Sorry for being a dick a long time ago

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Sorry for being a dick a long time ago

Unread postby Campaigner » 02 Jun 2019, 16:46

If you don’t recognize me, you’re new.
If you DO recognize me, you’re probably thinking: “Oh man! THAT guy again....”

I realized by the time I left this place that I was the disruptive force that no one liked....

Back then, I was an active nationalist and I read news from nationalistic news sites which pissed me of since the news were often negative.
I then came here, reading news and threads and because I was still angry I got triggered much easier than I should have been....I realized this also when I left.
I had to stop reading those news sites cause I couldn’t go around being angry all the time....

I’m much more harmonic today. I learned to avoid trolls and disruptive people and instead focus on positive things in life.

I apologized to Angelspit like 4 years ago and planned to do it here as well but it took some years to do.
I did it now because I was trying to find a way to run Heroes II on my iPad and Celestial Heavens came up in the results so it reminded me of what I should have done years ago....

I’m not into gaming as much as I were. I focus on training now. CrossFit for the win! :)

I saw some old timers are still here. Pitsu and Pol (who took the reigns).
You were always calm and reasonable Pitsu. Main thing I remember about you :)
Panda Tar, saw you too. Bet you always wondered why I was so angry so often.

So yeah, sorry for all the anger I brought here. Didn’t see it myself....

....It’s scary how I never saw how much of an unpleasant guy I was back then....

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: Sorry for being a dick a long time ago

Unread postby gravyluvr » 07 Jun 2019, 07:22

Funny how ten years and a few beers can change a man (or a lady)
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
If I were a flower, I'd be a really big flame-throwing flower with five heads.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 07 Jun 2019, 13:09

Hi, I think that's kinda the point. News are negative to piss you.

Anyway I'm glad that you find yourself a better balance in your life. Congrats! ;)
Do you feel now fully harmonized? What about your love to H3, playing HotA, campaings. etc.. ? :P
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby wimfrits » 07 Jun 2019, 20:26

Oh man! ;)
Brave to bring this message. And great that you managed to turn your energy around.

I do remember your strong opinions and sometimes hard words. For what it's worth, I thought it brought some liveliness to the forum so was never much disturbed
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 14 Oct 2020, 18:01

I might have appeared here a bit late, but it's never too late! hohohoho
Campaigner wrote: I’m not into gaming as much as I were. I focus on training now. CrossFit for the win! :)
Yeah, fitness for life! :applause: Although I am not a CrossFit enthusiast, I always see as a good thing when people see in it a path to get themselves into motion, literally.
I saw some old timers are still here. Pitsu and Pol (who took the reigns).
You were always calm and reasonable Pitsu. Main thing I remember about you :)
Panda Tar, saw you too. Bet you always wondered why I was so angry so often.
As Wimfrits put it, sometimes people felt it might be even necessary. It would take some from their comfort zones, prompt some thinking, take some action, even if they felt a bit harsh. :D Of course, if you identified that as a bad thing back then, you must rejoice now that you have overcome most of it, and people also get over with a lot of their personal affairs also. However, it is really nice that you care. :-D

I am bipolar, and going along psychotherapy, which made wonders for me. So, I can relate to moments, a lot of them actually, when I was really unpleasant, mostly in real life to people I care and love the most. And all of that was clueless, knowing but not knowing, you know? I am generally a calm person, pretty much patient and usually mediator of conflicting situations. :drama: It's sort of instinct. Overall, I consider myself a likeable person, make friend rather easily and I am very loyal. So, the problem in bipolarity in a calm person is that it draws too many negative things and we try to contain it, but it comes a moment that we set it loose in a wave of ... dunno how to put it in words, but a wave of foul thoughts. :disagree: Although I am under therapy, I am far from cured. So I must be always on the watch for these dark thoughts. Brooding and speculation is always orbiting, which is kinda annoying. And you're right! News these days are too much focused on agenda, too many people trying to impress upon last words in a post, a pithy remark of some ilk. And a lot of hatred and easy-to-reach public trying to make the world even to everyone, whilst segregating it even more. It's messy.

Oh, not actually saying that you were bipolar or anything! :shh: Just saying that the feeling of being sometimes unpleasant with people in the past and now being able to see it, I understand that. :) And it's very good for both sides when we get to tell people that, and learn how to forgive ourselves, which is the most difficult thing to do. But you can do it. :tsup:
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 18 Oct 2020, 18:47

We forgive you. :)
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 19 Oct 2020, 23:05

Well hello HP, it's been a long time.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 24 Oct 2020, 15:56

Campaigner wrote: If you don’t recognize me, you’re new.
If you DO recognize me, you’re probably thinking: “Oh man! THAT guy again....”
No, we are thinking "Yay, another one who made my life more fun years ago!". (I know the OP is also over a year old, but since the boards are so flooded with new posts nowadays, it somehow eluded me back then).
Good wishes to all lurkers and ghosts from the past!

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 25 Oct 2020, 18:26

Howdy Jeff. :)
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Return to “Campfire”