The Joke Thread

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 07 Nov 2007, 06:50

the internet is your friend

A pirate walks off his ship. He has a wooden leg, a hook for a hand, and a patch over his right eye. He sits down on a bench, and begins throwing peanuts to the seagulls. Two curious young children shyly sit down next to him and ask the pirate how he came to have a wooden leg.

The pirate replies, "Well, I was standing on the deck of me ship one day, and a wave washed me overboard. Then, a hungry shark attacked me and bit me leg off." The little boy then asks, "How did you lose your hand?"

"Many years ago, I was fighting the Navy, and one of them boys cut me hand off. Me doc couldn't find a hand, so he gave me this hook." Next, the little girl asks, "How did you lose your eye?"

"Well, I was standing watch up in the crow's nest, and just as I looked up, a lousy seagull flew over and did his business right in me eye." The children, now thoroughly confused, ask, "How did that cause you to lose your eye?"

The pirate explains, "Well, it was me first day with the hook."
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 08 Nov 2007, 02:16

A young lady came home from a date, rather sad. She told her mother, "Anthony proposed to me an hour ago." "Then why are you so sad?" her mother asked. "Because he also told me he is an atheist. Mom, he doesn't even believe there's a Hell." Her mother replied, "Marry him anyway. Between the two of us, we'll show him how wrong he is."

Ceres
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ceres » 08 Nov 2007, 03:34

Haha! I like that!

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 08 Nov 2007, 04:00

A little boy gets up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. As he passes his parent's bedroom he peeks in through the keyhole. He watches for a moment, then continues on down the hallway, saying to himself, "Boy, and she gets mad at me for sucking my thumb"

[T]osHiro
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby [T]osHiro » 08 Nov 2007, 04:17

'fess it, dude. This is another of your spam thread where you copy/paste every joke in the internet while you wait Ceres to reply. :devil: :devil: :devil:

Why not just give us the link of the site?
Round Table Olympics '07 Image

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 08 Nov 2007, 04:18

is that opposed to others who copy and paste email jokes and other jokes from the net?

Ceres
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ceres » 08 Nov 2007, 04:55

:rofl:

At least, I think me and stefan benefit with each other. :devious: Come on stefan, continue posting. And Assassin, maybe you have other jokes to post here too.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 08 Nov 2007, 05:24

good call Ceres, don't complain Afivefive, I'm just spreading the laughter

A husband and wife go visit a marriage counselor. First, the wife speaks to the counselor alone. The counselor asks, "You say you've been married 20 years, so what seems to be the problem?" The wife replies, "It's my husband -- he's driving me crazy! I'm going to leave him if he continues!" "How does he drive you crazy?" "For 20 years," she says, "he's been doing these stupid things. First, whenever we go out, he's always looking at the floor and refuses to go near anyone. It's very embarrassing."

The marriage counselor is amused, "Anything else?" "He keeps picking his nose all the time! Even in public!" "Hmm, anything else?" probes the counselor further. The wife hesitates, "whenever we're making love, he NEVER lets me be on top! Once in a while, I'd like to be in control!"

"Ah," says the counselor, "I think I'll talk to your husband now." So the wife goes out of the room and the husband enters. The counselor tells him, "Your wife says that you've been driving her crazy. She might even leave you." The husband looks shocked, "WHAT? For 20 years I've been loving and considerate and I've always given her what she wants! What could be the problem?"

The counselor explains, "She says that you've got these habits that are driving her crazy. First, you're always acting strange in public--looking at the floor and never going near anyone else." The husband looks concerned, "Oh, you don't understand! It's one of the few things my father told me to do in his deathbed and I swore I'd obey everything he said." "What did he say?"

"He said that I should never step on anyone's toes!" The counselor looks amused, "Actually, that means that you should not do anything that would cause anyone else to get angry." The husband looks sheepish, "Oh. Okay." The counselor continues, "And you keep picking your nose in public." "Well, its another thing my father specifically commanded me to do! He told me to always keep my nose clean."

The counselor looks faint, "That means that you should not indulge in any criminal activity." "Oh," says the husband looking very stupid. "And finally, she says that you never allow her to be on top during your lovemaking."

