In Memoriam...

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 10 May 2011, 16:18

Emotional stage of the Giro d'Italia today, honouring the Leopard Trek team after the tragic death of Wouter Weylandt yesterday.

The whole stage was done at slow pace, with the Leopard team leading the last leg to cross the finish line alone in front of the pack. Tyler Ferrar (not from the Leopard team) was allowed to ride with the team in front, as he was Weylandt's best friend. You could hear the TV commentator's voice beginning to crack ...
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 27 May 2011, 22:04

:rip: security man Zack Allan ...

Jeff Conaway was never one of the most important members of the Babylon 5 crew (although his part grew later in the show), but whenever he was on the screen, he just did a fantastic job. One of the worst things that can happen to any TV show is that the viewers lose their ability to imagine that it's real. I typically get that feeling from bad acting, and it's usually one of the smaller (less talented) actors who is responsible for that. Having skilled actors in the smaller roles is therefore vital to realism. Jeff Conaway fulfilled this role admirably.

Oh, and yeah, he did some stuff in Grease and Taxi too, but those were rubbish, so ...
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 02 Jun 2011, 15:52

Damn, first G'Kar, now this... each year more B5 is getting further and further away...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

aaelgr
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby aaelgr » 09 Jun 2011, 11:47

Roy Skelton (a.k.a. Zippy and George from Rainbow)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-13693811
"Losing isn't learning to be lost, it's learning to know when you're lost"
Idlewild, 'The Modern Way Of Letting Go'

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 24 Jun 2011, 21:25

Peter Falk - aka. Lieutenant Columbo - died at the age of 83. I never really considered myself a fan of that detective show, but somehow I always found myself watching it whenever it came on the telly ...

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 25 Jun 2011, 12:51

Yeah, that show was brillinat.

And Murder by Death was a great film too.

Never knew he had a glass eye... now i'll have to watch for it every time i see him on TV.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 25 Jun 2011, 13:15

Kalah wrote:Peter Falk - aka. Lieutenant Columbo - died at the age of 83. I never really considered myself a fan of that detective show, but somehow I always found myself watching it whenever it came on the telly ...
If you've never seen it, try watching "The In-Laws" (the original one, not the recent remake). It's a great comedy.
Matthew Charlap -353 HoMM map reviews and counting...

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 25 Jun 2011, 17:04

They did make better detective shows back in the day, didn't they ... Now, they're all drenched in aesthetics, flashy lights, fancy words and dramatic inter-character relationships ...

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 25 Jun 2011, 22:55

Nah, the bad ones are just forgotten...

The problem nowadays is that there's 10 CSI, 10 Law and Order etc...

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 25 Jun 2011, 23:45

Yeah, it's all about the money. One hit show, and all the studios have to copy it and make spin-offs - which are never ever as good as the original.

Have you noticed nowadays how there are so many show doing a normal police show with some kind of special expert to help them ...? Either the expert is a bone expert, a writer, a psychic or something else ... but they're pretty much all the same. :disagree:

Norwegian TV is bound to keep sending Columbo for years. I will watch it every time, just because it was good.

Thank you, Peter Falk, for giving us a great character. :rip:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 26 Jun 2011, 12:21

Yeah, it's annoying, but in the end is because ppl still watch them anyway...

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 26 Jun 2011, 15:03

"People don't drink the sand because they're thirsty. They drink the sand because they don't know the difference."

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 27 Jun 2011, 11:44

At least the sand has the decency of killing them off...

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 23 Jul 2011, 18:55

Amy Winehouse just joined the 27 Club... that's why you don't do drugs kids (unless you're Jagger or Richards, who obviously sold their souls to the devil)

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 24 Jul 2011, 15:48

Yeah, that wasn't too much of a surprise, was it ...

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 24 Jul 2011, 15:55

It's surprising she lasted this long...

Man, it's always the ones that can actually sing that end up like this...

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 25 Jul 2011, 13:56

Not a week ago I saw a picture of her running over a grass camp. She was skin and bones (as usual), with that strange wild smile about her, as if she wasn't here nor there - you know, when people look at you but they are not looking at you at all. I thought that she seemed that she was about to die. Then, on Sunday morning I got the news.

I don't know what to make of it. I somewhat pity her. Otherwise, for me it doesn't change anything. I even don't know her songs, although I was told she was fairly talented.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 04 Aug 2011, 19:22

Hightower is gone ... all too soon. :sad:

aaelgr
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby aaelgr » 27 Sep 2011, 15:28

David Croft (Dad's Army, 'Allo 'Allo, Hi-De-Hi,...)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-11011664
"Losing isn't learning to be lost, it's learning to know when you're lost"
Idlewild, 'The Modern Way Of Letting Go'

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 01 Oct 2011, 11:45

A nice touch from Google on what would have been her 58th birthday ...

Return to “Campfire”