New discussion site proposal

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 17 Sep 2010, 18:31

Pol will have to do the commenting on the technical bits (on the quality of your suggested thing), but I am hoping we'll be able to upgrade to the latest phpBB in a not too distant future.

I don't agree on the superfluity issue, though. Having separate forums is not excessive in itself; in fact, since CH and HC are different in their layouts, you could actually say that it helps the Community. Diversity rocks. :)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

ketchua
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ketchua » 17 Sep 2010, 18:45

@kristo: See, the reason I stick to RT is because it's got a better homm 2/3 board, because it's got better mapmakers and modders for homm 2/3 present, and because it has its own map archive.

Now, I couldn't care less about HoMM6. I've had enough years of life/experience behind me to tell that there's no way I could like that game, based only on the facts that have been presented.

I lurk here, because "here" is old school. Plus, HC is really an eye-sore, I get a headache every time i try to read something.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 17 Sep 2010, 20:30

Corlagon wrote:
Kristo wrote:So why don't you think the HC people would go for this? Are there any reasons beyond (a) "we like our forum just fine thank you" and (b) "we don't want to have to talk to RT people"?
I guess not. Actually I suppose reason A is the only valid one, since I think you people are great :)
And out greatness scares them of course.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 06 Oct 2010, 22:43

I spoke to Val a very long time ago about a merge and he just just wasn't interested in running a site if there was no revenue.

And I'm fairly sure most of the members of both sites wouldn't like such a change either, sorry.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Return to “Campfire”