Randomness - vol. IV

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Steven Aus
War Dancer
War Dancer

Re: Randomness - vol. IV

Unread postby Steven Aus » 14 Apr 2018, 02:33

It Is The Age of Authenticity, where Everything Not Based on Principles of Love and Caring And Taking Care of Human BE-ings Is BEing Revealed And Crumbling To Dust. :yes:

Sorry for all the capitals, but I wanted to emphasise this without shouting, or bold or italic or bigger font size. :yes: :tsup: :hug:
Last edited by Steven Aus on 14 Apr 2018, 02:34, edited 3 times in total.
My Life Purpose Is To Teach The World To Fish For Life. I AM Steven Russell Lynch Abundance That I AM. Empowerment And Fostering Self-Responsibility Is My Game.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 18 Apr 2018, 21:29

Can probably someone explain to me, what is so evil on "Kindle for PC", that it must be "region restricted"?

Worldwide is free, but in CR, it's region restricted. Good bye for zero crowns.

Specific, sigh.
Last edited by Pol on 18 Apr 2018, 21:30, edited 2 times in total.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 18 Apr 2018, 21:40

Only Kindle for PC? On your smartphone is not then?

I have never noticed anything of that kind. I bought some English titles for my Kindle, which I can both open on my smartphone or my notebook. The only thing I noticed is that it is harder to find foreign titles in my smartphone Kindle. Or, it was. Now that I settled it in English, it might now have English as default.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 19 Apr 2018, 06:27

Only "Kindle for PC" there are no restriction for "Kindle for Android"..
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 23 Apr 2018, 20:57

Mark Zuckenberg just moved all Europians user's data from Ireland to USA. So much, to extending users privacy control and making it compliant to GDPR. He don't wish to hassle.
Last edited by Pol on 23 Apr 2018, 20:57, edited 1 time in total.
"We made it!"

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 25 Apr 2018, 17:49

Although I have no Facebook anymore, I feel ever exposed by it.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 02 May 2018, 19:17

So, for a three days our family was a proud owner of small tabby cat, she was healing up bravely, after fall from scaffolding. And today, her owner called us and take her home. Fingers crossed for her! ;)
"We made it!"

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 02 May 2018, 19:33

Squee! :applause:

On a side note, our Supreme Federal Court is voting a Law to restrict privileges for accused politicians, diminishing their means to delay, slow, evade or whatever else they could to avoid being investigated and prosecuted by crimes – specially the ones related to their public position.

Until 2001, there was this situation in which only with authorization from their house (like where they primarily worked at the Government), any investigations could be prosecuted by the Court. In 2001, then, it was then lifted that restriction, allowing the Court to prosecute and then only inform the related houses of the on going process. From 1988 to 2001, due that restriction, only 6 processes were taken by the Supreme Court against important polititians. After 2001, more than 600 processes! It just shows how much work needs doing to start, very slowly, this house cleaning. Although, I'm pretty sure that really outstanding results are not going to happen in my lifetime.

On the current votation, 8 positive votes out of 10 Ministers so far. Small favors! :)

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 07 May 2018, 19:10

Pol wrote:Only "Kindle for PC" there are no restriction for "Kindle for Android"..
Ok, there are no restrictions for Kindle for Android app. - but there are restriction for books. It comes to that:

There's amazon:
amazon.com - for people living within USA
amazon.co.uk - for people living within United Kingdom
amazon.au - for aussies :D
amazon.de - for german and czech
amazon.pl - for Poland
and probably some more amazons.

However the book in paper form is shipped worldwide, the book in kindle format is shipped only within allowed countries - so I can got one in german translation, which is useless as I don't speak it or as audible in english - which is available like audible trial. So the last, is the only possibility to explore.

It's just pure pun that for electronical format there are highest restrictions.

Of course, I can cheat with address but that's not worth it.

Edit1
Cool, audible is free for one month and you also get 1 credit to get one free book of your choice.

Edit2
Not so cool. First I landed on audible.com, when they charged me for one month when showing that: "Your billing info is incorrect". With audible.de it works normally I'm already listening to my first audiobook here.
Last edited by Pol on 07 May 2018, 21:01, edited 2 times in total.
"We made it!"