"This," says the husband seriously, "is the last thing my father commanded me to do on his deathbed and it's the most important thing." "What did he say?" The husband replies, "In his dying breath, he said. Don't screw up."

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 08 Nov 2007, 05:54

A farmer had five female pigs. Times were hard, so he decided to take them to the county fair and sell them. At the fair, he met another farmer who owned five male pigs.
After talking a bit, they decided to mate the pigs and split everything 50/50. The farmers lived sixty miles apart. So they agreed to drive thirty miles each, and find a field in which to let the pigs mate.
The first morning, the farmer with the female pigs got up at 5 a.m., loaded the pigs into the family station wagon, which was the only vehicle he had, and drove the thirty miles.
While the pigs were mating, he asked the other farmer, "How will I know if they are pregnant?"
The other farmer replied, "If they're in the grass in the morning, they're pregnant, if they're in the mud, they're not."
The next morning the pigs were rolling in the mud. So he hosed them off, loaded them into the family station wagon again and proceeded to try again.
This continued each morning for more than a week. The next morning he was too tired to get out of bed.
He called to his wife, "Honey, please look outside and tell me whether the pigs are in the mud or in the grass."

"Neither," yelled his wife, "they're in the station wagon and one of them is honking the horn."

:D :D

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 08 Nov 2007, 06:07

:D

A mother walks into her daughters room holding a condom in her hand, "I found this while cleaning your room today.... Are you sexually active?" To which the daughter replies, "No, I just lay there."

Ceres
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ceres » 08 Nov 2007, 06:10

Oh that is funny too! :rofl:

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 08 Nov 2007, 06:19

I think I'm done for today's jokes :D

Ceres
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ceres » 08 Nov 2007, 06:21

That's bad... but good too. :)

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 08 Nov 2007, 06:23

it's just to keep Afivefive happy :)

Ceres
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ceres » 08 Nov 2007, 06:29

Does it mean that he/she doesn't want to see you posting?

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 08 Nov 2007, 06:32

I think that'd be pretty true for a lot of people wouldn't you think?

Ceres
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ceres » 08 Nov 2007, 06:54

Maybe... but not for me. I think it's your right to post. :D

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 08 Nov 2007, 07:17

I know, but I'm sure that some people are annoyed/irritated or whatever by it

Ceres
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ceres » 08 Nov 2007, 07:26

Don't mind it, stefan. Human beings have different preferences. It's natural, so the best thing to do is smile. :-D

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 08 Nov 2007, 07:36

I am a smiler, not much bothers me, just making a note of the fact that I do have a lot of posts, and I'm sure it must irritate a few people

doesn't mean I'll change, for the next 8 weeks at least ;)

one more:

Two weeks ago was my 44th birthday and I wasn't feeling too hot that morning. I went down to breakfast knowing my wife would be pleasant and say "Happy Birthday" and probably have a present for me. She didn't even say "Good Morning", let alone any "Happy Birthday." I thought, "Well, that's wives for you. The children will remember. "The children came down to breakfast and didn't say a word.

When I started to the office I was feeling pretty low and despondent. As I walked into my office, my secretary, Janet said, "Good Morning, Boss, Happy Birthday." I felt a little better. Someone had remembered. I worked until noon, then Janet knocked on my door and said, "You know it is such a beautiful day outside and it is your birthday, let's go to lunch, just you and me." I said, "By George, that's the greatest thing I've heard all day. Let's go.

We went to lunch. We didn't go where we normally go. We went out into the country to a little private place. We had two martinis and enjoyed lunch tremendously. On the way back to the office, she said, "You know, it is such a beautiful day, we don't need to go back to the office, do we?" I said, "No, I guess not." She said, "Let's go to my apartment."

After arriving at her apartment she said, "Boss, if you don't mind, I think I'll go into the bedroom and slip into something more comfortable. Sure," I excitedly replied. She went into the bedroom and, in about six minutes she came out carrying a big birthday cake, followed by my wife, children and dozens of our friends. They were all singing Happy Birthday.......and there I sat on the couch.......naked.

Return to “Campfire”