the unproductive thoughts of a guy you've never heard of

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.

Moderators: Moderators, Celestial Heavens Staff

User avatar
Mirez
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1511
Joined: 28 Aug 2006
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Postby Mirez » Feb 22 2011, 13:15

feel free to continue this debate in the campfire
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

User avatar
Zenofex
Scout
Scout
Posts: 151
Joined: 09 Sep 2010
Location: Dark Balkans

Postby Zenofex » Feb 22 2011, 13:18

so i guess i won...

You're a funny guy, I'll give you that. Like this is some sort of competition. I guess I'm right about the part that you're desperately trying to show to the others how smart you are.
Anyway.

If we're talking about women joining the army in any capacity

We aren't. Pure combat only in this case. Anything else?

Except that rank doesn't matter when we're talking about rape of women in the army... and hazing=!rape.

Like this is relevant to what I said.

And as i said before, there are plenty of male units, like any robe wearing wizard, that would be just as unprotected, so being female matters little in that context.

Where, on the real world battlefield? What are you talking about, the peasant sword-fodder companies that are soldiers just as much as anything you pick from the road and point it to the enemy lines - "There, try to hurt them!". If so, you should be fully aware that these mobs are slaughtered en masse and run whenever they can. Are we still talking about soldiers?

You don't actually see it, do you..

What, that since I use *more* in the case of the female, then definitely have discriminative thinking? 8|

Yes, you're changing your position from "too many women" to "that nun doesn't belong on a BF" (male monk from H3 where fine i guess coz not seeing their face = armed)... so i guess i won...

No, but you may notice this only if you read some of my posts. Fat chance.

So basically, you have no problems with a female quota, since you're perfectly fine with each faction have a quota of only one female creature.

I have no idea how did you reached that conclusion, nor I want to know. It's pure nonsense in any case.

You have a problem with the fact that Ubi has decided to raise the quota from one female creature per faction to two or three female creatures per faction.

I have a problem that they are using a quota in the first place. Go to the previous page, read where I said that I won't mind an Amazon faction. Now imagine a "male quota" for them just because for some reason they want to satisfy... some audience that wants to see more males, no matter that it looks totally unfitting. How good is that?

Also, you do know that there is a difference between abuse and sexual abuse don't you? Women are far more likely to be sexually harassed and assaulted than men. And why did you even bring up homosexuals? Comparing one oppressed group with another doesn't help your case. That's like saying just because both Jews and black people are oppressed then the oppression of Jews don't count.

The women are being raped and abused everywhere but that's not discrimination but another, much older sort of crime which will not disappear if more women join the army. It's funny that I have to explain these things to a grown-up person.
As for the homosexuals, this is yet another case where I have no idea how are you connecting my words with your conclusions.
Beware Kreegans bearing gifts.

User avatar
ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 23260
Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Location: Now/here
Contact:

Postby ThunderTitan » Feb 22 2011, 14:18

BTW, you guy do realise by now that OP was a troll, right?


Zenofex wrote:
so i guess i won...

You're a funny guy, I'll give you that. Like this is some sort of competition. I guess I'm right about the part that you're desperately trying to show to the others how smart you are.
Anyway.


What, you never heard about winning an argument?!

And actually is about trying to show everyone how funny i am... not really working though it seems. LAUGH YOU BASTARDS, LAUGH!

Zenofex wrote:We aren't. Pure combat only in this case. Anything else?


Then, as pointed out before, at least in the US, women aren't allowed in combat roles, thus are discriminated against... end.


Like this is relevant to what I said.


You said men where also being raped in the army... that's not even close to being true.



Where, on the real world battlefield? What are you talking about, the peasant sword-fodder companies that are soldiers just as much as anything you pick from the road and point it to the enemy lines - "There, try to hurt them!". If so, you should be fully aware that these mobs are slaughtered en masse and run whenever they can. Are we still talking about soldiers?


No, in the game... because that's where the nun you're complaining about is.

But it works in real life too, both male or female would be easy targets under the circumstances... why are you only talking about it like it a problem with the units gender?!



