Random thoughts

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 28 Feb 2008, 13:21

ScarlettP wrote:Dog gone it! I wander away for a few days you guys go nuts in here!
Things like that happens! :jester: Where's my wallet?
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 28 Feb 2008, 14:28

ScarlettP wrote:Dog gone it! I wander away for a few days you guys go nuts in here!
Lots of feisty drama for sure, set off time to catch up ;)
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 28 Feb 2008, 15:48

Violence thread, shmilence thread... we all know that it's really Milla's fault for not putting out...

I'd never give 71% OFF off anytning, surely.
What, you have no moldy old socks lying around?
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 28 Feb 2008, 15:49

ThunderTitan wrote:Violence thread, shmilence thread... we all know that it's really Milla's fault for not putting out...
To the whole forum?

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 28 Feb 2008, 16:00

Muszka wrote:Good for you. Actually I was referring to the 'violence thread' after effects. I've seen some mods were a bit angered... nevermind I don't wanna star it all over... but as a side note I'd add that though my day wasn't easy it was good enough.
After Effects is a nice software indeed...er...oh, not that after effect, then? Oh, that's a joke of mine. Forgive me! :please: :D

I mean, get through it. :) I also got wary with those after effects, but let's deal with it peacefully, so it may warm down. Everyone can be irritated sometimes, no matter what. That's better than not knowing if the person has feelings at all. Being impartial and reasonable are different things that tend to be mixed up...and, what does that mean at all? :lol: I think I'm going nuts today. Some really important work to do this afternoon is making me seriously go nuts. *disturbed smiley here*
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 28 Feb 2008, 22:36

we get to move a hub, some switches, and other gear today, not looking forward to it really
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 29 Feb 2008, 16:42

Panda Tar wrote:I mean, get through it. :) I also got wary with those after effects, but let's deal with it peacefully, so it may warm down. Everyone can be irritated sometimes, no matter what. That's better than not knowing if the person has feelings at all. Being impartial and reasonable are different things that tend to be mixed up...and, what does that mean at all?
Oh, I was calm, even if I would liked to be angry I couldn't do it. I was way to tired, it was a full day.
"Rage against the system, the system, what kills the human spirit."

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 29 Feb 2008, 17:23

Full day, eh? :D Sometimes it's crescent... :tongue: but I think it's always full around here. :lol:

Oh, just more 1 month for the 8th...8TH! Edition of Big Brother Brazil has an end (and it's about damn time!). :disagree: I can't stand my full day being hinted here and there by those girlish comments of my workmates saying silly stuff about those silly people all the time, often punctuated by some soap opera devil plot. :rolleyes: That's making one's day full of codswallop. :tired:

ScarlettP
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby ScarlettP » 01 Mar 2008, 00:00

My life is a soap opera. I watch 'em on TV... but don't talk about them.

Gamers don't grow old. We just level up.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 01 Mar 2008, 08:45

That sounded eerie. Is everything all right, big sister? :?

ScarlettP
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby ScarlettP » 01 Mar 2008, 22:46

Yes, dear. Just the normal daily drama.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 03 Mar 2008, 11:06

Kalah has stinky pants... [size=0]in the laundry basket. [/size]
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

ScarlettP
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby ScarlettP » 03 Mar 2008, 11:43

I'm trying to figure out how to deal with a friend who has insulted me on several occasions but still wants favors from me. Now, before you just say 'tell him to jump in the lake'... there are circumstances. Lots of them.

Said friend is Bob the photographer. Bob started out shooting just pictures of birds and landscapes. (He's a BIG TIME bird watcher!) In the last few years, he has branched out into doing model work. He supplements the costs of his equipment, gas etc. by selling prints of his photos to the models and their families. He also has a hand full of Wanna Be Professional models that he shoots ALL THE TIME! He sets up all kinds of special photo shoots for these women. I do not know if they ever buy his prints, but I'm under the impression that they do not because they do these shoots almost every weekend. He does wonderful photo shop work turning normal pictures into interesting works of art. Example, he shoots women holding an empty frame, then photo shops other photos into the frame so that the two shots of the woman are interacting with each other 'in & out' of the frame. He takes pictures of women and edits fairy wings onto them. He did some '1940's' style 'pin up' shots and actually Photo shopped one onto an airplane pic to look like nose art. He's very good.

Ok... I rent costumes for a living. I was invited to two of these 'special' photo shoots for the 'fat old broads'. I carried a TRUNK FULL of costumes and accessories over to the location. Some of it was out of my closet, some was new merchandise still in the packages from the shop. The ladies went crazy playing with all the props, hats, boas, gloves, etc. At the end of the shoot, as I was packing up all my stuff, I noticed the ladies paying Bob for some pictures and TIPPING the make up artist. Ms. Scarlett didn't get so much a 'Thank you for bringing stuff' or 'Can I help you pack?'

Later, Bob wanted some specialty shots of his favorite model dressed as a 'fallen angel'. He called Ms. Scarlett and offered prints from the shoot to use as advertisements for the costume shop. I provided a location, back drops, props, several costume choices, horns and feathered wings. They took a few shots in the costumes, then the model stripped down to her underwear doing "Victoria's Secret" style angels shots the rest of the day. There was not ONE SINGLE usable photo of the girl in a COSTUME! Lots and lots of her in her underwear... but I run a family oriented shop and don't sell bras. BTW - they kept those $25 wings and ruined three pairs of horns.

