Random thoughts

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Dagoth
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Dagoth » 06 Jul 2008, 14:34

Well, bytebandit... You did rip on handicapped children in a certain way. And someone clearly voiced her offense taken by it.
Yea...
tadaaaaa!

Lord Lakely
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Lord Lakely » 06 Jul 2008, 14:52

ByteBandit wrote:Sorry for getting off your topic here, guys, but I think I've just been banned by HC. :S I got a "warning" (whatever that means) for something I posted. The post has been removed without my permission, which means censorship to me. So, I basically quit my business with them because of it. Really breaks my heart, too. ;) I guess some words that offend people are okay over other words there. You can use the "N" word there but nothing else or something like that. So if I lose my membership there, I'll give up my slot to anyone here who wants it.
I remember, I say that thread. (Here it is)

She doesn't want to ban you; she want's you to apologise, nothing more.
Getting warning isn't that bad; I once got one because I called someone "Fool!". Simply, if you insult anyone again (untill the mods forget about it) You'll get a penalty; but banned ? No. :disagree:
winterfate wrote:Case in point, there's a member in HC running around with -7 Quality Points...and hasn't been banned yet.
You mean LucJPlatenaude, right ? Is it true that be was banned here ?

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 06 Jul 2008, 15:01

Yes, it's true.

Anyway, Thor Hushovd (Norwegian dude) just won his 6th stage win in the Tour de France, after beating the field on the last 300m of the second stage. :) He's been ill, too, and is currently on Penicillin. That makes the win even more impressive.
It was quite exciting, as it was only a matter of a couple of hundred metres whether the field would catch up to the breakaways... but when they did, it was all left to the sprinters. Hushovd's team, Credit Agricole, are on the lookout for new sponsors... this win certainly doesn't hurt the effort.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 06 Jul 2008, 15:56

@ByteBandit
I wouldn't worry about that but on the other hand I do not know what exactly you posted. If it was just because of a word that was unsuitable then there is no issue at all. Pandora deals with a lot of things and tries to prevent future arguments.

Here's her quote:
Ban you? Where did that come from - I asked that you apologize to VF and refrain from using that expression. That's all, no penalty given - and no threat to ban.

As for that N word you guys are have a blast flinging about, can we quit that too?
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 06 Jul 2008, 17:03

Lord Lakely wrote: You mean LucJPlatenaude, right ? Is it true that he was banned here ?
Hmm, do you see him lurking anywhere around?
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 06 Jul 2008, 17:08

He's getting annoying again in the temple these days.
- Metathron

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 06 Jul 2008, 18:02

What's wrong with that guy anyway? He doesn't even seem to learn from his mistakes :disagree:
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

Lord Lakely
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Lord Lakely » 06 Jul 2008, 18:15

I would call him imature but, I doubt it's not up to an eighteen year old like me, to call someone at the end of his thirties, like him, immature.

But that doesn't stop me from doing it.:tongue: (jk)

And Asheera: I think he's too stubborn and frustrated to do so. Namus knows what's the reason. :tired:

Dagoth
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Dagoth » 06 Jul 2008, 19:20

I think he's too SELFISH
Yea...
tadaaaaa!

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 06 Jul 2008, 19:34

For goodness sake please no HC jokes - assuming they ever were in the first place.
- Metathron

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 06 Jul 2008, 19:43

Apparently, what I wrote was at the wrong place at the wrong time on HC. Who was to know that VF had a kid in the Special Olympics. My bad. I apologized for that one. But I learned a valuable lesson. Stay away form "The Other Side..." Byte, just post HoMM stuff and stay away from the looney stuff.

Dagoth
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Dagoth » 06 Jul 2008, 20:39

Sorry, couldn't help myself
Yea...
tadaaaaa!

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 06 Jul 2008, 21:39

Haha you are right the other side is a crazy place. Anything you say can and will be used against you ;)
- Metathron

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 06 Jul 2008, 21:47

Elvin wrote:Haha you are right the other side is a crazy place. Anything you say can and will be used against you ;)
I remember at one time they did the same thing to Fnord, but in a different situation. One of the few times I saw him fired up about something. So, no one is immune to the judgements assessed.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 06 Jul 2008, 22:49

Fnord was before my time so I never got to know him. In fact I joined HC at the beginning of the new generation so I only know the oldies from their posts.
- Metathron

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 06 Jul 2008, 23:11

Whoa, a HC gathering at CH. Unexpected. I hang around over there too... prize to whomever guesses my identity (not like it's a secret :devious: ).

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 06 Jul 2008, 23:22

Let's talk about anything except Heroes Community you 'voyeurs'!

This is worse than the spat between Mourinho and Wenger.

Nadal beat the tennis champ Federer today. Spain is on a victory kick.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 06 Jul 2008, 23:41

Great match. One pundit called it "the best Wimbledon final of all time". :)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 06 Jul 2008, 23:47

Hehe I wouldn't know...I tuned into it on lunch break and they looked pretty evenly matched. Then after a game point finished everyone started running around like crazy and they pulled a tarp over the court. Guess I missed the good stuff.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 07 Jul 2008, 00:39

Well, got a rouch weekend, with a lot of work. Glad i can actualy ENJOY my vacation that started last friday.
Today worked for the mayor and his staff, i organised a nice little BBQ!
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Return to “Campfire”