What, that since I use *more* in the case of the female, then definitely have discriminative thinking? 8|


I was thinking more about the fact that you didn't even consider to not add "more" in there because of how it would look when the only difference between the two situations is what the creatures gender ended up as.

No, but you may notice this only if you read some of my posts. Fat chance.


Well you're right, you have been talking only about the nun as an example since your second post on the issue... pardon me if i didn't think you where saying the others where ok since then...




I have a problem that they are using a quota in the first place. Go to the previous page, read where I said that I won't mind an Amazon faction. Now imagine a "male quota" for them just because for some reason they want to satisfy... some audience that wants to see more males, no matter that it looks totally unfitting. How good is that?


Do you have anything except your own opinion that shows they're actually using a quota?!

Because giant female spiders, Harpies and Sphinxes are based on works that came before (Tolkien and greek myth), while female Centaur archers make plenty of sense as being light cavalry agility is the most important thing (first perfect 10 was a woman gymnast after all). Naked fairies, also traditionally female.



I have no idea how did you reached that conclusion, nor I want to know. It's pure nonsense in any case.


You know, when you're arguing with someone it's a good idea to try to figure out what the actual words you're using might sound like to someone hearing them, and not just assume that they'll perfectly translate them as exactly what you where thinking.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Image

User avatar
vicheron
Marksman
Marksman
Posts: 403
Joined: 06 Jan 2006

Postby vicheron » Feb 22 2011, 20:56

Zenofex wrote:[
Also, you do know that there is a difference between abuse and sexual abuse don't you? Women are far more likely to be sexually harassed and assaulted than men. And why did you even bring up homosexuals? Comparing one oppressed group with another doesn't help your case. That's like saying just because both Jews and black people are oppressed then the oppression of Jews don't count.

The women are being raped and abused everywhere but that's not discrimination but another, much older sort of crime which will not disappear if more women join the army. It's funny that I have to explain these things to a grown-up person.
As for the homosexuals, this is yet another case where I have no idea how are you connecting my words with your conclusions.


Here's the definition of discrimination - distinct treatment of an individual or group to their disadvantage; treatment or consideration based on class or category rather than individual merit; partiality; prejudice; bigotry.

Even if you don't consider rape to be discrimination, which is ridiculous since it actually fits in with the definition of the word, the fact that women who are raped do not get justice is discrimination.

As for how I connected your words to my conclusion, this is what you actually said:

Zenofex wrote:Yeah, lower rank male soldiers are harassed, including (homo)sexually and abused by their superiors and "seniors" as well, what's new? You think that this kind of treatment is reserved solely for women


Also, you conveniently forgot to reply to the other part of my post.

If what you say is true about Heroes 6 having a female quota then that logic has to be applied to previous games. We would have to assume that previous games have female quotas too, quotas that are simply lower than the one in Heroes 6. In fact, looking at previous Heroes games, females constitute about 10% to 15% of the creatures so there is actually a pattern. So then you don't actually have a problem with the game having a female quota, you're problem is with the fact that Ubi decided to raise the female quota.

User avatar
dark-whisperer
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 19
Joined: 30 Aug 2007
Location: Serbia

Postby dark-whisperer » Feb 24 2011, 7:31

Zenofex please stop feeding the trolls.

User avatar
ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 23260
Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Location: Now/here
Contact:

Postby ThunderTitan » Feb 24 2011, 11:19

Hey you there in the dark... stop whispering so much...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!

I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €


Image

User avatar
Zenofex
Scout
Scout
Posts: 151
Joined: 09 Sep 2010
Location: Dark Balkans

Postby Zenofex » Feb 28 2011, 9:04

What, you never heard about winning an argument?!

Yes, and you about self-conviction? ;|

Then, as pointed out before, at least in the US, women aren't allowed in combat roles, thus are discriminated against... end.

And of course I already said that this can be considered discrimination, but why bother reading what I write when you can repeat one and the same thing like a malfunctioning juke-box.

