The registration question...

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Echo
Demon
Demon

The registration question...

Unread postby Echo » 23 Nov 2017, 21:23

Guys, my friend wanted to register on the forums to write some simple topic or another. He said your anti-bot question is also an anti-user question. Does it really have to be something that requires a Google research? Seems a little silly :tongue:

Unless we missed some obvious answer given inside the question I wouldn't know the answer to it either.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Re: The registration question...

Unread postby Pol » 23 Nov 2017, 22:34

Hmm, that's because I haven't yet created a lengthy explanatory article where you could look out for the questions. Which you may need if you don't know Heroes III. a little bit ..more.

All questions are from campaigns. And all replies can be easily found here apart from one, regarding that one special dragon.

Which is not so tricky itself, though dragon is. But it's only one, really. :-D
Last edited by Pol on 23 Nov 2017, 22:41, edited 2 times in total.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Echo
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Echo » 23 Nov 2017, 22:49

See, a new user will not know where to look :P Some old ones like me won't either (cause me only visits one subforum here and me doesn't scour MM wikis nowadays).

I don't know, your site your rules of course, but it discouraged my friend from making an account in the end. He's a stubborn one and refuses to research anti-bot questions.

Perhaps it's simply a place for the more dedicated players only :)

Thanks for the response anyhow.
Last edited by Echo on 23 Nov 2017, 22:50, edited 1 time in total.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 23 Nov 2017, 23:01

The questions rotate slowly, so at later times there will be different ones.

Anyway a classic questions, like write name Robert backward and add sixtyseven can be read today by spammers and easily cracked - they have special software for it, like XRummer. The forums survived like three of such attacks until my patience run out. So the reply must be on different page.

These questions are easy to find, or recall from the memory, if you played the game.

When weighting options to have forum fully spammed within ten minutes or requiring new members to show a bit of interest. The later one wins.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Echo
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Echo » 24 Nov 2017, 00:52

Didn't know spammers are that advanced. But to be honest, as a long time HoMM3 player I'd have absolutely no clue about those questions. For a simple reason - I've played the campaigns over a decade ago and they're not something I care to repeat even though I've played the game for that decade and then some periodically :)

If you don't mind my asking, how about something more general? Like "Name the H3 town that Hydras dwell in" or "What's the strongest unit in Tower" or even "Which color starts the day?" (That last one sounds almost like entry to the Dark Brotherhood question :D "What is the color of night?)

Or would those also be easy to crack? Actually curious. I clearly underestimated the spammers.
Last edited by Echo on 24 Nov 2017, 00:53, edited 1 time in total.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 24 Nov 2017, 06:15

Thanks these are fine, though you will still find someone not knowing them. I will gladly add them to the another batch. :D
"We made it!"

Return to “Campfire”