Random thoughts

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 08 Sep 2006, 09:01

Yeah it is night here, but then I work nights :). Hehe I sneak on sometimes while working. Of course my 'lunch' is at 6ish am...hehe. Most people that is breakfast.

@theLuckyDragon :) Yeah, personally I am 32, but most of the books I read where after I got out of highschool. Then I don't think I stopped reading every day since. All the 'childrens' and 'teen' books I know were after society thinks you should stop reading them :). Personally it would be a great benifit for society if children books were mandatory! (:giggles:) Nope, don't have any children, and doubtful I will ever have (but that is another story). Sadly my library is running out of books I have not read yet. Maybe time to start all over!
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 08 Sep 2006, 09:08

well i tend to be on here only in work time .... and not on RDO's or weekends, although i do pop in on occasion .... where time permits

and you should have a reply pm or two :)
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 08 Sep 2006, 09:20

Yep, recieved it ;). we need another random topic for the RT thread :lol: ....um favorite food? Favorite pie?? Favorite Drink? Should be random enough :)

Btw about the thread name change lol. Seen a letterhead today with this on it, thought it was hillarious. So for all you people who come in and look, don't hesitate to join in the fun!. Yeah every boss in my business recieved this mail about a country club. Some of the funnier comments were...

Parking will be limited so bring a friend. Casual attire, black tie required. Free banquet with purchase of dinner (????). Seating on a first come first serve basis, VIP's will be given special seating....just to name a few. The new name addition is temporary..probably till tommorrow...just got a kick out of these.
Last edited by Mytical on 08 Sep 2006, 09:36, edited 1 time in total.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 08 Sep 2006, 09:35

I assume that provided the necessary info? :D

favourite food: garlic prawns, spag bolognaise, lasagne, garlic bread .... all yummy!!
favourite pie? meat? but then are we talking about the same pie??
favourite drink is water

im trying to think of something random to put in here as well, but nothing is doing .... too close to knock off time

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 08 Sep 2006, 09:38

Edited above and yes, like cherry, apple, meat, ect.
Favorite food : Pizza of course.
Favorite pie, cherry (though Chocolate Cream comes in close)
Favorite drink : Lemonade.

And don't sweat it Stefan, I am random enough for all of us lol

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 08 Sep 2006, 09:48

chocolate cream pie??? cherry pie??

over here the choice is whether you want muchrooms, or cheese or bacon on your pie .... they are all meat pies (well almost all) looking something like this:

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 08 Sep 2006, 10:14

Wow, over here it is the opposit, way too many choices. Banana Cream, Blueberry, apple, the list is endless. Of course america does everything too big :(. Well I got to go for awhile, boss will be in to check things soon..be back in a few hours.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 08 Sep 2006, 11:42

stefan.urlus wrote:i think he is asleep, this thread grinds to a slow during the time i am on, it's either cause no one likes me, or that the timezone that im in happens to be day when most of europe is experiencing night :D
When you posted that it was 10:53 AM in Romania, which is in the GMT+2 timezone.

So yes, Daemian is probably still asleep :devious:
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 08 Sep 2006, 16:37

Ok time for 3 questions I would like all who post here to answer :), then I will reveal my answers to these same 3 questions.

If you could have any one thing what would it be (note:if you say money it is 1 dollar, ect).

If you could spend 24 hrs with anybody real/fictional/living/and or departed this world. Who would it be. (note things like god, sherlock holmes, or wife/husband count here :))

If you could turn into any animal, then back again, at will what would it be.

There are no wrong answers, here's to getting people thinking :gong:

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 08 Sep 2006, 16:43

Mytical302 wrote: If you could have any one thing what would it be (note:if you say money it is 1 dollar, ect).

If you could spend 24 hrs with anybody real/fictional/living/and or departed this world. Who would it be. (note things like god, sherlock holmes, or wife/husband count here :))

If you could turn into any animal, then back again, at will what would it be.
1. My own island.
2. I get sick of everyone after about 1 hour.
3. Brontosaurus
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 08 Sep 2006, 18:09

stefan.urlus wrote:now i feel foolish for asking :S , but nevermind, i am a bit anal about spelling, but not so much on forums, cause it's simply to easy to make a spelling mistake, and as long as the intent is easy enough to read, then who cares?
Some forums incorporate spellcheckers when youre writing your posts.Its a nice feature.Would you like it implemented here as well?
stefan.urlus wrote: as for the brain thing, if that is true then i don't know what that makes me .... im right handed, and am good at maths, science (physics, chem, not biol) and english and social studies .... not super creative, but back in the day when playing D&D was a profligate map/campaign designer and poem writer as well (you'll note i didn't say poet) ... so there is some of that there
Its just a theory,and like every other brain theory,its not 100% accurate.Maybe 60% at most.I doubt that anytime soon we will know how exactly the brain is working.
Mytical302 wrote:Anybody seen DL lately, havn't heard from him in a while. Hope it wasn't something I did.
Interesting that even on the internet its the women that miss me mostly :devious:
Mytical302 wrote:we need another random topic for the RT thread :lol: ....um favorite food? Favorite pie?? Favorite Drink? Should be random enough :)
Im not sure about the favourite food,but I know that there is a favourite drinks thread.Ill link it soon.

