Any Portugese, Polish or French users here?

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Energy Q
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Any Portugese, Polish or French users here?

Unread postby Energy Q » 01 Feb 2017, 12:04

It's just that I need assistance. There are three screenshots that have the same descriptions for the same ability, in those languages. I only ask to translate just the description for "Stackable" ability.

French (cumulable): http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c ... ide|1920:*
Portugese (empilhável): http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c ... ide|1920:*
Polish (grupowalne): http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c ... ide|1920:*

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Re: Any Portugese, Polish or French users here?

Unread postby Angelspit » 01 Feb 2017, 14:46

But it's translated already. I'd be happy to help (with French), but I'm not sure what you need exactly. :)
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 01 Feb 2017, 17:36

He wants one of those translated to English, I guess.
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 01 Feb 2017, 19:05

Oh, right! I'm just couldn't imagine working the other way around I guess. :)

Here is what I could come up with:

Stackable (This creature may be deployed with another creature of the same type, which increases the size of the stack. The resulting attack, retaliation, and health equal the base value multiplied by the stack size.)

I thought there would be an official English text somewhere, but I couldn't find it.

Energy Q
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Energy Q » 02 Feb 2017, 22:49

Cheers, thanks. Yeah, there is no English translation anywhere. The images I provided here are the ones from the Steam site. That could as well be the only source of in-game images.

I guess the other two are also in a similar fashion. Do they use the exact words?

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 03 Feb 2017, 15:15

The Portuguese text appears to have the same meaning. For Polish I have absolutely no idea. :)

sparrow61
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby sparrow61 » 03 Feb 2017, 18:19

For Polish I have idea, because I am a Pole living in the USA.
The Polish text means exactly the same .

Stackable (This creature may be deployed with another creature of the same type, which increases the size of the stack. The resulting attack, retaliation, and health equal the base value multiplied by the stack size.)

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 04 Feb 2017, 16:57

Good day.

I just saw this thread. I can lend an opinion regarding Portuguese, my mother language.

The text is:
EMPILHÁVEL (Essa criatura pode ser posicionada sobre outra criatura como mesmo nome, aumentando o tamanho da pilha. O ataque, retaliação e a saúde da pilha correspondem ao valor da criatura da base mulitplicado pelo tamanho da pilha).

Although using pilha and empilhável is not really wrong, it gives the feeling of mounting one thing above the other, physically and looking-speaking, instead of giving the idea of increasing numbers whilst keeping a same look of an object. I would rework (and fix some small errors) like this:

AGRUPÁVEL (Esta criatura pode ser agrupada com outra igual, aumentando o tamanho em número da unidade agrupada. O ataque, a retaliação e a vida do grupo correspondem aos valores da criatura multiplicados pela quantidade dela no grupo).

English conversion of the current used text resembles what AS has already posted.

STACKABLE (This creature can be positioned above another creature of same name, incrasing the stack size. Attack, retaliation and health of that stack correspond to the base creature values multiplied by stack size).
Last edited by Panda Tar on 04 Feb 2017, 17:00, edited 2 times in total.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Energy Q
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Energy Q » 04 Feb 2017, 20:18

Very good. It is fortunate that all three translations "stack" each other and have the exact same meaning. I thank you all for that effort.

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 06 Feb 2017, 11:18

Heroes fans community is so awesome! After all these years it continues to amaze me! :creative:
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

Return to “Campfire”