Random thoughts

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 12 Sep 2006, 02:15

Woo hoo my evil is starting to show!! I am now an Assassin :). (<---is evil incarnate but manages to hide it quite well lol)

I would have to explain how I came about the name in PM to anybody who wanted to know, but the concept of Nightsilk is another story altogether. At the time I had stopped playing EQ in which I was an elf enchanter (booorrinng, even if I did more then most normal chanters did hehe). When I learned about WoW from my oldest brother at first I thought, no last time they up and skipped on me leaving me the bag. Sadly there was an monty python epidemic in D&D and none of the games I played there were fun anymore. All my characters I had cultivated so hard had become so powerful, it wasn't fun anymore. So I broke down and tried WoW, but this time I didn't try to make a character arround what they already had. I did my research, as normal, and found the perfect class for me. My problem was that everybody was playing Human or Dwarf clerics, and I hate following a crowd. I chose Nightelf because everybody complained it was the weakest Cleric. I do stuff like that if possible .... I like a challenge.
Now with a new character the first name I tried was Mystical, no dice, Mythical, nope taken also. Tried a dozen different names, to no avail, so took a small break and after awhile come up with the name Nightsilk, which had a double meaning. It does also mean how the death dance seemed to be as smooth as silk, and since it was dark elves that did the dance, the name Night..but there was a second meaning (covered in the beginning of this posting hehe). Anyhow sadly Nightsilk is way down on my list of favorites, but she still rocks. One of the few clerics that was often begged to do Battlegrounds because she actually healed as well as destroyed, and most only destroyed. Now WoW is a snoozefest since she hit level 60, and I dont see burning crusades rekindling the spark, but I'll still have her in my stories!
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 12 Sep 2006, 07:11

@Drow Death Dance
Very interesting!

All this D&D stuff makes me wish we had a game like that around here too.
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 12 Sep 2006, 07:14

Would be difficult sadly, but I don't think impossible. Just would have to rely on honesty and have a time limit for posting hehe. Let me think of something and get back to you on that..don't see why it wouldn't be possible that is if the Mods don't send the black lightning of ixnaying on us.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 12 Sep 2006, 07:21

By "here" I didn't mean the Round Table, I meant "here where I live". I only found out what D&D really was last year when I started visiting the civfanatics forums to check out the Fall from Heaven mod for Civ4 (it's a really great mod based on one of the modmaker's D&D campaigns).

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 12 Sep 2006, 07:22

i suspect they might, but even if they don't, i suspect my involvement would be curtailed due to timezone and working hours :D , which is a shame, cause once my monk levels up a bit, he gonna whup some a$$ :D
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 12 Sep 2006, 07:58

Here are some rules I have come up with, lets see what everybody thinks that posts in this forum.

1) limit of 1 character per person, however the storyteller (i.e. whoever was chosen as GM) could limit what races/classes permited, and/or put restrictions on races/classes.

2) Keep it clean. This is to be fun for all, not a sleaze fest. Also Mods have the Black Lightning of Ixnaying, which trumps GM and/or any other power/ability/ect regardless..and they WILL use it :).

3) if you are not part of the story, please refrain from ruining it for everybody else. Also if you are (except GM or Mods for obvious reasons) keep in character..this is a RPG and should be treated as such.

4) All characters will start at level 1, however if you have an old favorite the GM might let them have a cameo (which means they will show up and give advice but not fight for or give stuff to characters).

5) All gm and mods rulings are FINAL. If you loose a favorite character, please don't wine about it, these things happen. To protect the flow of the game anybody who's character dies can get a replacement character of similar level, and anybody just entering will be of similar level. However if starting a new one or just joining, you don't just get a magical item or something just because everybody else has one (they earned those :) ).

6) When posting to keep the flow of 'combat', if in combat, post your next 6 actions at least..keeping in mind not all of them maybe possible for one reason or another. Since it would be impossible to roll for every action, the GM will do the figuring of success and failure. They will do this honestly and fairly. Also post must come within 48 hrs of the GM's post, but if you don't get it in dont worry, it will just be considered that your character was not officially present for this and will not be harmed, or loose anything. But they won't benifit from the encounter either. :)

7) I am not sure about allowing 'evil' characters in this, neutral deffinately, but since we dont want anything to break up the gameplay or cause tension between characters. I will leave that to the Mods and GM.