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 08 May 2018, 18:17

I have never audiolistened to any book ... I always wondered how it was, if it was only 1 person reading or if there were different people reading? Or if the reading is good enough to transmit emotions? I might try someday, but I'm feeling edgy about it.
Last edited by Panda Tar on 08 May 2018, 18:17, edited 1 time in total.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 09 May 2018, 07:01

Well, it's rather bland and I'm not going for another book. I would describe it like normalised intonation, one person only.

The thing is, that where I live, in Czech Republic, the books are often read by theatre actors, who can speak by quite many voices - so it sounds authentic.

Anyway, in this exact book, I would rate under voxlibri project - where is read for free by volunteers. But to be fair, text is hard here, lots of direct speech and lot of figures in. The book of my choice was Duty - Play to Live #3.
(Also the book is somewhat worse translated and no wonder, the original is in russian and russian >> czech is more close, than russian >> english)
Last edited by Pol on 22 May 2018, 20:30, edited 1 time in total.
"We made it!"

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 09 May 2018, 17:12

My favourite singer, Loreena McKennitt, is about to release her new album on 11th May. :hail: For those who are not familiar with her, her songs are from the World Music, Folk, Irish, Celtic and Mid-Eastern repertoire, as well as traditional compositions played on her style. This new album is Original though.

Spanish Guitars and Night Plazas is one of the featured songs in it. It does sooth my mind listening to this. Calm and peaceful, with a flourish at the closure. Hope you like it. :)

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand it was released! :hoo: I'm completely addicted to the song named Manx Ayre. It's a Celtic ballad, which reminds me of a song of battles for a Strategy Game.
Last edited by Panda Tar on 11 May 2018, 15:45, edited 1 time in total.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 22 May 2018, 20:06

I do hope Amazon or someone else get The Expanse's show's rights to keep it going. It's a 100% rating sci-fi series, now ongoing its 3rd season, based on the Expanse novels (which are planned to be 9, with 7 books already released). :beg:

I just love the cast and it's so well tended and executed, very good quality. :hug: I'd hate to see it ending just when it's going to reach a climax in its plot and there's still so many things to be told! :drama: Besides, the time span of the novels allows the actors to age with it and not feel weird on the next year. Actually, from the 6th to the 7th book, 30 years have passed. :lol: It might be that they do some adjustments with the plot. Speaking of those, I liked most of the adaptations made to the TV, with very few exceptions here and there.
Last edited by Panda Tar on 22 May 2018, 20:07, edited 1 time in total.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 22 May 2018, 20:33

Unfair, another novel which I never heard of!
Thanks, added to my list :)
"We made it!"

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 22 May 2018, 20:45

I COMPLETELY SUGGEST YOU TO START READING IT RIGHT NOW!

The actress that plays Avasarala dubbed Admiral Ran in the Mass Effect Series :D

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 02 Jun 2018, 07:44

This shows, that's possible. Reddit overtake over FB position and it's now having more visits from PC as monitored by Alexa. That doesn't say anything about mobile phones but..

Congrats Reddit, good job!

If you would like to see Zombie trance under violin melody, check in on yt here - Moon Trance by Lindsey Stirling
Last edited by Pol on 02 Jun 2018, 07:47, edited 1 time in total.
"We made it!"

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 09 Jun 2018, 19:39

So far, Ubisoft will unveil new titles on Monday, EA is out already.
"We made it!"

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 12 Jun 2018, 10:40

Mein Gott, that's odd.
Ubisoft Barcelona again.
Last edited by Pol on 12 Jun 2018, 10:41, edited 2 times in total.
"We made it!"

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 12 Jun 2018, 11:50

Pol wrote:So far, Ubisoft will unveil new titles on Monday, EA is out already.
So, what's new?

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 12 Jun 2018, 15:24

Well, "For Honor" is having free giveaway till next monday (as already posted Avonu), otherwise there were announced: "The Division 2, Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey, Beyond Good & Evil 2", Trials Rising, Donkey Kong Add-On, They also introduced "Space Monkey Program" which allows you add your own art to Beyond Good & Evil 2.

And some other things. In short, no new M&M titles.

You can check yourself here:
http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2018/06/11/ever ... conference
"We made it!"

Return to “Campfire”