You said men where also being raped in the army... that's not even close to being true.

You mean that you hear/read this for the first time and of course this means that it's not even close to being true.

No, in the game... because that's where the nun you're complaining about is.

But it works in real life too, both male or female would be easy targets under the circumstances... why are you only talking about it like it a problem with the units gender?!

Here's one more example where you have problems with the reading (or maybe with the comprehension). Let me help you with a quote of what I said before about the rag-wearers:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think I've mentioned somewhere that I approve of these designs.


This is regarding "an old guy with a wooden staff" and a "12 year old".

I was thinking more about the fact that you didn't even consider to not add "more" in there because of how it would look when the only difference between the two situations is what the creatures gender ended up as.

Actually I considered it and added it after the consideration. You aren't good at gambling.

Well you're right, you have been talking only about the nun as an example since your second post on the issue... pardon me if i didn't think you where saying the others where ok since then...

Here's the simplest explanation I can give you:
Many women in the line-ups =/= problem
Many inappropriately placed women in the line-ups / women placed in the line-ups just for the sake of having more of them in general = problem.
You can ask for pardon from Joan of Arc, I'm not French.

Do you have anything except your own opinion that shows they're actually using a quota?!

Because giant female spiders, Harpies and Sphinxes are based on works that came before (Tolkien and greek myth), while female Centaur archers make plenty of sense as being light cavalry agility is the most important thing (first perfect 10 was a woman gymnast after all). Naked fairies, also traditionally female.

Well, if you are gonna use the pseudo-argumentation of vicheron too, let me give you a taste of your own medicine - do you have anything except your own opinion that shows they're actually not using a quota?
As for the second part - who complains against giant female spiders, harpies and sphinxes (Lamassu is not a Sphinx, mind you)? And where did you see the naked fairies? Female Centaur archer makes zero sense as a replacement for a male Centaur archer as the lower part of the body is that of a horse so the agility will be present either way.

You know, when you're arguing with someone it's a good idea to try to figure out what the actual words you're using might sound like to someone hearing them, and not just assume that they'll perfectly translate them as exactly what you where thinking.

It's none of my concern that your starting position is of people who think that I'm justifying discrimination.


Here's the definition of discrimination - distinct treatment of an individual or group to their disadvantage; treatment or consideration based on class or category rather than individual merit; partiality; prejudice; bigotry.

Even if you don't consider rape to be discrimination, which is ridiculous since it actually fits in with the definition of the word, the fact that women who are raped do not get justice is discrimination.

Look, I don't want to repeat after each sentence that we are talking about the army and only about the army and not about the many flaws of the society in general. I understand that your point can be valid only if you generalize it to the extent of almost isolating the special case that we are talking about here but it's not my problem that you can't prove your point. We are talking about the number of women in the army and their willingness to join it, OK? Raping is recognized as a crime much, MUCH before the introduction of the word "discrimination" in its modern day sense. In essence, it is very unlikely to disappear as a phenomenon no matter how hard you enforce the proper treatment of women as this is an animal feature that is encoded in the human behaviour and as such is particularly hard to root out in quite many cases - go blame the reproduction instinct and the lack of individual discipline which couldn't care less about your opinion. The quantity of women in the army have nothing to do with its appearance and will have nothing to do with its eventual disappearance.

As for how I connected your words to my conclusion, this is what you actually said:

I know what I said but its meaning is totally different from your interpretation.

If what you say is true about Heroes 6 having a female quota then that logic has to be applied to previous games. We would have to assume that previous games have female quotas too, quotas that are simply lower than the one in Heroes 6. In fact, looking at previous Heroes games, females constitute about 10% to 15% of the creatures so there is actually a pattern. So then you don't actually have a problem with the game having a female quota, you're problem is with the fact that Ubi decided to raise the female quota.

Is this what I forgot to reply to? I already did. Let's try once more. If there was such a quota before, then it was obviously not intrusive as the majority of, if not all female creatures were well-placed and I don't care if there was a quota or not. Unlike now, which makes the quota the only excuse for its results. Pretty poor at that.
Beware Kreegans bearing gifts.