And as for my sleeping habbits,I found out that the day is 1 hour short for me because most of the time I end up going to bed an hour later than yesterday(and sleep an hour longer than yesterday too)

As for those questions:

1)a flawless time machine that fits around your wrist.
2)It would be an ex of mine,you dont know her. :devious:
3)Id like to be turned into one of my pets,and never turn back :devil:

And here is the favourite drinks thread.Revive it if you want.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 09 Sep 2006, 18:23

Thread is too quiet, so I guess I will just post some of my answers to those questions, explain why, and then something random.

My one thing : True Happiness (ok so it's cheating, I've had like 6 yrs to perfect this answer, but it is one thing even if it contains a whole lot of stuff) Most common answer : A winning lottery ticket.

24 hrs would be with God, he/she has some splaining to do. :) (if you dont get the reference of 'has some splaining to do' I am just too old). Most common answer: Tie between god and a husband/wife who passed on.

My animal of course would be my totem animal the wolf. Common answers are bird creature for the ability to fly. Most common : Eagle.

Ok can't think of anything random, so the randomness will be on hold for now :).

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 09 Sep 2006, 18:33

Mytical302 wrote: My animal of course would be my totem animal the wolf. Common answers are bird creature for the ability to fly. Most common : Eagle.
Ever considered owning one as a pet? :devious:

Id love keeping a pet tiger.And I will once I buy a large field where it can prance around all day.And Ill feed him live humans,too :devious: :devil:

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 10 Sep 2006, 06:33

Actually had a half-wolf/half-syberian husky. Was such a beautiful creature. One eye was white and the other blue. Her father was a white wolf, and her mother was a pure blood husky. I was lucky enough to get one of the surviving cubs before the father had to be put down because the person who kept him got sloppy and fed him bloody meat. (like this was the animal's fault...*sighs*).

Her name was Sky, because she looked almost like the sky lol. Her fur was somewhat blue, somewhat white, along with her eyes. When she ran it was like a blur too (a cloud skimming along the ground). I lost her when she tried to protect me from something that happened to me, and will never have another pet. Often I visit her grave, and put a flower on it. A lot of people tell me that it is not right, she was just an animal. To me she was much much more.
Last edited by Mytical on 10 Sep 2006, 07:25, edited 1 time in total.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 10 Sep 2006, 07:09

Mytical302 wrote:A lot of people tell me that it is not right, she was just an animal.
Bah,only people without pets can say such a thing.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 10 Sep 2006, 22:33

Noticing a change. You will notice a change in my posts..what you may ask? My name, thanks to the great Angelspit I have managed to get rid of that 302 after my name. Yay Angelspit!!

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 10 Sep 2006, 23:08

Mytical wrote:Noticing a change. You will notice a change in my posts..what you may ask? My name, thanks to the great Angelspit I have managed to get rid of that 302 after my name. Yay Angelspit!!
However it wont save you from being Mytical302 in the caladont game,since thats how I saved you on my computer score list :devious:

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 10 Sep 2006, 23:23

And I was thinking that here was some purpose behind this number :| :D

I had got rid of one spyware, it was cleverly done, here were three programs in the memory which continually respawned eachself. Funny because when you attempted to kill them in line you had got out two but third one restored and reload them before was killed itself + one of these two do the some for theirs dead brother. Thanks to God, that here are Rescue CD's, which saved me even if after I had rebooted, the system claimed that here are no functional disks, another restart smoothed it out, luckily :)

(Just for fun the spyware was called Virus Burn alias Pest Trap and masked yourself like anti-spyware helpful advertisement, harmless but annoyning and the rescue CD is Insert )
Last edited by Pol on 10 Sep 2006, 23:43, edited 2 times in total.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 10 Sep 2006, 23:29

Actually there was, but was starting to look a little silly :). Besides can't really explain the number on open forums. A lot of references I make can't be explained in open forums tho..hmm maybe I should stop using them lol. Oh and here is a random thought for the day...

If a few people bug you, it is a fluke.
If some people bug you, it is a cooincidence.
If most people bug you, time to consider who is bugging who....

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 11 Sep 2006, 02:15

If you could have any one thing what would it be: continual good health for my whole family

If you could spend 24 hrs with anybody real/fictional/living/and or departed this world. Who would it be: hmmm .... robert jordan, so i can find out how he's gonna end that bloody series!!! :D

If you could turn into any animal, then back again, at will, what would it be: a peregrine falcon

as for the people saying things about visiting the grave of a loved pet .... pffft, we buried our much loved dog in our garden, and planted a garden bed on her resting place, still brings a tear to my eye and a lump to my throat

Return to “Campfire”