The next big shoot coming up is at the Choo Choo (old train depot now restored as a hotel) and the theme is "Murder Mystery". Bob called good old Ms Scarlett for dresses, hats, gloves, coats, anything that would work for his size 2, 4, & 8 models. He went on and on about how MANY models he would have. Maybe up to 10... after 15 minute of discussing it, and talking about hats and trench coats... he FINALLY said "You could come. Even you could do this one."

Let that sink in guys.

When we did the couple of 'fat old broad' shoots, there were two ladies who were younger and better looking than the rest of us. Bob spent WAY more time working with those ladies than the rest of us. When it was MY turn in front of the camera... he was pretty much Click, Click NEXT! Now, he'll be doing up to 10 tiny models... but I can bring my car trunk full of things to make THEM look even better... and if I wear a trench coat and hat, I can be in a shot or two as a back ground character.

Does ANYONE here understand WHY I'm offended?

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 03 Mar 2008, 11:57

Told him that. ;)

Cause it looks that he's having different plans/matters in mind. He should shoot all, esp. when you brought up the costumes.

Ooo, it may end in seeking for new photograph of course...
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 03 Mar 2008, 13:05

Don't let him get to you too much, he is just a male chauvinist orc. :)

The next time he calls fishing for favours, you could say something along the lines of "Oh, I think my fat bottom and pretty costumes might just stay outta this one." Image

A$$****.
:thinking:

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 03 Mar 2008, 13:32

ScarlettP wrote:At the end of the shoot, as I was packing up all my stuff, I noticed the ladies paying Bob for some pictures and TIPPING the make up artist. Ms. Scarlett didn't get so much a 'Thank you for bringing stuff' or 'Can I help you pack?'
Ask for help! :) Say something like: "You see, my back hurts when I do all the job alone. Wouldn't you mind helping me packing all this stuff?"
There was not ONE SINGLE usable photo of the girl in a COSTUME! Lots and lots of her in her underwear... but I run a family oriented shop and don't sell bras. BTW - they kept those $25 wings and ruined three pairs of horns.
This one can be easily solved: if it'll ever have a next time, just tell him: I expect you take more care of all the stuff you ask me, Bob (it's important saying his name, or he won't pay any attention, and say his name sternly), because I don't like spending my time and my money for nothing at all, since I don't live up by making favors (this last part, try speaking with a fake smile, as long as he catches the right meaning undercover, before he starts staring at a bird).
"You could come. Even you could do this one."

Let that sink in guys.
Ok, he was the one who sunk this time. The response should have been said just after this. He won't really remember anything now, if you just said anything about it, because he's not really someone who pays attention on words or relationship, but mostly for the meaning of visual content, art and so forth. If he's fond for younger people, and if he says or does things that might make you feel discomforted, I believe you shouldn't get involved personally anymore. If he wants anything else, you ask him to get all the stuff by himself and bring all them back (in a polite manner), because your presence is important somewhere else and that he wouldn't need your assistance at all. It may help a bit. :D

Now, if he's a really good friend of yours, tell only the truth, but only if he is a really close one. ;| That would sink in him too. Probably wouldn't change his mind or opinion about anything, but maybe make him more careful when putting words altogether.

ScarlettP
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby ScarlettP » 03 Mar 2008, 13:34

That's basically what I told him when he first asked for the 1940's stuff... I had said that I had two beautiful vintage ladies' coats that I could almost get into... he said "Those would be to large for my models... they are mostly size 2-4." :mad: He didn't even have a CLUE that he just called me FAT!

But he sent me another email this morning asking for stuff again and I haven't answered him. I'm chewing on what to say. He was also complaining because I had mentioned finding another photographer from out of state to work with... He said "I could do it." HA! I keep trying NOT to be as ugly to him as he as been to me by flat out saying "You obviously do not find me attractive... you're only offering to do this photo shoot because you want my trench coats, hats & furs for the other girls."

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 03 Mar 2008, 13:46

ScarlettP wrote:That's basically what I told him when he first asked for the 1940's stuff... I had said that I had two beautiful vintage ladies' coats that I could almost get into... he said "Those would be to large for my models... they are mostly size 2-4." :mad: He didn't even have a CLUE that he just called me FAT!
You should have replied: "They have any filling, or you just hire bones and skin all over? I mean that to say, this clothes are meant for people who have a body, not specters. I'm sure you could find a more suitable person for this clothings * thrusts the clothes to him irritably turning your back to him humming cheerfully*". :D
But he sent me another email this morning asking for stuff again and I haven't answered him.
Now it's the time to say that you were answering another photographer.
I'm chewing on what to say. He was also complaining because I had mentioned finding another photographer from out of state to work with... He said "I could do it."
"Certainly you could, but no thanks. I think I'll find someone else more suitable to me, after all, since it seems that I'm not really suitable for you, as you so remind me everytime we meet. Good day, Roger (write his name wrong this time, as if forgetting him already :lol:)!"

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 03 Mar 2008, 17:11

Well the photo guy IS using you, no doubt about that. And he doesn't even have the sense to be polite about it.

So, you could give him a cold shoulder from now on, rejecting his requests with more or less credible excuses. Or, explain in a reasonable tone that you can't go on letting him wear and tear your costumes for free, and say you need pay. You ARE running a business after all, and the lending you describe sounds way more than the occasional friendly favour. Possibly the last option will make him throw a hissy fit. And so might the first... but it's that or continue being used. If you wish to stay within the law, that is.
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 03 Mar 2008, 17:43

Or you could say you'll let him have all the stuff he needs... if he pays for it. You're in the costume business, after all, emphasizing the word "business".
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Return to “Campfire”