Heroes Community Floodprotection

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Blake
Assassin
Assassin

Heroes Community Floodprotection

Unread postby Blake » 02 Mar 2022, 06:34

Any one here have an account at Heroes Community ? and if so are you still able to post?

I've been trying to post for days and I just keep getting a white page saying this "Floodprotect active !!! 208438 seconds remaining." and the number doesn't seem to go down and then up again lol.

I can see my account is still in good standing and hasn't dropped below the default 2 red stars, never had this problem before over the years, and I haven't posted there in weeks so I'm pretty sure it's nothing I've done.

Because of this I can't ask for help on the admin forum. Am just stuck for days.. waiting..

I'm guessing that maybe they're just busy atm due to the current conflict situation and all their higher ranking members are debating and posting so much that the site is hitting a quota/limit and locking out all the lower members from posting. However if that's not the case and there's a technical glitch then I dunno what I can do if this just keeps on going for more and more days.
Last edited by Blake on 02 Mar 2022, 11:59, edited 2 times in total.
Blake's Sanctum - Heroes of Might & Magic: fan page containing pictures, vids, info, similar games & fan projects!

Pol
Admin
Admin

Re: Heroes Community Floodprotection

Unread postby Pol » 02 Mar 2022, 10:31

It does work for me normally. Can you try different browser or anonymous window? Or different network.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Blake
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Blake » 02 Mar 2022, 12:13

I can't even do a tiny reply to the thread you just posted in.. so frustrating.. I see you're 2 red stars like me so why on earth is this happening?? feels like I'm being punished for doing nothing wrong..

Switched from chrome to firefox.. no change.. tried incognito mode.. no change..

will resetting my internet connection and also try via vpn later but I fear that won't help me either..

Blake's Sanctum - Heroes of Might & Magic: fan page containing pictures, vids, info, similar games & fan projects!

Blake
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Blake » 07 Mar 2022, 08:21

the flood protection counter finally got down to zero and I was allowed to post again.. asked the mods why I'd be locked out of the site for 5 days and they said a mod can turn it on someone who's causing trouble however I hadn't actually been on the site in weeks to actually cause said trouble haha.. so it's still a mystery.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 07 Mar 2022, 10:12

There are two variants but apart Valeriy I doubt that they will told you. Either mod misclicked or it's a bug in protection system. In the second case, it can be plethora of things - connected with your IP or not.

Anyway, cool, that you are back! :)

PS This reminded me noname web provider, when you can have hosting for free. But, in case that somone report you you can complain to nothing, as with disabled account you can't reach them. Not Urban myth, such exist.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Return to “Campfire”