What, no Olympics-thread?

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Koni
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Koni » 22 Feb 2010, 01:26

Milla aka. the Slayer wrote:Yaaay, our female curling team actually won a match....:rolleyes:
Yeah, against German oldies. ;)

But Gold and Bronze for our biathlon girls, and now I'm waiting for the Zweierbobs boys. ;)

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 22 Feb 2010, 02:55

Canada vs USA in Hockey tonight! YES!!

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 22 Feb 2010, 11:50

Good goalie, Miller. 42 saves. USA's first Olympic win against Canada for 50 years ...
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Kristo
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Kristo » 22 Feb 2010, 11:57

That was a great game. It was like watching a Stanley Cup final, yet it was only a preliminary round game. The Canadians owned that third period - once they got out of the penalty box that is.
Peace. Love. Penguin.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 27 Feb 2010, 02:11

Just saw the Swedes beat the Canadians in women's curling. The Canadians had two "match balls" - but blew it! :loll:

Boy, did the stadium go quiet ... :D
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 27 Feb 2010, 08:20

I like that Hedda whatshername you norwegians produced. Mostly cause my mom's name's Hedda. She was really good in SkiCross or what it's called too :)
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

Kristo
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Kristo » 27 Feb 2010, 19:28

Kalah wrote:Just saw the Swedes beat the Canadians in women's curling. The Canadians had two "match balls" - but blew it! :loll:
I don't understand why the Canadian skip didn't guard with her second-to-last stone. They still had the best stone at that point. The Swedish team would have had a complicated pinball-type shot to move their stone. If they don't make it (likely) then you win without even having to throw the last one.
Peace. Love. Penguin.

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 27 Feb 2010, 21:10

Here we go again! Canada vs. USA in hockey!! This time, it's for real. Gold is on the line, baby! Noon, Sunday, my time! Yes! I really don't care who wins, just as long as it's a good game.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 27 Feb 2010, 23:08

Here we go. Norway versus Canada. This is for Olympic gold in curling for men. We're the reigning champions. Game on. :devious:

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 28 Feb 2010, 07:30

Rumor has it that a seat for the medal round of the US vs. Canada in Hockey is going for for 10,000 bucks a pop! :oex:

Sure Valla
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Sure Valla » 28 Feb 2010, 19:21

You guys get your asses kicked at Ice Skating by the Dutch (i'm dutch :D )

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 28 Feb 2010, 19:31

There's an article in the Norwegian news papers about the bill ... We've had the "is it worth it" discussion over here for some time in connection with possibly applying for the games, and now it turns out that after the party, Canada is left with a bill of a billion dollars ... That credit crunch really took its toll, obviously.

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 28 Feb 2010, 19:37

More shinies; 50 km gold :D
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 28 Feb 2010, 19:43

What is there to shine when there is mass finish in 50 km skying? The only adrenaline moments were when someone fell or messed in service box. 2 hours of pure boredom.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 28 Feb 2010, 20:03

Here's a conundrum, I hate most sports but love the Olympics. I've watched the games every afternoon and night.

Sorry, gotta go … Canada - USA Hockey game starting in a few minutes. Funny, I'm actually rooting for Canada in this one. ;|
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 28 Feb 2010, 21:05

Pitsu wrote:What is there to shine when there is mass finish in 50 km skying? The only adrenaline moments were when someone fell or messed in service box. 2 hours of pure boredom.
Was it more fun when they started separately?

And for clarity, the "shinie" was the gold medal Petter Northug just won :creative:
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 28 Feb 2010, 22:30

Yah, he finally got his individual gold.

Great hockey match on between Canada and USA. The Americans just equalized 30 seconds before the end of round 3 - after taking their goalie out. As they say: anything's good in overtime. :)

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 28 Feb 2010, 22:58

Wow! That was the most exciting Hockey Game EVER! :-D

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 28 Feb 2010, 23:05

Kalah wrote:There's an article in the Norwegian news papers about the bill ... We've had the "is it worth it" discussion over here for some time in connection with possibly applying for the games, and now it turns out that after the party, Canada is left with a bill of a billion dollars ... That credit crunch really took its toll, obviously.
Canada probably thinks it was worth it. They worried about winning a Gold Medal on home soil after such a long drought. Well they really outdid themselves. Canada won the most Gold Medals than any other country. Oh Canada!

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 28 Feb 2010, 23:12

And then, Crosby, who has been absolutely rubbish throughout the tournament, finally scored that all-important goal ... and all is forgiven. :D

Return to “Campfire”