Run for the hills belgians, i'm a comin'...

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 27 Mar 2010, 22:54

That and MtG tournaments....
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 29 Mar 2010, 07:18

So Zam, no restaurant recommendations? Tomorrow at 9 am we have to clear out the rooms, but the plane is at night, so we have much time to kill...
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Zamolxis » 31 Mar 2010, 22:15

I guess I'm too late to help with recommendations. I wasn't online the past couple of days. Sorry man. But I wouldn't have been much help on this - I don't know about restaurants in your area and those close to where I live are decent, but probably not worth the travel.

Hope you had a good time in Belgium otherwise... :)
'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former' - Albert Einstein

'Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind' - same guy

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 01 Apr 2010, 07:14

Well the idea was that i had a plane at 20:00 but the apartment was only paid for until 9:00... so distance would have been a plus.

In the end we stopped at what i'd describe as "o cantina", and had some cauliflower and curry soup... i guess even cauliflower can be made to not suck... who knew.

All in all it was fun, but i think Kalah was right, we kinda ran out of things to do there at the end... at least we got to Gent (but who closes a museum at 16:00 on Monday? I wanted to see some torture devices dammit).

Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Zamolxis » 01 Apr 2010, 10:15

ThunderTitan wrote:...but who closes a museum at 16:00 on Monday? I wanted to see some torture devices dammit.
I hear you. In my first year in Belgium I was also like "wtf" when I was finding shops/institutions closed between 12 & 2 PM for lunch breaks, others at 4 - 5 PM for the day, others closing at 12 PM for the day on Saturdays (I mean, I wake up at 12 on Saturday... do they want me to set up the alarm clock in the week-end as well, just to catch the bank or the post open, which I also couldn't visit in the week-time because they were also then closing before I was leaving my work?)...

But yeah, there's something to keep in mind for other ppl planning to visit Belgium in the future: one can be 100% sure to find things open only between 10 & 12 in the morning Monday to Saturday, and also 2 to 4 PM Monday to Friday. For the rest, you gotta be lucky... :p
'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former' - Albert Einstein

'Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind' - same guy

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 01 Apr 2010, 13:40

Yeah, and the shops closing at 6 when everyone gets off work was weird too... wouldn't it be better to open them later so they can stay opened until later?

Return to “Campfire”