8) All non-visual actions would have to be sent privately to the GM, since regardless of intensions people tend to react to things they could not possibly know. (ie if there pocket is picked, ect).

Need some more suggestions want to keep this as good and pure as possible. Also, we would have to set up a way of deciding GM.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 12 Sep 2006, 08:06

it could be a logistical nightmare, but i do think it has possibilities, i suggest you pm kalah as the official game moderator to see if he has any early objections, before we get too far on this thou

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 12 Sep 2006, 08:19

And if not, personally I would not mind considering over Email between US (DL, Stefan, tLD, and maybe one or two others like TT or GOW). OR Private Messages if too much concern with Email :)

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 12 Sep 2006, 08:23

could work, but pm would work better for me than email, corporate policy and all :D

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 12 Sep 2006, 09:00

Nope,sorry,and RPG cannot be done over a forum.But a TBS or a card game could be done.

Also,note about your rules:First rule should be about the system used,since it dictates everything else.For example,I prefer systems with no aligment,and those with no HP(like shadowrun).

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 12 Sep 2006, 09:26

hmm well this can be done as a TBS also, and in somewhat heroes style :). IE you start with a character that has D&D stats and a certain ammount of gold. Your 'army' starts out with 1 unit of any town type tier 1, and you have to pay gold to aquire more units. Any type of units can be bought, your CHA determines moral and how many differnt types can be mixed. Str determines addition to attack and damage. Dex to defense and chance of reducing damge (something like luck). Con determains additions to hp of those units, wis to spell power, int to spell points. Everybody starts off with 1 in each stat, and with exp can add 1 to stats as they see fit. There is no limit to no of units, or type of units, besides what cash you have. You get cash for loosing or winning fights, or 'waiting'. You get more for winning, then loosing, then waiting. You run out of funds and can't buy more troops you loose. You can attack anybody that is within 1 level of you, but they can buy before your attack lands so keep this in mind. Price of units will be generic, not race specific.
So all tier 1's of any type would cost A, all tier 2 of any type would cost b.
The only way to upgrade your units is through EXP (that they get for surviving fights, loosing fights, or over time (longer time)). Each tier will share exp, even if new ones brought in, and all exp will be divided by total no of units. Creature exp can be used to upgrade to better type (ie imp to familiar) or to increase stats without upgrading. Note : upgrading to better type is more expensive then upgrading stats in general.

Your hero also gains exp, and can increase stats at certain ammounts of exp. To get a 2 in any one stat it cost 1000 exp, regardless of the stat, to get a 3 (you must have a 2 already in that stat), it cost 2k, 4 (must have 3 already) 8, ect.

Your class type gains advantages as well as your race type, but suffers disadvantages also. Humans get a cut in cost, Dwarves get extra gold per win/loss/ect. Elves get a bonus to there ranged units. Ect...have to figure what class bonuses to give though lol.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 12 Sep 2006, 09:35

Why not just play Heroes online, then? :-D

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 12 Sep 2006, 09:42

Because there is a difference :). Here there is no 7 type limits, there are no 'bugs', and the heroes are diff. Anyhow it was just a thought lol. Would need buildings to buy, somebody to keep track of all this madness, cost of things, ect...would be very difficult :). That is why I would rather do the RPG thing lol pm me if you really want to do the RPG.

By the way, the RPG is a go. Got the green light. So going to put out a signup thread.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 13 Sep 2006, 00:56

good to hear Mytical, actually for the RT thread, what lead you here? Been great to have you aboard

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 13 Sep 2006, 04:55

stefan.urlus wrote:actually for the RT thread, what lead you here? Been great to have you aboard
Don't understand the question? :)

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 13 Sep 2006, 07:39

i spose i shoulda rephrased that a bit .... but now that i try to do that, the question seems a bit redundant .... so nevermind :D

Znork
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Znork » 13 Sep 2006, 08:00

i hade a thouget but i forgot it!
Its nice to be important, but its more important to be nice!

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 13 Sep 2006, 08:22

:rofl: that was random alright :).

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 13 Sep 2006, 08:24

im just wondering how he got to be a forum mascot?!!?

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 15 Sep 2006, 02:54

been awful quiet of late (doesn't help I am trying like crazy to get this rpg going huh). So what is everybody up to? :)

Return to “Campfire”