Randomness - vol. IV

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Pol
Admin
Admin

Re: Randomness - vol. IV

Unread postby Pol » 03 Feb 2020, 22:35

I'm still a bit cold, as in my mini workroom is small and quite a cold window. However, that doesn't meant that time stopped. I have something small prepared and it will be ready once we will get a warmer nights. We are not in Spain though. ;)
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 04 Feb 2020, 18:08

And some revelations for me.

The music Stairway to Heaven, I thought it was Nirvana's. :D
And Always in my Mind, I thought it was Pet Shop Boys'. :rolleyes:
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 07 Mar 2020, 00:13

Even after all these years, i still have the most posts...

C'mon K-Man, it's just 3k more...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 07 Mar 2020, 20:51

Ha, ha, that's a challenge. Anyway, it seems that you will be in the lead TT for some longer time. :P
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 09 Mar 2020, 19:12

Unless we all develop a group schizophrenia or something and start talking with imaginary people, it'll take a while to reach such number.
Last edited by Panda Tar on 09 Mar 2020, 19:13, edited 1 time in total.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 09 Mar 2020, 23:27

In truth it is not post count. It is the number of tiny robots that the goverment has injected into our bloodstream to control our mind.
No, I do not have schizophrenia. I am telling you as things really are and if you do not believe me, go visit your doctor...

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 10 Mar 2020, 14:17

My doctor said I am beautiful. And that I should keep cultivating those poisonous flying slugs, because they ward off Aedes aegypti, with a spurt of rainbows.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 11 Mar 2020, 09:06

How it comes that you have Aedes Aegypti in Brasil? Shouldn't they be Aedes Travellertiti? I'm curious what airlines they're using.. - they are here too. :D
"We made it!"

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 11 Mar 2020, 17:26

These damn things are everywhere. Hot weather is their forte. There are these mosquitoes in all states here. :( Four main and dangerous diseases are related to them here: dengue, zika, chikungunya and febre amarela (yellow fever). A very daunting little thing.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 11 Mar 2020, 17:35

At least you don't have coronavirus. If it's any consolation.

Scientists expect that in hot weather CV-19, will spread very slowly and won't be a problem. And in cold weather you don't have any mosqiutos. Only trouble is, that this tiny world between them, is being wiped out by climate 'polution' change.
"We made it!"

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 11 Mar 2020, 21:36

Corona has arrived here as well, but not as abundant. Not yet, at least. Some people still are traveling abroad, either way. Seems they think the risk is worth it.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 17 Mar 2020, 22:30

So, is everyone ok with this Covid-19 waddling about?

First death case in my country happened today. It was an elderly person, with diabetes and hypertension. Still next to 240 cases total. My city is currently undergoing a general preparation for the outbreak which is expected to happen next month, although preventive measures might help it not to scale as fiercely as in Italy, for example. Besides, it's summer here and the virus does not go well with heat; however air-conditioning is not really a good idea; good thing my city is windy.

Now, people are expecting a colossal collective diarrhea.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 18 Mar 2020, 11:25

Okey, is probably a strong word. Our advisers from China/Asia told us to wear masks, so we do (finally now). It's like a law. They also sold us some. Bittersweet irony included. (Especially because they are not here yet.)

We developed some shorter testing procedure, hopefully it will start spreading soon, worldwide.
"We made it!"

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 18 Mar 2020, 15:18

Here, wearing masks is not advisable.

Yesterday, there was a total emergency decree in my state. The first in the country, although we are not in a serious number of cases and far from the great cities. Still, a lot of stuff is closed, people started to panic. I think they should start transmitting soup operas on TV and change for pure coronavirus information. People now sneeze and run to the hospital.
We developed some shorter testing procedure, hopefully it will start spreading soon, worldwide.
That's good news.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 18 Mar 2020, 20:00

It's similar to Citadel Station (System Shock). Like ten people in subway wagon. Regular radio announcements to protect yourself, keep distance, sit and cover your mouth and nose. Adverts on cinema, McDonald, Museums and other super shopping goodies still running. Transportation too but all of these shops are closed. Only shops selling food (supermarkets, bakery or another packed food), electronics, textil, pharmacy and repair shops (optics, electronics, automechanic), banks and gas stations are still on.

Ghost town.
"We made it!"

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 18 Mar 2020, 20:24

Really? A lot, in fact. Government will see the impact of these first 7 days. This harsh and sudden measure was in the hope to break most of the possible immediate contagion. It could be that after these 7 or 14 days, some other establishments can reopen with some restriction; also some industries.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 18 Mar 2020, 22:13

Well, let see. Without masks it's probably not doable. In Vietnam it was the first what they did, state distributed them and it declined. But we are late, they did it immediately, we didn't. Similar, of course easier, scenario like in China.

Point is, that some can be infectious for two weeks or more without even knowing it. There's no any other evidence, they have no any temperature or pain. And mask prevent air-borne infection, together with other rules to keep distance and such. If they cannot infect others it's win-win scenario.

Another interesting thing is that those who are already ill, shouldn't use ibuprofen but medicine based on paracetamol.

Prediction here is "emergency state" for one month.
Last edited by Pol on 18 Mar 2020, 22:14, edited 1 time in total.
"We made it!"

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 18 Mar 2020, 22:45

What they are saying here about masks is those who are sick or having symptoms of Covid-19 should then wear masks.

And our Governor gave another statement not long ago saying that next month probably, we'll be overrun and we'll simply treat people. No tests anymore. It will not be containable.

Another spurt of panic, of course. Somehow it made me even relieved. What I am preoccupied is with small businesses. A lot of people will have no means to sustain themselves for too long.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 19 Mar 2020, 12:37

Yes, that's too late. Because ppl have no way how to know that they are infected. Some of them ever, they won't be ill at all. When they know, that they are, it's too late. Each of them may infect tens of other ppl.

Testing is cool, but it mostly helps in the end, to test if you are virus free. In the beginning you would need zillions of tests, it's impossible to test everyone.
Google Translate wrote:Looking at the statistics of the numbers of infected and dead people in connection with COVID-19, the Czech Republic stands out as the country with the highest number of confirmed cases without a single death.

~source seznamzpravy.cz
Last edited by Pol on 19 Mar 2020, 14:06, edited 2 times in total.
"We made it!"

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 19 Mar 2020, 18:27

Beaches here have just been decreed to be closed to the public. They were simply full of people! People are thinking they are on holidays or day-offs and gathered there. The Mayor had to decree restricted area now. People doing harm for themselves. :drama:

Return to “Campfire”