User avatar
ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 23260
Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Location: Now/here
Contact:

Postby ThunderTitan » Mar 3 2011, 21:13

Uh, relevant:

Image


Zenofex wrote:And of course I already said that this can be considered discrimination, but why bother reading what I write when you can repeat one and the same thing like a malfunctioning juke-box.


So why are we arguing after you admitted that there is a problem IRL...


You mean that you hear/read this for the first time and of course this means that it's not even close to being true.



No, it simply means that some rare incidents don't count... if they did i'm sure we'd be hearing more about them from the people against allowing openly gay people to serve in the US military.


Here's one more example where you have problems with the reading (or maybe with the comprehension). Let me help you with a quote of what I said before about the rag-wearers:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think I've mentioned somewhere that I approve of these designs.


This is regarding "an old guy with a wooden staff" and a "12 year old".


Yes, i have a problem with reading... coz i'm ignoring the fact that the question was why did you single out the female unit if your problem is with all of them?

And until i get an actual answer the only logical course of action is to keep repeating the question...


See, the fact that i don't like people over all doesn't change the fact that i'm prejudiced against gypsies...

Actually I considered it and added it after the consideration. You aren't good at gambling.


Of course you did...


Here's the simplest explanation I can give you:
Many women in the line-ups =/= problem
Many inappropriately placed women in the line-ups / women placed in the line-ups just for the sake of having more of them in general = problem.
You can ask for pardon from Joan of Arc, I'm not French.


The nun is a healer unit... and as pointed out before nurses where welcomed in the army since forever...



Well, if you are gonna use the pseudo-argumentation of vicheron too, let me give you a taste of your own medicine - do you have anything except your own opinion that shows they're actually not using a quota?



I don't need to, because the burden of proof is on the guy making the claim.

I'm not making the argument that it's fine because they aren't using a quota... you are making the argument that the female units are bad because they're using a quota...

As for the second part - who complains against giant female spiders, harpies and sphinxes (Lamassu is not a Sphinx, mind you)? And where did you see the naked fairies? Female Centaur archer makes zero sense as a replacement for a male Centaur archer as the lower part of the body is that of a horse so the agility will be present either way.


The Glories are naked fairies, do pay attention.

The lamassu looks exactly like a greek sphinx, just like the cerberus only has 2 heads like Orthus.

And horses have sexual dimorphism too you know, it's not like the lower half is the same no matter what.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!

I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €


Image

User avatar
Zenofex
Scout
Scout
Posts: 151
Joined: 09 Sep 2010
Location: Dark Balkans

Postby Zenofex » Mar 5 2011, 19:02

First of all excuse me that I don't have smart-o-sarcastic pictures at hand to start my post. You'll have to do with text only.

So why are we arguing after you admitted that there is a problem IRL...

Because you are yet to prove that this has anything to do with the low number of women joining the army? Which was and I hope still is part of what we were arguing about.

No, it simply means that some rare incidents don't count... if they did i'm sure we'd be hearing more about them from the people against allowing openly gay people to serve in the US military.

Would you forget for a minute that the US are not the only country on this planet and respectively the US army is not the only army? Good. Now, aside from the amazing statement that something becomes real when you hear or read about it (where - on the news?), do you really think that men can't be abused, including sexually, in an environment where the person who has seniority over you can force you to do whatever he wants if he really wants it? The people in the army aren't famous for their intelligence, if you catch my drift.

Yes, i have a problem with reading... coz i'm ignoring the fact that the question was why did you single out the female unit if your problem is with all of them?

And until i get an actual answer the only logical course of action is to keep repeating the question...

Pretty simple - I don't.

Of course you did...

There, even you admit it. ;|

The nun is a healer unit... and as pointed out before nurses where welcomed in the army since forever...

... outside the battlefield.

I don't need to, because the burden of proof is on the guy making the claim.

I'm not making the argument that it's fine because they aren't using a quota... you are making the argument that the female units are bad because they're using a quota...

