How immigration works in your country?

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

How immigration works in your country?

Unread postby Panda Tar » 14 Jun 2017, 20:14

I'm a bit curious about how difficult and the chances someone – like me, not a refugee, so to speak – has to 'start over' in your country? My country is passing through a very complicated political moment. Corruption is rooted deep, practically everywhere. :( I am one that's about to give up hope seeing substantial changes for the better in my lifetime, so I'm mulling over my options abroad, as I already said somewhere else about moving to New Zealand.

That's just an idea. It would be interesting having other options on the corner, perhaps somewhere unexpected. :hoo: Can you guys give me some heads up, if not asking much? :please: It's so awful this feeling of powerlessness spreading every day we watch the news. :canthear:
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

jeff

Re: How immigration works in your country?

Unread postby jeff » 14 Jun 2017, 20:30

This may be a very interesting topic; let's however, keep any political vitriol out and maintain civility. I am thinking about a lot of my own country citizens; who have extreme views.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 14 Jun 2017, 20:41

Actually I don't know. There in Czech Republic (navel of the world, sounds familiar, yes?) we have many people from Russia, Ukraine & Vietnam. They are living peacefully here but our bureaucracy and internet companies make it a little bit harder for them. That is as long as you don't get a citizenship.

It's not so good with english here, let assume that like quarter of people speak english as a second language, older generations don't, though they speak russian or deutsch.

When you would be in Prague, there are many students so it's ok, in some districts near uni.

At this moment CR is sued by EU for no accepting immigrants but needs to say that they don't have any papers and also don't wish to be here, our neighborhood state is Germany, so they see us like transfer station (That's the same for all states from the former "East block"). Nevertheless if you have your papers ok (so I'm assuming) you should be safe to go. :D
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 21 Jun 2017, 21:41

Panda, what about your migration idea progress? Did you collected more tips?
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby wimfrits » 22 Jun 2017, 09:37

In the Netherlands I see more and more non-natives in pretty much all job positions. I'd say that for immigrants, chances are pretty good here. An international team is often encouraged to increase effectiveness in the international world we live in :)

Myself, I work with Indian people, Romanians, Belgians, Italians and an Iranian. Especially in the larger business districts, changes of being able to talk in Dutch to someone have decreased from 100% to say 85%.
A lot of immigrants don't even bother learning the language as they can manage well in English.
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 22 Jun 2017, 16:57

Thanks for the replies. :hug:
Pol wrote:Panda, what about your migration idea progress? Did you collected more tips?
Not much yet.

I sometimes run into those websites that offer some exotic condition to go working at another country. The last one I found for New Zealand I was a bit too late to subscribe. But I was thinking on the terms of how free are we to go to another country and start over, without these programs, per se. New Zealand appeased me the most, overall speaking, ranging from latitude, to the 'vibe' it gives away, a language I know, not too crowded, and other nuances. However, one can always find somewhere else unexpectedly.

Around here, there was this legal procedure to allow refugees, originally from Haiti (after that Earthquake disaster), and then it was extended to Syrians. But some limitations are arising regarding specially refugees now, so it seems that, for the purposes of migration and then going to work and having means to keep yourself for a while while you have no jobs, and refugees usually lack those means. I read that immigration here increased 160% the last years, both from Developed and Underdeveloped countries. Where I live, I see a lot of Haitians and many others from neighbouring countries, at least these are mostly who we can identify working and living here, because many tourists visit this city as well, specially Europeans.

Back in 2009, there was a decision which gave amnesty to any immigrant who arrived to the country until then. By then, if you married someone here, you could stay (homosexual relationship included). If you had sons here, you could stay. If you proved you would invest money in this country (starting from R$ 150,000.00, which is around US$ 47,000.00), you could stay.

There's now a law under ... what's the term, "appreciation"? Evaluation? Anyway, there's this law being evaluated since Feb of this year. It's detrimental to update our current laws, which are based on something form the 80's and still have some small parts inherited from the time Brazil were under Military Dictatorship. Aside from that, we have a very friendly policy, granting public health, for example, not immediate deporting and a number of different visas. Some countries, which are considered friendly, may even not require a visa to tourism.

There are more stuff, which I can find out later on.

Addendum: This is what would change with this new law.
  • Levels immigrants to locals regarding job rights, social rights, security, health, education.They can also have access to State jobs.
  • Humanitarian visas, which are now only for Haitians and Syrians, will cover any nationality, granting those who arrive humanitarian aid when deemed necessary.
  • Fiercer punishment by law due xenophobic, prejudice and racism to immigrants.
  • Immigrants can take a part in public protests (like those against governments) and be part of 'syndicates' (dunno which word you use to represent this in your country. In my country, there are thousands of syndicates that require small fees from participants in exchange of services, bonuses etc.).
  • Access to justice and attorneys are extended and amplified to all immigrants.
  • No criminality regarding immigration.
  • Irregular migration is not crime any more, so people will not be arrested. I really don't know what happens in that case, but I reckon irregular and 'illegal' are different things.
  • Renewed amnesty to those who are already here.
Last edited by Panda Tar on 22 Jun 2017, 17:17, edited 1 time in total.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Return to “Campfire”