hard rock, hallelujah!

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 22 May 2006, 13:59

FantoMaxJM wrote:Ps. My guess is 24 alternative bands (and it´s about time). ;)
No, France will send a love singer again. And again will grab 2 points total. :devious:

But still...

CONGRATULATIONS, FINLAND ! That was something :D

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 22 May 2006, 14:18

Yeah, well you can't blame people for not voting for her (and I know you are not :) ). The song was just average and the way she presented herself was nothing extraordinary. She didn't suck but it was a bit boring to look at... ;)
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 22 May 2006, 14:23

Milla aka. the Slayer wrote:Yeah, well you can't blame people for not voting for her (and I know you are not :) ). The song was just average and the way she presented herself was nothing extraordinary. She didn't suck but it was a bit boring to look at... ;)
Exactly what I think... every year, when I hear France's song. Last time we had a great song it was Natasha St-Pier five or six years ago and she was canadian :devious:

I suspect the french Eurovision commitee to not select any song that could win, by fear of having to organize the event the next year and having to show we have no money :D

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 22 May 2006, 14:26

I have to say that I have not noticed the French contributions in the Eurovision Contest for the past couple of years. Maybe the music needs a little umpf! A powerboost. Well, the Danish songs aren't too good either.. :D
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 22 May 2006, 15:04

Disappointing. Hasn't this been done and done better?
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 22 May 2006, 15:34

Yeah congrats to Finland :-D

And about repetive songs: Alvedansen (The elven dance) :hoo:

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 22 May 2006, 17:37

Caradoc wrote:Disappointing. Hasn't this been done and done better?
What are you referring to?
- Dragon Age Origins

lordskeleton
Pixie
Pixie
Location: Sweden (You know, polar bears, close to switzerland)

Unread postby lordskeleton » 26 May 2006, 21:42

So, will we see children of bodom or Sonata Arctica next year? I'd love to hear cannibal corpse in the eurovision :devil:
"Every enemy I've met I've annihilated!"
"Ehm.. Oh yeah?... well... eh... You fight like a cow!"

FantoMaxJM
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby FantoMaxJM » 27 May 2006, 10:18

*Heh* ;) Too bad that Sentenced split after "Funeral album" so clearly they can´t represent us next year.. :D
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
- Albert Einstein | Kiitos Lordi!

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 27 May 2006, 12:53

Heh, never followed nor cared for any mainstream music contest/happening but this years winners was impossible to not notice. They aired the song on radio the day after too. Was kinda good actually.

Heh, since our little brothers have never won before, I wonder what their reaction was like. Also wonder what their government thinks about holding the contest for the first time ^^

FantoMaxJM
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby FantoMaxJM » 27 May 2006, 15:28

Campaigner wrote:Heh, since our little brothers have never won before, I wonder what their reaction was like. Also wonder what their government thinks about holding the contest for the first time ^^
Here´s what the goverment thinks (prime minister is on right): ;)

...+ here´s the reaction (~100 000 people celebrating & achieving a new karaoke singing Guinness world record, not a difficult task to guess the song):
Last edited by FantoMaxJM on 27 May 2006, 17:44, edited 1 time in total.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 27 May 2006, 15:55

And then there's the story of that magazine printing a picture of Lordi without his mask, a couple of hundred thousand people protesting to it and the following magazine editor's apology to said musician..
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

FantoMaxJM
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby FantoMaxJM » 27 May 2006, 16:06

...not to mention the Finnish television company owning the rights of showing Eurovision song contest didn´t have 30 000€ for the pyrotechnics before the contest (it was partly paid by couple of metal magazines & individual citizens), but now suddenly they have 15 000 000€ to arrange the contest next year (how weird is that?) ;)

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 27 May 2006, 19:08

Has it been asked again in Finland: What IF Nightwish would have went with their "sleepwalker" years ago when they were close to it?

FantoMaxJM
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby FantoMaxJM » 27 May 2006, 19:30

Pitsu wrote:Has it been asked again in Finland: What IF Nightwish would have went with their "sleepwalker" years ago when they were close to it?
Bull´s eye!
Yes it has been, over and over again!!! *shaking his head in disbelief* They were #1 based on public vote, but so called "experts" decided to sent Nina Åström (ESC 2000, 18. place with equal points, quite good result for Finland actually ;) ) instead! :disagree: Well, hope this´ll be a good lesson for everyone.. :D

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 28 May 2006, 06:29

Somebody said they look like monsters from 'Buffy'. :rofl:
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 28 May 2006, 09:46

FantoMaxJM wrote:
Campaigner wrote: Image
A perfect target for terrorists, just look at that mass! :devious:

Return to “Campfire”