I think I already mentioned why I consider it painfully obvious that they are using a quota or something pretty similar to it. Like I said before, if you think that it's pure coincidence that the number of female creatures increases in each faction no matter whether they are actually needed or not, I have no intention to explain you what the regular human calls "obvious" and why it doesn't need written proofs with signatures and label "We did it, really!!!" Hitler didn't sign any document about the Holocaust, so it was just a coincidence, right?

The Glories are naked fairies, do pay attention.

The lamassu looks exactly like a greek sphinx, just like the cerberus only has 2 heads like Orthus.

And horses have sexual dimorphism too you know, it's not like the lower half is the same no matter what.

The Glories are no fairies at all. What the Lamassu looks like is irrelevant in this case as it's not a sphinx. And I guess you can prove that the mares are more agile than the stallions?
Beware Kreegans bearing gifts.

User avatar
ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 23260
Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Location: Now/here
Contact:

Postby ThunderTitan » Mar 6 2011, 20:00

Zenofex wrote:Because you are yet to prove that this has anything to do with the low number of women joining the army? Which was and I hope still is part of what we were arguing about.



Of course i haven't because i'm in no position to carry out a decades long test about social expectations of the role of women and how it affect their inclinations.

But i did bring out enough data for a reasonable person to admit that social causes are a likely explication for it...


Zenofex wrote:Would you forget for a minute that the US are not the only country on this planet and respectively the US army is not the only army? Good. Now, aside from the amazing statement that something becomes real when you hear or read about it (where - on the news?), do you really think that men can't be abused, including sexually, in an environment where the person who has seniority over you can force you to do whatever he wants if he really wants it? The people in the army aren't famous for their intelligence, if you catch my drift.



There's a difference between it happening and it being a wide spread problem...


Pretty simple - I don't.


Then why are we talking about females and their roles in an army instead of just the unrealistic combat clothing choices for some units? Because i seriously want to pick on the Praetorian for having way too much movement restricting armour for a spearmen... not even a heavy infantry unit like a Phalanx had that much... especially not on the legs.



The nun is a healer unit... and as pointed out before nurses where welcomed in the army since forever...

... outside the battlefield.


Yes, i'm sure soldiers where magically teleported to a hospital miles away from the bf as soon as they needed medical attention.

Seriously, there's a reason why the Geneva conventions include provisions for medical staff not being attacked. Tending to the wounded on the battlefield is pretty common, at least if you actually want to save lives.


I think I already mentioned why I consider it painfully obvious that they are using a quota or something pretty similar to it. Like I said before, if you think that it's pure coincidence that the number of female creatures increases in each faction no matter whether they are actually needed or not, I have no intention to explain you what the regular human calls "obvious" and why it doesn't need written proofs with signatures and label "We did it, really!!!" Hitler didn't sign any document about the Holocaust, so it was just a coincidence, right?



Someone needs to read a book... Hitler signed off on the final solution with no problem... or more accurately he signed off and discussed it in various documents, because there never was one single document that said "murder the inferior races in this way"...


As for obvious... that's not even an argument...

Simply putting more female units in the game and having a quota of female units to fill isn't the same... especially since the over all number of female units hasn't increased by that much since last time...


The Glories are no fairies at all. What the Lamassu looks like is irrelevant in this case as it's not a sphinx.


Teh Glories are floating/flying naked women... that's the very definition of a fairy (Disney version notwithstanding).

And the lamassu is a sphinx, because it doesn't have the body of an bull, like the original mythological creature did... the fact that it became confused with the sphinx at some point doesn't much matter.
Unless you think labelling a european style dragon as a chinese dragon makes it a chinese dragon.


And I guess you can prove that the mares are more agile than the stallions?



Well not really, but i can prove that mares where used in warfare: http://www.horsetalk.co.nz/reviews/book ... duda.shtml

And that's close enough.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!

I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €


Image

User avatar
ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 23260
Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Location: Now/here
Contact:

Postby ThunderTitan » Mar 10 2011, 17:58

Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!

