Report Site&Forum Bugs [since Aug'15]

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Re: Report Site&Forum Bugs [since Aug'15]

Unread postby Panda Tar » 13 Jan 2017, 17:50

Pol, when we click on a link, the page will refresh to that link. Is there a switch somewhere to flip it on to make a new tab open for clicking on links here on CH?
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 13 Jan 2017, 19:37

Panda Tar wrote:Pol, when we click on a link, the page will refresh to that link. Is there a switch somewhere to flip it on to make a new tab open for clicking on links here on CH?
Do you have some example, where it would be apt to make links open in new window?

Generally, links open in the same tab, that's default behaviour. If you wish to open link in a new window use middle button and it will happen.

That to say have some exception and in some scenarios it's indeed better to open link in a new window - if you don't wish to loose current page.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 13 Jan 2017, 20:28

Just used to some sites I have been visiting, when they open new tabs by default when clicking on their links. :D As I don't use the middle button often for clicking, I didn't know that was one of its functions. :ashamed:
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 13 Jan 2017, 21:00

:D

Well, if you have notebook without middle button, you can simulate it - as long as you have synaptic touchpad, you can add functions to touchpad corners. Left-Up is often having that predefined. :P
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 16 Jan 2017, 13:31

Nah, I use gaming mouse and keyboard with my notebook. :-D

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 18 Apr 2017, 07:42

The last chance to get old PMs back will be with phpBB 3.2 update, which is scheduled in half of this year. The problem is that phpBB 3.1 don't have official toolkit, so all messages are sitting here, just not being displayed. It seems that they need to regenerate their keys.

phpBB 3.2 is having some semi-official toolkit, very much same like phpBB 3.0, so there we should be safer.

There are two ongoing problems:
#1 - Some newly registered members have not rights to log in via main site, this happen quite rarely and randomly. So once per time I go and fix them until we will be able to solve it permanently.
#2 - If you have mail on gmail, it may happen that you will not receive registration message from us. Solution is to add us on whitelist, the registration message comes explicitly from e-mail: pol.at.celestialheavens.com

This is not our failure and it happens if someone inadvertently mark any of our messages as a spam. The board is sending many automatized messages to alert you on new PM or when there's update on a thread which you subscribed to follow.
Last edited by Pol on 18 Apr 2017, 09:04, edited 1 time in total.
"We made it!"

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 19 Apr 2017, 09:12

Pol wrote:The last chance to get old PMs back will be with phpBB 3.2 update, which is scheduled in half of this year.
That would be very nice, if they could indeed be recovered..
I'm silent in seven languages - and I got all my familys fear.
Everytime you throw dirt, you loose a little ground

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 07 May 2017, 12:53

I see there is a new sub-forum on Round Table now. However:
You do not have the required permissions to read topics within this forum.
Last edited by Avonu on 07 May 2017, 12:54, edited 1 time in total.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 07 May 2017, 13:51

I'm almost done, so let it be..
"We made it!"

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 12 Nov 2017, 22:56

Cleared quests counter, so some of you could be logged out for a moment. Sorry for this.
"We made it!"

Steven Aus
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Steven Aus » 14 Nov 2017, 08:37

I use Brave browser, a security-focused variant of Chrome, which also has the ability to allow anonymously giving BAT (a crypto utility token converted from other cryptocurrencies) to websites you use. When I have some spare cash I'm going to activate it and CH is one of the websites I will contribute to. I'm also willing to help CH additionally with some money for website costs when I have some spare funds. :)
My Life Purpose Is To Teach The World To Fish For Life. I AM Steven Russell Lynch Abundance That I AM. Empowerment And Fostering Self-Responsibility Is My Game.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 14 Nov 2017, 13:25

That's very nice of you, SA! :-D

Steven Aus
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Steven Aus » 15 Nov 2017, 09:37

I do feel that cryptocurrencies are the new money. Of course, not all of them are worth leaving money in, but as always you should use your discernment and intuition and never use money that you can't afford to lose. The average growth in cryptocurrencies is very high, and a lot higher than the stock market. Of course some cryptos do not have sound foundations, but of course there are some that do. I currently own some Bitcoin, and if you would like some information of how to get involved in cryptocurrencies, you can contact me because I have got over the early hurdles. My facebook email address is "steven.facebook@emailplus.org" and my facebook account is: https://www.facebook.com/steven.lynch.98478672

As always, it's up to you, but if you want to get involved in cryptocurrencies, I can help you get started. You don't need that much to get started either.
My Life Purpose Is To Teach The World To Fish For Life. I AM Steven Russell Lynch Abundance That I AM. Empowerment And Fostering Self-Responsibility Is My Game.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 15 Nov 2017, 18:57

That is interesting and generous at the same time but let it cut down here - as this thread serves for Forums & Site bugs only. You are of course free, to open your own thread for cryptocurrencies. ;)

I will write you PM Steven.
"We made it!"

Steven Aus
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Steven Aus » 17 Nov 2017, 22:51

Anyone can search the forum, and they will find cryptocurrencies if they search for that term. :) I'm completely for free will and human beings making their own choices. :)

Danny
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Danny » 20 Dec 2017, 12:21

Just noticed that in Walkthroughs, the second map of Order campaign of Heroes IV is missing as the second map of Chaos campaign is repeated twice (Bloody Cove - pages 189 and 268 are identical).

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 23 Dec 2017, 11:50

Hi Dany,
you are right and as that we are now looking for volunteer(s) to complete Heroes IV. - Order - Mission 2 "An Enemy's Trust". Seems that error remained there for many years.
Last edited by Pol on 23 Dec 2017, 11:50, edited 1 time in total.
"We made it!"

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 05 Apr 2018, 14:30

Pol, I haven't found our Smiley thread, so I'll ask here. Where's our DISTURBED smiley? I might have our smiley package at home, but I'm not sure. The one I'm talking about resembles the last one at bottom on the right. It was static.

Ah, and the FORCED SMILE smiley too.
Last edited by Panda Tar on 05 Apr 2018, 14:32, edited 1 time in total.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 05 Apr 2018, 15:13

This? :S

Just click on "View morew smilies" to see them all.
"We made it!"

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 05 Apr 2018, 15:24

They are not there, Pol. Wildbear had some more done and we even used them. They were named DISTURBED and FORCED SMILE. Disturbed had a giant sort of grin without grinning, huge eyes and showing teeth. Forced Smile was a guy that looked embarassed, grinned forcefully, nodded a 'yes?', then shook his head 'no?', then stopped grinning and resumed a sad-looking demeanor.

I'll try finding them tonight at home, see if I kept those files.

THIS IS the Smilies thread I was talking about. You can see that I asked this same question to Wildbear on page 2 (uh, eleven years ago...), and he posted there, but now we only have the 'image' word. Besides, you remember we had all zodiac represented as smilies? I had these files, but I'm not sure if I have them anymore.
Last edited by Panda Tar on 05 Apr 2018, 15:46, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Campfire”