Randomness - vol. IV

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 26 Sep 2014, 14:40

:hug:
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 26 Sep 2014, 14:51

Thank you. :tsup:

It's being a really rough September.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 27 Sep 2014, 23:58

Maybe you need more "luvvin". ;)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 28 Sep 2014, 00:19

Next week I'll see if I can solve most of these awful things I need fixing.

Perhaps, meanwhile I'll play Dota 2 to make my September even rougher. :lol:
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 28 Sep 2014, 00:35

Good idea. :)

overall
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby overall » 28 Sep 2014, 06:07

[img]http://s11.postimg.org/e7r2z21cz/3456789.jpg[/img]
ohhhh... i have some serious hangover.... pol... polllll!!!.... i need to borrow your helmet i heard its has magical powers that clears hangover instantly x) i just wish that pol would be here comforting me as same time im throwing up on toilet... WHERE THE HELL IS POL WHEN YOU REALLY HIM!!! x)

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 02 Oct 2014, 02:50

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 15 Oct 2014, 03:56

Ahhhh...getting myself ready to celebrate the 32th birthday on November 2nd. :-D

Grabbed 8 friends to go with me make a tour in a neighbouring city called Balneário Camboriú, quite beautiful, maybe a little crowded. Then we were thinking on going to the Theme Park Beto Carrero (our Disneyland of sorts...), given that I don't know the place yet and it will be free of charge due my birthday (SQUEE!).

Then, getting back to Balneário to meet my sister who came from Peru with a bunch of kids from her church. Then, maybe hit the movies or some bowling.

I'm so happy my friends are coming! I was hoping to make a more selective and reserved day, instead of all the many-people party we always throw, celebrating many birthdays at once, which gives away an ordinary aura of lack of importance. :D

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 15 Oct 2014, 13:14

Awesome. :)

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 16 Oct 2014, 05:18

I was rewatching The Fight Club.

Oh, boy, I laugh at the same lines, every time. That's such a fine movie. Then I realized it's been 15 years since its release. 1999, same year of Matrix.

This is one of those movies I enjoy rewatching, grasping new details each time. I'm still going to read the book, as I think it's been based on a novel, iirc.

Tomorrow I'll watch Inception again, decide which conclusion I'll have this time. I remember going to the movies without knowing which movies were in display. Then I looked at the poster entitled "A Origem" ('The Origin' or 'The Beginning' in translation of 'Inception') and asked what that movie was about, not knowing I was about to watch one of the movies I liked the most in my life. I remember almost going watching Angelina Jolie's "Salt" instead, because it was the only one I had heard about.

Then, few years later, another movie hit high my expectations: Untouchables, that French movie based on real events. So much fun, and a touching story, not that heavy dull drama. A great deal of humor mixed with lessons of life and relationship being built from where we least expect.

I hope another great movie is coming this way. Funny thing is that it might be one that I least know about. :D

Anyway, waiting for new Nolan's movie to be launched soon. I love Sci-fi movies. B-)

overall
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby overall » 19 Oct 2014, 22:22

Well if you really haven't seen Edge of Tomorrow yet watch that maybe Tom Cruise best sci fi movie this far... its kind of nice that Tom Cruise likes to do this sci fi movies usually they been kind of average well made but nothing very special... but this Edge of Tomorrow was really good or did it have name at all x) well... live die and repeat would been good as well... this movie had some very realistic and believable things in it... maybe references to gaming word were bit clicheish but i didnt really mind... {{{spoilers}}} don't read this => time jumping in this movie was kind of believable but that thing that everything allways happen sameway was bit questionable like if you manage hold that chopper 2 seconds before it takes off so then that missile wouldn't never hit it and they might land it safely etc things like that... in that new X-Men Days of Future Past had this kind of time jumping too and actually it was very good took me few minutes to figure out how it all work at end and it was believable but in all in all movies don't need to be so precise...
i liked exoskeletons in this movie lets just say that were better than Elysium... aliens were bit like enemy unknown not much personality on those but were nicely made and i kinda like that when they moved high speed bit like on that Man of Steel when they fight on that town street and move Tekkenish way i think it was very fitting this "Supermans"... Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt were nice couple in this movie both bit emotional coldness and ending was nice i like if movies have some kind of ending all movies dont have happy ending but ending still.... hmmm... something what i would like to know this movie like how many times he died months? years? and when he dies at end did he get back that jumping skill? but anyways very good movie recomet to watch.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NEEDforSEAT... yes... actually i would need new seat cos i finally manage broke my old one i was thinking to get one thes NEEDforSEAT or Wilkhahn but i bit skeptic with this NEEDforSEATS how durable this are? they seem to have lots of moving parts what might go broke over time... and lets just say with that price tag i would want this chair to last least 5 years... my old chair was one this wilkhahns and it lasted over 15 years but something broke its back and i couldn't lean it anymore... i liked spring mechanism in this Wilkhahn chairs is very nice you can lean it full weight and it pushes you allways bit back and when you jump out of it it goes back to basic form... but i could try this gaming chairs if anyone got this NEEDforSEATS how durable this are? or if know good chair to recoment im more than happy hear...

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 20 Oct 2014, 00:23

Edge of Tomorrow? Thanks for the suggestion. In fact, I haven't heard about that movie.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 13 Nov 2014, 08:28

New title from Andrej Sapkowski, Sezon burz, in english it should be "Season of Storms"

According rumours spreading by internet this book is return to the roots of Sapkowski fantasy, less literal bubble soap more thorough storyline and twists.

So they say, book will be released in CR officialy tomorrow, maybe someone from Poland?
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 15 Nov 2014, 12:17

Watching the chess match. #carlsenanand

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 16 Nov 2014, 03:22

You actually watch chess matches? *edging away from Kalah slowly*

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 18 Nov 2014, 22:10

Well, since it's Carlsen and it gets pretty heavy coverage here, yes. I watch it in the same way I watch the Tour de France and other long-lasting events; the TV is on while I do other things. Then I pay closer attention when something happens.

Right now it's 23:10 here, I have finished grading my students' tests and so I feel I deserve some gaming. :-D

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 26 Nov 2014, 10:19

Just had some fun with my students. :devious:

We're doing experiments with measuring radioactivity with a Geiger counter and we have three different sources; alfa, beta and gamma radiation. Needless to say, the sources are quite weak. I didn't tell them that, though. ;)

When I took out the gamma source, I used a big, heavy glove to take it out of the box. I handled it very gently as if it was highly dangerous. Then I suddenly threw it over to a student and said: "Here, catch." :D

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 26 Nov 2014, 13:22

Let me guess responce from them: "Hulk SMASH!"? :P

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 26 Nov 2014, 13:23

Nah, they were just surprised, before they got the joke. ;)

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 26 Nov 2014, 13:30

They laughed until their bodies melted, don't lie, Kalah. :devious:

Return to “Campfire”