot of drunk people...
Thanks God for that. :D At least you know there's plenty of clients any day, specially if they're drunk.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 10 Mar 2008, 13:23

there is that panda, no one likes a drink like a drunk :D

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 10 Mar 2008, 14:38

Panda wrote:At least you know there's plenty of clients any day, specially if they're drunk.
Were you ever reasoning with a drunk man? And with a stupid people? How about with peasants? Now combine these three and you are getting closer with what kind of people I have to work... :tired:

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 10 Mar 2008, 14:49

:oex: Yeee... we get a new thread with politics and stuff....

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 10 Mar 2008, 16:28

Just got out of bed. It's 5:30 pm. That's gotta be some kinda record. Maybe I should just stay in bed until tomorrow...
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 10 Mar 2008, 16:31

Saturday the 8th of march (yeah i know that was 2 days ago!) me and my girlfriend were together for a YEAR. I'm SO hapy with that, and i hope we can have many more years together!!!
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 11 Mar 2008, 00:33

Observatory..? Seems the moderating discussion thread had its effect after all :)
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 11 Mar 2008, 00:56

It's not the first time allowing politics and religion has been suggested, but we decided to isolate such matters in a single forum.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 11 Mar 2008, 06:24

well blow me down! :D

nicely done darkness, congrats

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 11 Mar 2008, 11:35

Muszka wrote:
Panda wrote:At least you know there's plenty of clients any day, specially if they're drunk.
Were you ever reasoning with a drunk man? And with a stupid people? How about with peasants? Now combine these three and you are getting closer with what kind of people I have to work... :tired:
What about peasants? :| Actually, appart the lack of politeness (and not so often), nothing wrong. :) Stupid people usually get drunk. Getting drunk is something I think it's just stupid, but stupid people drunk might be easier to deal than stupid people in power, bossing you, married with you... :D And reasoning with drunk people, I always do this: listen. After a while, they'll just stop saying anything and you can leave that person alone. If one starts asking you question, I really don't know why, but they always agree, even when they said something really different. :D But I confess I rather hate troubled drunk people - my first girlfriend got killed by being hit by a car driven by a drunk guy. So, I, er, doesn't fancy much drunk people. When I got drunk by accident (since I was attempting to keep myself warm, then I drunk too much vodka), I felt slightly discomfortable and ashamed, then I thought that, as long as I don't hurt or bully anyone, it wouldn't harm. It was almost funny, but I felt sick after a while.

Oh, yes, I have many drunk friends. I hit them when they go berserk due drinking. :D

Good about that new board. At least they are attempting to find a way out for those who wants to talk about politics and religion and football...oh, yeah, football is not annoying everywhere as it is here. There's a saying here: "Never discuss politics, religion and football. It won't do any good."
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 11 Mar 2008, 14:33

Panda wrote:But I confess I rather hate troubled drunk people
That was my point :) I have to deal with more than one drunk guy at a time, and most times the simple "listen and wait" tactics does not work :). They think they are smart, nice, strong, and diplomatic, but actually most of them becomes stupid, and that can be a real issue, when they were stupid already. And the problem is only bigger when they were/are unpolite, usually peasantry is so, but, I wasn't referring just to the rural guys.
Most times I abtain myself, not to get drunk, 'cos I know how is that seen from outside.
Funny, but my experience tells me that there is more trouble with drunk women with drunk men usually :)

Return to “Campfire”