The Most Ridiculous Announcement Ever by cjlee

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

The Most Ridiculous Announcement Ever by cjlee

Unread postby cjlee » 05 Aug 2016, 16:17

just a public note: this is my new and current account.

I have been auto logging to this site so long that I forgot my password.

And I also seem to have registered my cjlee account under an ancient email account that I no longer use and can't even remember. Entering all the email accounts that I do remember didn't get a response from the system. I have very ancient yahoo and hotmail accounts that I abandoned years ago after being overwhelmed by junk mail and I suspect cjlee was registered under one of these.

So this is the new me. No new personality here, although I am going to try and put a brave face/ positive face on my postings in future. I'm tired of saying negative things about Ubisoft. These guys are so bad, I'm sure there are already tons of people who hate them and have nothing good to say about them anyway. So in future I'm going to try and say only positive or neutral things. It could be quite an amusing challenge; being positive about Ubisoft products is like trying to write essays without using the letter E!

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Re: The Most Ridiculous Announcement Ever by cjlee

Unread postby cjlee » 05 Aug 2016, 16:19

Anyway if anyone is wondering, this announcement coincides with Microsoft's recent free upgrade to windows10 deadline because upgrading to windows10 caused me to lose some passwords...

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 05 Aug 2016, 19:17

cjlee1 wrote: I have been auto logging to this site so long that I forgot my password.
And I also seem to have registered my cjlee account under an ancient email account that I no longer use and can't even remember.
It is not at all as ridiculous or unbelievable as it may sound. Fortunately most my emails can send password recovery to another email of mine. It has happend that to recover an password for a site, I first need to recover the passwords for one or two emails that I normaly do not use anymore.
cjlee1 wrote: I'm tired of saying negative things about Ubisoft. These guys are so bad, I'm sure there are already tons of people who hate them and have nothing good to say about them anyway. So in future I'm going to try and say only positive or neutral things. It could be quite an amusing challenge; being positive about Ubisoft products is like trying to write essays without using the letter E!
You will only talk about older games, fan-made stuff and off-topic then? I think the time for feedback (even if constructive) for Ubi Might and Magic titles was over a long ago. Unless they somehow prove that they know how to use the feedback, there is no need to waste time on giving it. For fan-made H3 and H5 improvements there are currently be many positive things to say if rumors are correct.

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 05 Aug 2016, 21:22

cjlee1 wrote:this is my new and current account.
You could ask admin to change your e-mail in account information. And then you could renew your password.

That is if you could prove your identity :D
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 06 Aug 2016, 01:55

There is a way to prove your identity: tell me roughly what you said in your last PM to me. It was about a certain thread you made on the board.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby cjlee » 06 Aug 2016, 13:47

Nah guys, it's all good. No need to revive my old id. I think my last PM to Kalah was about the simple walkthroughs I was making or else a suggestion about making everyone post their OS and System Specs as part of bug reporting.

Thanks to spending thousands of hours on older versions of Heroes games, I have totally sworn off H3 and H5. As great as these games were, we really need to step into the future. And the future is one in which triple 1920x1080 monitor setups are common. No one I know will buy a monitor less than 23" and most people expect to use more than one such monitor.

I'm actually quite pleased that Limbic is trying and learning.

Despite all the (deserved) condemnation, the fact is that for them MMH7 is really HOMM1.

HOMM1 was enjoyable but not THAT great. Homm2 improved. Homm3 took all previous lessons and created the awesomest game of the 1990s.

If Limbic survives to make MMH8, they will have an experienced team that is fully aware of how ignoring fan feedback caused MMH7 to almost fail.

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 06 Aug 2016, 15:40

cjlee1 wrote: Thanks to spending thousands of hours on older versions of Heroes games, I have totally sworn off H3 and H5.
You are sworn off of HotA and H5.5? wow!
As great as these games were, we really need to step into the future. And the future is one in which triple 1920x1080 monitor setups are common. No one I know will buy a monitor less than 23" and most people expect to use more than one such monitor.
Any way for you to prove that you did not lose sanity togherther with your passwords? :|
I'm actually quite pleased that Limbic is trying and learning.
Despite all the (deserved) condemnation, the fact is that for them MMH7 is really HOMM1.
As long as Ubi is not trying or learning what kind of relevance do Limbic efforts have?

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 17 Aug 2016, 20:28

Can't THEy just modify your old user name to sometihng else, and modify this to sound like your old one?

And also, learn 2 block junk mail people... it's not that hard.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 17 Aug 2016, 20:42

I can merge accounts in a nick of time but ridiculously cjlee don't want that..
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 18 Aug 2016, 09:27

He is starting a new life of not bashing Ubisoft. Not that he has any real chance of achieving that, but man can dream, right?
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby cjlee » 19 Aug 2016, 19:56

Hi just to reply:

1) Thundertitan, spam filters were pretty crap in their early years and it is only in the last few years that you can block spam without having to constantly check your spam filter.

2) Pol, I'm happy to merge accounts. I got the wrong impression above that my old account could have been restored, but that means being restored to some email address which I no longer have. I used to have a website of my own hosted with several email addresses. When I stopped the hosting I lost the addresses of course.

3) Dalai, it is already impossible for me not to bash Ubisoft. Yesterday I downloaded over 4GBs of the 2.1 update. That's right, from 2.0 to 2.1 it is 4.3 Gigabytes.
Today I find Heroes 7 just as buggy as ever. The game crashed several times in a gaming session. Also the double-shooting/casting bug has not been fixed. All my ranged attackers shoot twice (ie elves shoot 4 times) while heroes cast twice meaning that some spells cost twice as much mana to cast for the same effect.

But still I can put a positive spin on this: thanks Ubisoft for not making an addictive game. Addictive games are bad; you only want games to be fun enough to play through without making you feel like not stopping.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 19 Aug 2016, 22:23

cjlee wrote:2) Pol, I'm happy to merge accounts. I got the wrong impression above that my old account could have been restored, but that means being restored to some email address which I no longer have. I used to have a website of my own hosted with several email addresses. When I stopped the hosting I lost the addresses of course.
Accounts were merged. If, by any chance, you step into some trouble, use contact form to reach me. ;)
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 20 Aug 2016, 20:51

cjlee wrote:But still I can put a positive spin on this: thanks Ubisoft for not making an addictive game. Addictive games are bad; you only want games to be fun enough to play through without making you feel like not stopping.
Good game is bad, bad game is good. Too orwellian for my taste. :S

Congrats on account merge. It was worth it even for avatar near your posts :)

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 13 Sep 2016, 21:51

I was starting to think cjlee1 was a bot. A very well programmed bot.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Return to “Campfire”