Random thoughts

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 07 Sep 2006, 07:08

not a excessive poetry problem, surely .... ;)
Theyre not spam poems
i think the word you are looking for is sappy
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 07 Sep 2006, 07:32

It was a very nice read, Mytical. Thank you. :tsup:
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 07 Sep 2006, 09:16

That was releasing reading ;)
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: Poem : Superheroes

Unread postby Mytical » 07 Sep 2006, 12:22

Corribus wrote:
DaemianLucifer wrote:Theyre not spam poems.Maybe you should rename this one "The poetry thread".
I think that that is a very bad idea. You see, I have this little problem....
Just curious..what problem? :).
stefan.urlus wrote:good poem Mytical .... and did it pick you up??
Yep sure did. I write this type of stuff when I am feeling down or sad. Usually works as a pick me up. Oh and to my knowledge these are 100% original works by me..so be as harsh of a critic as you want. I can take it :). Oh and I like the random thoughts tag, because it is what it is, random. Feel like asking a question, ask it. Feel like posting about chickens...well hey that's random go for it.

@theluckydragon and pol...thank you :). I appreciate you all being nice.
so somebody elses turn to choose a random post now :rofl:

Oh and to DL .... I didn't say there was no santa, but that is what we are told. See the world through the eyes of a child, and the grass will be greener they sky will be bluer and Santa will exist. Never stop dreaming, never loose hope. Sappy again I know, but I am an eternal optimist, and can't help it.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 07 Sep 2006, 13:42

Mytical302 wrote:See the world through the eyes of a child, and the grass will be greener they sky will be bluer and Santa will exist. Never stop dreaming, never loose hope. Sappy again I know, but I am an eternal optimist, and can't help it.
Oh, please stop using that word. You make it sound like optimism is something to be ashamed about. There's absolutely nothing "sappy" about keeping the inner child awake.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 07 Sep 2006, 14:33

theLuckyDragon wrote:
Mytical302 wrote:See the world through the eyes of a child, and the grass will be greener they sky will be bluer and Santa will exist. Never stop dreaming, never loose hope. Sappy again I know, but I am an eternal optimist, and can't help it.
Oh, please stop using that word. You make it sound like optimism is something to be ashamed about. There's absolutely nothing "sappy" about keeping the inner child awake.
Might I add that here we all have something a bit childish in us since we enjoy fantasy games :D

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 07 Sep 2006, 20:13

Since there seems to be a revival of old threads, here's a link to the old Random Banter thread, in case anyone misses last winter's chatting.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 07 Sep 2006, 20:18

That one got closed long time ago.But I guess we have random banter here :D

Interestigly,one of the first posts there is about scarlet.Whats up with here these days?

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 07 Sep 2006, 20:24

I asked the same thing here:
viewtopic.php?t=497&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=180

To keep to the topic at hand, I'll ask everybody what their favourite piece of children's literature is. Mine is the Mary Poppins series.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 07 Sep 2006, 20:33

Hmmm...A tough one...Well,artemis fowl can be considered childrens literature,even though I read it just a few years back :D

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 07 Sep 2006, 20:41

Harry Potter, ok so more teen then child. Um...hmm grim fairy tails were always good. If Chronicles of Narnia are considered children would have to be that by far! My all time favorite one is deffinately for adults Chronicles of Thomas Covenant. Dark and somewhat depressing most of the time, but with a lesson I took to heart. When things look bleakest, you can reach deep down in yourself and might be suprised at what you can do. Like it better then even the Hobbit series (which I might add is very very good). Warning: There are some really 'questionable' parts in Chronicles read at your own risk.

As I said, if Chronicles of Narnia is not considered a children's book, I would be hard pressed to pick. Yet another random posting by yours truely :).
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 07 Sep 2006, 21:46

I loved and I'm still having Just So Stories from R.K. ...they can be found here> "Rudyard Kipling - Biography and work", like the Short Stories :)

(I have them with very pretty illustrations, first alphabet included :D )
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 07 Sep 2006, 23:36

Duh. The Hobbit.
Narnia comes in second.
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 08 Sep 2006, 03:09

i'll rank narnia above the hobbit, but only because i read the hobbit when i was in my early teens, so it becomes ineligible for me :D

the books i read as a youngster though, the Famous Five, I loved, there was also a book, or series of books about a circus that was excellent, can't recall the titles though, a bit of enid blyton, judy blume

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 08 Sep 2006, 06:15

In regards to your question Stefan (on another thread).

Sadly English is my first language, but I am one of those 'right brain people' (if you follow such things). I am better at math, creativity, and abstract then english, science, ect. Some contribute it to left handed (right brain) vs right handed (left brain), I don't know if that is true, but seems to be for myself. Add in the fact that i have the attention span of a gnat sometimes and well just say that spelling is low on my list :)

Now again I don't really follow this logic (though I do read up on it). Scientist seem to think right handed people are better at english, science, ect. Left supposed to be more mathmatical ect. I do know how to say "I don't speak your language" in about 3 other languages, as well as a smattering of other phrases.

I would love to learn American Indian as I am about 5/8th American Indian. Sadly my father and mother do not speak it, and my other relitives are gone that did speak the language.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 08 Sep 2006, 06:45

now i feel foolish for asking :S , but nevermind, i am a bit anal about spelling, but not so much on forums, cause it's simply to easy to make a spelling mistake, and as long as the intent is easy enough to read, then who cares?

as for the brain thing, if that is true then i don't know what that makes me .... im right handed, and am good at maths, science (physics, chem, not biol) and english and social studies .... not super creative, but back in the day when playing D&D was a profligate map/campaign designer and poem writer as well (you'll note i didn't say poet) ... so there is some of that there

anyway :)

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 08 Sep 2006, 07:21

I like Harry Potter, Narnia and the Hobbit too, but back when I was a kid: (1) Harry Potter didn't exist; (2) the local library only had the first volume of the Chronicles of Narnia and (3) I didn't even know Tolkien existed.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 08 Sep 2006, 07:21

Don't feel bad :) it's all good, my life is an open book, all one has to do is turn the pages. I follow the golden rule, he who has the gold makes the rules..oh no wait, its the do unto others as you want them to do unto you rule...I always get them mixed up. I belive in honesty, and will try not to lie, but don't always succeed. The way I spell, I am suprised somebody didn't ask me sooner. As for the right brain, left brain thing...scientist don't know everything, they just think they do :). I have seen wonders that no science can ever explain, and seen horrors as well (scientist think they have these figured out, me I am not so sure). I think that is everybody; however.
I don't want to get on a soapbox here, but I want to make somethings clear.
Regardless of race, religion, sex, ect, every single person is important. Their thoughts and beliefs all have merit, and I listen carefully to each one. I may not agree with you, I may not even 'like' somebody, but I will always keep an open mind. You can't believe everybody, but you can't disbelieve everybody either. In the end you have to make up your own mind, but what harm is there in having all the facts instead of a few? Every side has a story. Every person has something to tale. Anyhow that is a fraction of my 2c worth, but that is enough for now.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 08 Sep 2006, 08:47

*Sighs* seen that one comming (close of positive and patient thread). Anybody seen DL lately, havn't heard from him in a while. Hope it wasn't something I did. Stefan, expect a PM :).

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 08 Sep 2006, 08:53

okie dokie .... and so did I ;)

i think he is asleep, this thread grinds to a slow during the time i am on, it's either cause no one likes me, or that the timezone that im in happens to be day when most of europe is experiencing night :D

Return to “Campfire”