Random thoughts

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 03 Feb 2008, 08:59

Artistic? In which way?
ZZZzzzz....

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 03 Feb 2008, 09:22

I like calligraphy. Or at least I like to think that my writing looks nice :D
(I guess one could count that as some form of art... Maybe I should buy myself one of those quills and learn how to do those ornamental fonts... Might be interesting.)
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 03 Feb 2008, 09:51

Kalah wrote:We could each have a run of 60 metres and tape it, send the results here. Have some video freak match the tapes and have them run simultaneously on split-screen. I bet I'm slow off the starting grid and catches him after 50 metres. :)
Hm... interesting idea. How about 50 meters? :D
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 03 Feb 2008, 10:55

Jolly Joker wrote:Artistic? In which way?
You know, "artistic", eh, wink wink, nudge nudge, saynomore.
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 03 Feb 2008, 11:14

Nah, I don't. Is being artistic the same as being an artist? Or is being artistic doing artistic things sometimes?
ZZZzzzz....

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 03 Feb 2008, 11:18

Second option.
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 03 Feb 2008, 11:19

It's true what they say about germans :tongue:
- Duke

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 03 Feb 2008, 11:55

Ah, truth is just as elusive as "they".
ZZZzzzz....

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 03 Feb 2008, 12:00

Indeed. They hold all the facts about truth, beauty, justice, honour aaand happiness :D
- Duke

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 03 Feb 2008, 12:12

I am good at drawing and making miniature landscapes but have not tried either for a long time. Art attack had some interesting ideas to follow :)
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 03 Feb 2008, 12:15

Ethric wrote:Indeed. They hold all the facts about truth, beauty, justice, honour aaand happiness :D
Not to mention art.

I'm artistic as well. :)
ZZZzzzz....

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 03 Feb 2008, 12:28

Well, some say I'm artistic too. I study films, used to draw, paint, write, compose music, and so on. I even tried poetry once... Not proud of that, but I had my weaker periods too. :ashamed:
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 03 Feb 2008, 13:08

Films and music is art. Never tried poems, I'm afraid of the results :D
- Metathron

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 03 Feb 2008, 13:47

Fact: I'm not interested in romance. Someone fell in love with me once, but I was (still am) just not interested, and rejected her. I cannot see this changing in the foreseeable future.

So - some random thoughts...

1. Why do I exist? If I'm not interested in romance, neither would I be interested in procreation. If I'm not interested in procreation, I would not have children. If I do not have children, I ought to have been eliminated by Natural Selection long ago. But I'm still here. Why? Am I a mutation, or will my disinterest with romance fade in the future?

2. If I'm not interested in romance, neither would I be interested in procreation. Hence my genes will not pass down into the future. However - don't mean to sound arrogant here, please don't mistake me - I'm an intelligent student and near the top of my class, and humankind needs people like me to drive technology, politics, everything (which is why education is so important). Should I somehow find another highly intelligent woman and have some children? Should I even care, decide that eugenics is immoral and live my life without such thoughts? Or should I think that intelligence is not a trait to be selected for at all, and so I should humble myself and think myself not worthy of selection?

This post is likely somewhat controversial, but I do wonder over these two issues from time to time.
I'm a hypocrite because I suggested that all life is sacred and should not be wasted without good reason.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 03 Feb 2008, 13:58

The first question makes no sense, who told you that you have to have a reason to exist or you'd be killed by natural selection? Also existing can have meaning beyond just reproduction, you can affect your environment for the better. Finally I don't even know why I bothered to answer, change of interests and mood is in our nature. You are talking as if you are destined to be like that or something.

About the second one I can only say one thing. Thinking too much is for the worse :D It's your life whether you feel you have a debt to mankind or you want to do what you wish. Either way your offspring can be dumb or brilliant, saviours or destroyers, destined for something or average people.
- Metathron

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 03 Feb 2008, 14:16

theLuckyDragon wrote:Second option.
Exactly. I like to draw, I've made hundreds of paintings, I make clothes, I've been sculpting in clay and I'm a photographer....anything else? Hmm...can't remember ;|
I was just wondering whether we ever had a thread for it and if people would be interested in posting some pics of their creations. Or if people are too shy about their art? :)
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 03 Feb 2008, 14:18

Please explain "not interested in romance". I mean, if someone falls in love with you, that doesn't mean you have to fall in love with said someone as well. Rejecting advances is not THAT uncommon.
ZZZzzzz....

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 03 Feb 2008, 14:46

Banedon wrote:Fact: I'm not interested in romance. Someone fell in love with me once, but I was (still am) just not interested, and rejected her.
That happens, I'm also not romantically interested in the majority of girls I meet. Romance has nothing to do with procreation. You can have sex, simply for FUN! If you don't enjoy that, somethings is indeed wrong.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 03 Feb 2008, 17:42

Milla aka. the Slayer wrote:
theLuckyDragon wrote:Second option.
Exactly. I like to draw, I've made hundreds of paintings, I make clothes, I've been sculpting in clay and I'm a photographer....anything else? Hmm...can't remember ;|
Of course that I'm creative, here's something from me -->
(not much, but you can imagine him being a Vel running out after some of his talks.. and they say, description is half of the whole art!)
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 03 Feb 2008, 18:14

:rofl:

Nice and subtle ;)
Have we ever had a thread with homemade art here?
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

Return to “Campfire”