This is terrible!

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Sokoro
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

This is terrible!

Unread postby Sokoro » 09 Apr 2017, 09:06

I can not login on the main page, where you can do the map search. I just registered, so that I could sort the results by rating.
When is that upgrade going to happen?
"Down for upgrade This functionality is disabled because of website upgrades. Please use the new website or check back after the migration is complete."
:S

Pol
Admin
Admin

Re: This is terrible!

Unread postby Pol » 09 Apr 2017, 11:30

Follow this link.

Map search is working as it should. Without ranking, as that was part of old site, accessible only after logging in and that is disabled.
Last edited by Pol on 09 Apr 2017, 16:19, edited 2 times in total.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

ywhtptgtfo
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby ywhtptgtfo » 08 Jun 2017, 09:08

I completely believe Pol when he says the map search is "working as it should". :applause: :)

There was a prototype developed two years ago in the early stages of the CH website upgrade. Pol decided not to integrate it with CH because it was not good enough for him. 8|

If you don't mind the occasional slowness or errors from being hosted on a low-bandwidth server, I encourage you to give it a try:
https://hommmaps.000webhostapp.com/mapDB/index.php :)
Last edited by ywhtptgtfo on 08 Jun 2017, 09:17, edited 3 times in total.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 08 Jun 2017, 10:04

ywhtptgtfo wrote:I completely believe Pol when he says the map search is "working as it should". :applause: :)
Aw, please, don't take it out of context. We still use old search. Unfortunately some functions here were tied to user login and that's disabled. So, that old form is working like always was without the features requiring log in.

That prototype was discarded and you know why. I'm certainly not going to discuss it here.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Return to “Campfire”