I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €


Image

User avatar
Zenofex
Scout
Scout
Posts: 151
Joined: 09 Sep 2010
Location: Dark Balkans

Postby Zenofex » Mar 13 2011, 12:55

Of course i haven't because i'm in no position to carry out a decades long test about social expectations of the role of women and how it affect their inclinations.

But i did bring out enough data for a reasonable person to admit that social causes are a likely explication for it...

Well, for someone who can't bring hard evidences in defense if his position, you are pretty vocal. The data brought by you is a subject of interpretation and is also far from sufficient. The only reasonable action here will be to request (much) more data and unambiguous "field tests" - which you don't have and admit that you can not supply. So why are you still arguing?

There's a difference between it happening and it being a wide spread problem...

Yes, the difference is that "happening" is something that you haven't heard of but admit that could happen and "wide spread problem" is something that you have heard of.

Then why are we talking about females and their roles in an army instead of just the unrealistic combat clothing choices for some units? Because i seriously want to pick on the Praetorian for having way too much movement restricting armour for a spearmen... not even a heavy infantry unit like a Phalanx had that much... especially not on the legs.

Because I'll break the keys of more than one keyboard if I keep complaining about the Praetorian, etc. If you haven't read my posts here, on the HC forums and on the official forums where I complain not only about the ridiculous-looking Praetorian but also about nearly all Haven creatures and several others from the rest of the factions, then go and educate yourself. I can give you a few links if you like. Here we're talking about the ridiculously-looking females specifically.

Yes, i'm sure soldiers where magically teleported to a hospital miles away from the bf as soon as they needed medical attention.

Seriously, there's a reason why the Geneva conventions include provisions for medical staff not being attacked. Tending to the wounded on the battlefield is pretty common, at least if you actually want to save lives.

The nurses do not fight. Do you understand the difference? If they fight, there would be no provision in the Geneva convention which forbids attacking the medics. You have fighting medics, for example, in the ancient Roman army but the difference is that they were fully trained legionaries and even though they were not necessarily supplied with a standard issue heavy legionary gear, they were pretty capable of defending themselves when they had to (and as you can imagine, they were not placed on the front line). What other explanations do you need?

Someone needs to read a book...

Agreed, get to it. There are no documents where Hitler says "go slaughter them" just like most likely there are no documents where the main Ubisoft person(s) say(s) "make me at least X females for each faction".

As for obvious... that's not even an argument...

Simply putting more female units in the game and having a quota of female units to fill isn't the same... especially since the over all number of female units hasn't increased by that much since last time...

Let's see. The last time we've had 6 factions in the vanilla. One of them was clearly matriarchal. All of them had a total of 6 clearly female creatures (Rakhasa Rani, Blood Maiden, Shadow Witch, Angel, Succubus, Pixie). Now we have 5 factions for starters, none of which is dominated by females, with a total of 13 female creatures. So this is not "that much"? What is then? Making 2-3 factions entirely made of females?
As for why do I think that it's actually a quota - prove me that they really needed to change the Centaur's, the Ghost's and the Priest's gender and then eventually we'll talk. Until then ignore the obvious as much as you want, I couldn't care less.

Teh Glories are floating/flying naked women... that's the very definition of a fairy (Disney version notwithstanding).

Call them like that if you have to, what does this change?
As for the lamassu and the sphinx - they have common roots but are not one and the same creature. And this doesn't help your case either anyway.

Well not really, but i can prove that mares where used in warfare:

OK, you stated the obvious again, now how about proving that the change of the Centaur's gender is justified by the fact that the mares were used in warfare? And you talked about agility, remember?
Beware Kreegans bearing gifts.

User avatar
ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 23260
Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Location: Now/here
Contact:

Postby ThunderTitan » Apr 1 2011, 18:56

Zenofex wrote:Well, for someone who can't bring hard evidences in defense if his position, you are pretty vocal. The data brought by you is a subject of interpretation and is also far from sufficient. The only reasonable action here will be to request (much) more data and unambiguous "field tests" - which you don't have and admit that you can not supply. So why are you still arguing?


