Shyranis Youtube account has been terminated

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Shyranis
Assassin
Assassin

Shyranis Youtube account has been terminated

Unread postby Shyranis » 21 Feb 2014, 16:16

I don't know how this could happen so quickly.

I hear about extremists going to lengths to terminate speech that they don't agree with from Youtube but there is little to no speech in my videos to begin with.

Somebody falsely flagged 3 videos of mine as innapropriate in very short order while I was sleeping.

Axis and Allies RTS Theme Music British 1 (2004. Atari/Timegate) (Animated) 4:28 AM (5 hours ago)
Axis and Allies RTS Theme Music German 1 (2004. Atari/Timegate) (Animated) 4:29 AM (5 hours ago)
and
Deus Ex Official Trailer (2000, Eidos) 3:22 AM (6 Hours ago)
all within a short time of each other.

Somebody worked to try to terminate my account on Youtube very quickly and it seems they have. I was going to share more of my work too today :(

I cannot even log into Youtube to appeal the flags.
Youtube has terminated my account without reason.

Please express why it should be reinstated on Twitter.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 21 Feb 2014, 19:14

Follow the link in the middle.

https://support.google.com/youtube/answ ... ic=2803138

I hope you will win. Youtube is not what it used to be. :(
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Shyranis
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Shyranis » 21 Feb 2014, 19:22

All I can do is wait for them to respond to the form.
Unable to access a Google product

Please fill out this form if you believe that your access to a Google product has been suspended in error. We'll follow up with you only if we require more information or we have additional information to share.
Email address you use to sign in to your Google Account *
An email address we can use to contact you *
If you have access to the email address you use to sign in to your account, please re-enter it here

Submit* Required field
Basically I just type my email address in twice and wait for them to do something.

I wrote to them on Twitter as well. Hope they can do something.

Shyranis
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Shyranis » 21 Feb 2014, 20:53

The responded back but will not say why it was suspended.

Shyranis
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Shyranis » 21 Feb 2014, 22:55

If anybody else here has a Youtube account, maybe if you could also send an inquiry we might get a response.

Skullmane
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Skullmane » 23 Feb 2014, 09:01

Oh damn. I was just listening to some H3 tracks the other day, went to do it again today and bam, account gone. Went here first to check what's wrong.
It's a shame - try using all their help forms and whatnot.
I'd also love to contact them asking about your account, but they don't even have a direct contact email for support and I doubt I'd get any other answer than you have on indirect channels. And I don't have a Twitter account to contact them there, sorry.
But you should try and contest this - remove the flagged videos to bring the account back or something.
Good luck, your channel was really great.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 23 Feb 2014, 10:13

Maybe there was some kind of copyrights thing?
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 23 Feb 2014, 11:59

Kalah wrote:Maybe there was some kind of copyrights thing?
It's highly unlikely, maybe some copyrighted background music - if original wasn't used.

This seems like strike of automatic copyright bot. It flags videos by thousands..

An due to its speed, you cannot recall it and your account went banned.

You know, what's most likely is usually true.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 25 Feb 2014, 15:47

Youtube has bots that scan videos for any copyrighted stuff, and if you had some music from some games someone claimed as theirs to google you're out of luck. I even heard of devs getting flagged for their own games...

Ain't the DMCA great.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Shyranis
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Shyranis » 25 Feb 2014, 16:59

The thing is that from what I have read it tells you if it's a copyright complaint, and copyright complaints also let you know who is complaining.

This looks more like complaints about "offensive" or "inappropriate" content. It hides the "victims" so they can't be harassed.

Irv1n3
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Irv1n3 » 16 Mar 2014, 22:20

I just realize your account as been shut down, it's a shame, I often listen to HoMM and AoW music here :(

I hope you will be able to retrieve your account.

Xdarkon
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Xdarkon » 27 Mar 2014, 11:52

Dammit, such a shame, a lovely channel I'd go every so often to listen to some good old Heroes 3 soundtrack. (Sighs)

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 16 Feb 2015, 15:52

I just noticed this. Wow, what a terrible thing on Google's behalf... Did you ever get any sort of answer from them?

Neidhaart
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Neidhaart » 16 Feb 2015, 16:08

"I did put the fires out."
"You made them worse!"
"Worse?!... Or better?"

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 16 Feb 2015, 18:50

The music isn't the point, the animations that come with it were!

Khalbrae
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Khalbrae » 28 Apr 2015, 02:02

Thanks for supporting Shyranis on this. I'm Khalbrae.

I made the incomplete Might and Magic 1 shrine years ago.

I also did most of the editing for her town videos (which I see other people either copied into inferior quality or otherwise have not put back up).

So I'm working on restoring them on my own channel. I will upload them as well as include commentary videos on top of it. I have to recreate all of them from scratch though so I'll be asking for help on the other forums to get Heroes 4 specifically working better.

I also wonder if the Heroes 3 HD version is worth getting.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 28 Apr 2015, 07:48

I'm planning to recreate some of those myself, actually, in extended format (seamless looping for at least 15 minutes) of the 24-bit music, once I get to LP'ing the games. Hmm.

Khalbrae
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Khalbrae » 28 Apr 2015, 19:38

Wow. I ask if Heroes 3 HD is worth it and all of a sudden it goes on sale with a ton of other Might and Magic games!

I guess I'll have to start capturing true HD versions of the town screens tonight and the next few nights at this point.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 28 Apr 2015, 20:11

Khalbrae wrote:Wow. I ask if Heroes 3 HD is worth it and all of a sudden it goes on sale with a ton of other Might and Magic games!
Actually I don't think that they are worth on PC but it's matter of taste and not only. They are however suitable for tablets!

Thanks for your hint, Might and Magic humblebundle offer is splendid. Cause you can get H2&H4, MM1-6, MM:H5-6 and others. Strangely HoMM3 without HD is not in the offer.
"We made it!"

Khalbrae
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Khalbrae » 28 Apr 2015, 20:20

Pol wrote:
Khalbrae wrote:Wow. I ask if Heroes 3 HD is worth it and all of a sudden it goes on sale with a ton of other Might and Magic games!
Actually I don't think that they are worth on PC but it's matter of taste and not only. They are however suitable for tablets!

Thanks for your hint, Might and Magic humblebundle offer is splendid. Cause you can get H2&H4, MM1-6, MM:H5-6 and others. Strangely HoMM3 without HD is not in the offer.
They might add Homm 3 Complete later. I'm assuming they will also add the expansions for V and possibly Might and Magic 7-9. We'll see next week.

Edit: I may just have to get heroes 7 when it comes out.

We didn't have a good enough PC to run it and capture the town screens when VI came out. Time to make things right.

Edit2:

Looks like a big chunk of the keys are through EWW Play and not Steam.

Dark Messiah, Clash of Heroes + DLC and Heroes 3 HD are via steam. The others via UPlay.

Edit3:

Most of the UPlay games have DRM free downloads (like Heroes 2 and 4), so are still well worth it.

Edit4:

Ooops, looks like Only Heroes 2 is DRM free. Heroes 4 and V are UPlay only for some reason... Still worth it though.

Return to “Campfire”