Randomness - vol. IV

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Re: Randomness - vol. IV

Unread postby Panda Tar » 02 Jun 2016, 20:51

Wheee! Recovery is going nicely. Still, some 20 days until I get to exercise again. :)
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 08 Jun 2016, 18:42

http://qteaser.com/millenials.mp4

Gotta Love the Millenias
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

overall
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby overall » 12 Jun 2016, 10:00

Sylvain Sarrailh Portfolio

oh... Mario Bros. just got bit more interesting...
i don't know am i gonna play it but sure i'm gonna look how it's gonna turn out... best Mario... Mario 2.

Concept art created for the next Mario Bros game developed by Naughty Dog studio. The game will be on the line-up of the future Nintendo NX. Shigeru Miyamoto explained that he put his favorite character in the hands of Naughty Dog to make the license darker and more mature. I am particularly proud to announce you that I was assigned with the conception of different environments in order to give a new breath to the epic and dangerous vast universe of Mushroom Kingdom. The game is called Mario Bros: The Lost World, and its first trailer will be revealed at the next Nintendo Direct by Reggie Fils-Aime.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 14 Jun 2016, 16:27

So, what do you guys like from those E3 announcements so far? God of War seemed quite amusing, and also The last Guardian and the Limbo-looking one. RE 7 ... hmm ... well it felt most like a lighter version of Evil Within, and I didn't really like it much.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 14 Jun 2016, 19:02

Yes, where is the "For Honor"? Or SS3. Really, new titles of E3 keeps me relaxing. :) But I still have my kid's dream, to get joystick once, when my kid will be older, so then something descent like or submarine racing for a fun would be appreciated.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 16 Jun 2016, 14:41

Last Saturday was Prague Museum Night as always in this part of year.

I think that it all started in 2006. When emerged an idea that museums do not sleep overnight - at least one day in year and should be open. And they are. Regularly.

All Prague is connected by Museum bus lines - which travel for free and are connecting all museums which participate in action and have free entrance.

So yo can see Botanical Garden, Aviation Museum, Czech Musem of the Music, Karel Zeman Museum, Goethe Institute and more, around total amount of fifty. Which is not possible in one trip, because it's too much for a mortal, so alike three sounds like a good measure.
"We made it!"

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 17 Jun 2016, 07:01

Have the same here in Bulgaria for several years now. Except for the buses. Find it kinda annoying and way too "commercial", as the idea of 90% of the visitors is to make selfie on themselves during "The Museum Night". :wall:

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 17 Jun 2016, 13:05

Not many museums in my country, just on some bigger and older cities. People also are more concerned about stupid football plays or funk music which could easily explode art.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 17 Jun 2016, 15:41

So, I was checking E3 2016 news. And the game which caught my attention was "Horizon: Zero Dawn". Prehistoric World in the Future. Reminds me one older sci-fi series, which I watched in the night hours years ago and don't recall the name.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5Xx3MdqdgM

Interesting advert comes also from "We Happy Few". Which is indeed ideal happy society. :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfZBQqBy3Bg

Also "For Honor" was there too and it seems that Ubi spends a lot of time to its development. And that's not the only game, where their devotion was seen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etZaAW_R7M8

It was announced or re-announced continuation of Torment, under title "Torment: Tides of Numenera". Which might be interesting but there are so scare sources about it that it is only a star ought to be..

@parcaleste

Not so much selfies maniacs here but it's really overcrowded. For some museums you may come like in noon to be sure to get in. Many, many people here - but wonderful action. Connect both streams, us locals and tourists from abroad. :)

@PandaTar
I still remember that Brazilian people are happiest in the word according some surveys. So, I guess, you have different happy events?
"We made it!"

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 17 Jun 2016, 17:57

I think the happy-thing they must refer to is the fact that we endure everything and can still smile.

overall
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby overall » 18 Jun 2016, 22:20

E3 i watch some game trailers nothing particularly interesting i'm more waiting this year's dota 2 internationals...

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 21 Jun 2016, 13:37

Yeah, I have watched Manila Major almost all games, given I had to be at home recovering from my surgery anyway. :lol: OG played very nicely. They have a very gallant playstyle.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 22 Jul 2016, 17:14

Cleaning Windows, from 8 to 10 and then back again. Time press. :pisces:
"We made it!"

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 25 Jul 2016, 13:42

Dear me, and shame (shame! shame!) started on Olympic Games already. Athlete lodgings with leaking pipes, blocket toilets, wiring exposed ... one of the countries, I think it was Australia, chose going to a hotel instead. Damn.

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 25 Jul 2016, 21:38

Well, I believe most teams have already long ago realized that 50% of them will be sick, 25% will be robbed and 5% eaten by cannibals in Rio :p A few leaking pipes... who cares?
In my personal opinion, the games need a total reformat. If a quality sport event is wanted, it cannot have the "quantity" of everything that there currently is. Or maybe I have just became old and grumpy...

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 26 Jul 2016, 01:40

But the leaking was radiation. From Jupiter. Or so I heard. :D

Now, I'll just hope people will be safe. Fool's hope, as usual. :(

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 26 Jul 2016, 09:14

Pitsu wrote:Well, I believe most teams have already long ago realized that 50% of them will be sick, 25% will be robbed and 5% eaten by cannibals in Rio :p
Those are not the only options ;) Good old kidnapping (by police!), because why not?

New Zealand jiujitsu champ Jason Lee says he was kidnapped and robbed by police in Rio

It will be even more "fun" than Sochi. I wonder, will secret service install hidden cameras in showers or will they limit themselves to living rooms and bedrooms?
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 26 Jul 2016, 13:35

Well, things started weird with everyone. The first Press team which arrived there, Germans, were robbed, completely.

Not to mention all the 'gun-point' robbery happening with many athletes here and there. Now, it's hard to tell if that's the casual thing or if they are indeed targeting Olympians, except when foreigners are very easy to tell apart from local inhabitants.

*sigh*
Tom Jobim must be having spasms in his grave watching his city like that.

Ha, damn it. Just read that Rio's major said that he was almost placing a kangaroo to jump around to make the Aussies happy. The Aussies replied back that they didn't need kangaroos but plumbers to fix the leaks which created lakes within the lodgings. Our politicians are always trying to sound so fun...

Zika, anyone? Oh, and did they mention that they found superbacteria where they are supposed to compete on water? I hope police men won't mistake runners of athleticism and shoot them thinking they are robbers. :canthear:

overall
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby overall » 04 Sep 2016, 16:25

hmm... i was checking what Baginski has done lately and he has done game trailer "For Honor" game.
Well i don't know did he do shit but least directed it... Ok looking trailer clearly tells what's this game is all about actually i was hoping to see Baginski do some Heroes trailer... but no...
"For Honor" good looking game kind of light version on Dark Souls pvp looks interesting i hope its bit more rewarding than Darks Souls pvp...
and its a Ubisoft game so its bit like get excited with caution... but never knows if Gypsies sell this with cheap price i just might get it!...
Should be out in February 14. 2017.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 13 Sep 2016, 21:46

Have been watching the Paralympic Games. It's always a wonderful experience. I reckon they should play in the same event as the Olympic Games, given that they are not to be matched, but complementary amongst themselves. So many WR being broken this time! China is leading the medal list, followed by Great Britain, Ukraine, USA and Brazil (YAY).

1500 meters, dunno which category, had the four first places with better time than Olympic gold medal! :-D

Return to “Campfire”