Sorry, but i'm not about to waste a day or more looking up studies on google for you...

You can easily do it yourself if you wanted, and had the time to spare.


Yes, the difference is that "happening" is something that you haven't heard of but admit that could happen and "wide spread problem" is something that you have heard of.


Remind me never to ask you for any definitions ever.


Because I'll break the keys of more than one keyboard if I keep complaining about the Praetorian, etc. If you haven't read my posts here, on the HC forums and on the official forums where I complain not only about the ridiculous-looking Praetorian but also about nearly all Haven creatures and several others from the rest of the factions, then go and educate yourself. I can give you a few links if you like. Here we're talking about the ridiculously-looking females specifically.


Well as their ridiculousness is about the same as all the other examples i don't see why there should be a thread only about them...

Heck, the lack of taking physics into account for a fight is actually way worse then any lack of testosterone to help add muscle mass faster.

The nurses do not fight. Do you understand the difference? If they fight, there would be no provision in the Geneva convention which forbids attacking the medics. You have fighting medics, for example, in the ancient Roman army but the difference is that they were fully trained legionaries and even though they were not necessarily supplied with a standard issue heavy legionary gear, they were pretty capable of defending themselves when they had to (and as you can imagine, they were not placed on the front line). What other explanations do you need?


I'm pretty sure that if we where fighting demons and all sorts of other species we'd be arming our medics (and plenty do get medals for doing their job under fire as is, they're not fighting because they're too busy healing, which would also happen with a magical healer every time in a real situation, able to attack or not, it's just that in a game the number crunching will always show times when attacking is more of an advantage), hell, if it wasn't for the Geneva Convention we'd probably be arming them without the threat of annihilation from hellspawn.


And being on the front lines doesn't mean you're charging the enemy, plenty of modern day medics have gotten medals for treating people under fire etc.

Agreed, get to it. There are no documents where Hitler says "go slaughter them" just like most likely there are no documents where the main Ubisoft person(s) say(s) "make me at least X females for each faction".


Then bringing it up was pointless... 10x.


Let's see. The last time we've had 6 factions in the vanilla. One of them was clearly matriarchal. All of them had a total of 6 clearly female creatures (Rakhasa Rani, Blood Maiden, Shadow Witch, Angel, Succubus, Pixie). Now we have 5 factions for starters, none of which is dominated by females, with a total of 13 female creatures. So this is not "that much"? What is then? Making 2-3 factions entirely made of females?


Wait, the Angel was clearly female? Clearly androgynous more like it.

And yes, H5 had a clear lack of female units... H6 having more is hardly surprising.

Oh and hint: NightMARE.

As for why do I think that it's actually a quota - prove me that they really needed to change the Centaur's, the Ghost's and the Priest's gender and then eventually we'll talk. Until then ignore the obvious as much as you want, I couldn't care less.


Changing the Ghost to a woman was as justified as changing it to a man for Heroes 5 (notice the chest lumps, heh, and the zombie is one too, forgot about that)... although judging by look i think we can blame that one on the LotR trilogy.

And in Heroes none of the male priests where ever healers...

While the Centaur was simply a gender switch with the caster in the Orc line-up...


As for the lamassu and the sphinx - they have common roots but are not one and the same creature. And this doesn't help your case either anyway.


Yes, they aren't, which is why seeing what is clearly a Sphinx being called a Lamassu is off.


OK, you stated the obvious again, now how about proving that the change of the Centaur's gender is justified by the fact that the mares were used in warfare? And you talked about agility, remember?


Well using mares in heat to distract male horses was actually a thing once upon a time: http://www.cracked.com/article_19054_6- ... ed_p2.html

Obviously that wouldn't work if you where using female horses...

And the Moors and Arabs apparently preferred mares: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warhorse#The_Middle_Ages

And as the female torso weights less then the male one the horse part would have less mass to carry...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!

I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €


Image


Return to “Campfire”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests