Is it possible to find out who the player is

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
ESPK91
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Is it possible to find out who the player is

Unread postby ESPK91 » 18 Feb 2012, 16:54

I have no idea what kind of game might & magic is, but this girl that take the same train as me every morning are playing this all the time. So i wonder if there are possible to find out who she is if i figure out what she call her self on the game or something. I think she is a couple of years older than me, are goth or metalgirl and is so good looking that i'm afraid to ask her about her name.

I live in Asker, Norway so if anyone know any girls that are from here and might be able to help me i would appreciate it.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 18 Feb 2012, 17:55

The best way of achieving your goal in this case is to ask her directly. Girls like that kind of direct approach if you are polite. ;)

Why not find out some more stuff about the game (as well as the M&M series), to get a conversation started? I'm sure if you started playing Heroes III and Heroes IV, you'd love those games and you'd have a nice conversation starter. :)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

ESPK91
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ESPK91 » 18 Feb 2012, 19:09

Så du er norsk? Hun virker litt care når jeg har prøvd å snakke til henne, ikke det at jeg har kommet med noe særlig mer enn hva er det du spiller, det er virkelig kaldt i dag og slikt. dessuten er jeg bare 15 og har kommet fram til at hun hvertfall må gå på vidregående siden hun har en sekk hvor det står akademiet på som er en vidregående skole. og hun er litt out of my leauge.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 18 Feb 2012, 22:57

Several Scandinavians here. We also have a separate topic for foreign language (non-English) talk, we like to keep it there. :D

As for love-advice, girls like guys whoe behave maturely regardless of age. Being forthright and honest is mature. You'll probably have more success telling her that you think she is interesting and asking her out for a movie or something than if you try to hook up via a game. ;)

If you do want to play a game with her, ask her straight out if she would like to play some time.

Trust me, stuff like that works - if she's at all interested.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 19 Feb 2012, 00:57

No, no, no, don't listen to Kalah, stalking her is the best way to go...

Or you know, you could just try to start up a conversation about the game... even if she brushes you off, you'll get some roleplaying XP at least.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

ESPK91
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ESPK91 » 19 Feb 2012, 18:28

I'll try to ask her about her name tomorrow. One step at a time.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 21 Feb 2012, 09:24

And? Are you in jail for harassment yet?
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

ESPK91
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ESPK91 » 23 Feb 2012, 15:29

I give up. Her name was Renate, but it turns out that im about 15 years to young :P Guess i'll have to wait until i turn 30 then.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 23 Feb 2012, 16:39

Well, you could always be friends if you think she's nice. :)

ESPK91
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ESPK91 » 23 Feb 2012, 17:18

How do i approach a girl like that?

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 23 Feb 2012, 17:22

By playing the same gaaaames! :-D

See how I got us back on topic?

ESPK91
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ESPK91 » 23 Feb 2012, 17:40

I don't really play games. But she told me about some Skyrim thing some weeks ago. Is skyrim easier than might and magic?

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 23 Feb 2012, 18:33

Skyrim is very different sort of game -
it's MMORPG.

Harder than MMH6 but easier than HoMM3/4 I guess. Unluckily you wil not find many players of Skyrim between us.

As for girls, the exact sort of game is irrelevant. The important part is playing together. :D
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

ESPK91
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ESPK91 » 23 Feb 2012, 19:56

She don't even talk to me, so i guess we won't be playing together any time soon.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 23 Feb 2012, 20:49

Skyrim is not a MMORPG, it's an open-world RPG game, and a great one at that, so I'd recommend you try it, ESPK91. Try dazzling her with some mad skills and she might just come around about your age. B-)
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

ESPK91
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ESPK91 » 23 Feb 2012, 21:22

Well.. I'll give it a try. But I think that she is getting sick of me :P

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 24 Feb 2012, 14:40

ESPK91 wrote:How do i approach a girl like that?
Well first you need a rag and some chloroform...

Also, what kind of boy doesn't play video games these days... you're a disgrace to your gender.
ESPK91 wrote: Well.. I'll give it a try. But I think that she is getting sick of me.
You probably lost any chance at "I don't know what Skyrim is!"

ESPK91
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ESPK91 » 24 Feb 2012, 16:06

I assumed that she liked twilight and all that vampire stuff, since she only wear black and have red hair. Didnt work out ass well as I hoped, turns out that she hates it and prefer crappy sci-fi series from the 90's. And I tried to talk about music turns out she don't listen to bands like green day and my chemical romance but some crazy Norwegian satanic shit.
We really don't have anything in common and she don't want to talk with me, I'm always the one that starts a conversation. Today she actually switched seat.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 24 Feb 2012, 16:08

Oh well. Girls don't like pushy guys, so trying even harder might actually do things worse. I guess the only thing left is not to bother her, but to send her a smile once in a while.

ESPK91
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ESPK91 » 24 Feb 2012, 18:15

We took the same train home today, i think the fact that i took a picture of her without her knowing made everything worse. She gave me the evil eye.

Return to “Campfire”