Happy Independence Day Finland

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 06 Dec 2011, 18:25

Huzzah! And I read today that Vladimir Zhirinovsky no longer thinks Russia should annex Finland, that's another bit of good news. Well maybe not news, but I can't be expected to be up to date on Finnish-crazy Russian politician relations every day.

Good luck with the EU ;)
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Finland 95 Years

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 06 Dec 2012, 20:25

Yes, Happy Independence Day Finland!!

Today is the 95th Anniversary of Finnish Independence.

The republic of Finland was born in December 6th 1917 out of the wreckage that was the dead and soon to buried Russian Empire. My fellow patriots fought hard the following spring in the bitter Finnish Civil War in order to drive out the Red Russians and their Finnish lackeys in order to lay down the cornerstone of the modern western style democracy Finland is today.

*It should be noted here that Finland did flirt with the idea of establishing a monarchy led by an Imperial German prince but that plan fell through due to German defeat in the Great War in November 1918. The State of Finland received its Republican Constitution in July 1919 which in turn gave way to the current, amended version in the year 2000.

Much to my dismay the current (Since March 1st 2012) President of the Republic is a long time pro-Nato and pro-EU right wing ex-lawyer from the elitist-commercial-big industry leaning party known as the National Coalition Party. Sauli Niinistö, the President of the Republic is more or less actively pushing Finland faster & deeper into the Nato zone and ever more so fully integrated into the United States of Europe, quite rightfully labelled "The Soviet Union of today" by the anti-EU Finnish MPs.

As you can see, I am most unhappy with the way political climate here in Finland has changed the last couple of years. And not only is the President pro-EU but so is the current Prime Minister (from the President's party, no less!) and the Foreign Minister, too. It seems that everything's about to go all down the drain now.

Oh well. Once more, I wish you a most happy Independence Day Finland, my beloved home country. May the EU be cursed forever for trying to strangle you with its lies and those no-good lackeys of big corporations who pose as "patriotic" and "good people representing national interests" both in Helsinki and there in Brussels, too.

Yurian Stonebow

Finnish patriot and fighter for true representative democracy,
anti-EU and anti-globalization activist
Don't worry if things are going badly today. They will be much worse tomorrow.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 06 Dec 2012, 20:41

Happy happy, etc. Now where's that bottle of Koskenkorva ...
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

ywhtptgtfo
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby ywhtptgtfo » 01 Dec 2013, 16:08

It is with a heavy heart to announce that there will be no more independence day for Finland this year, since it is now a part of Sweden once more as it (and Norway) always should've been.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 01 Dec 2013, 18:48

*waits for Yurian to show up with pitchfork and chainsaw* :D
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 01 Dec 2013, 19:56

I just want to say that I in no way have written, influenced, encouraged, previewed or seen ywhtptgtfo's message before now.

Whether I approve of it is another matter.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 01 Dec 2013, 20:21

ywhtptgtfo wrote:It is with a heavy heart to announce that there will be no more independence day for Finland this year, since it is now a part of Sweden once more as it (and Norway) always should've been.
Nah, the day is very near when all the estonians who have migrated into Finland disguised as workers and proffessionals will rise their voice and though this seemingly peaceful action Finland will become a part of the Estonian Empire.

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Happy 97th Anniversary!

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 06 Dec 2014, 19:02

Yes, it's once more that time of the year at hand.
Happy 97th Independence Day Finland!! :)

Kippis, Skål and Cheers everyone!
*pours a celebratory drink*

@:ywhtptgtfo

Finland and Sweden did walk towards a common destiny for more than 650 years, the memory of which I believe still lives on in the two halves of the former Swedish Empire. The Heads of State of Finland and Sweden celebrated together the Bicennetial of the year 1809 just a short 5 years ago. My bilingual mother (from a Fenno-Swede family, no less!) even bought me a book about the events of 1809 which was jointly published by the National Museum of Finland and its Swedish counterpart.

As for Norway, I think it's better to ask the Danes about it first...

@:Pitsu

The day is very near when the Russian Empire is reborn and we both better pray that we have the strength to resist the invasion when it arrives.
I think we Finns could use more than double the amount of the 100,000 Estonians currently living in Finland to help us defend the country when the Bear from the East comes to claim back that which once was his.

@everyone

Last year's Finnish Independence Day celebration here on CH was cancelled because of me getting hard hit by pneumonia which forced me to stay in bed for almost 20 days. One can't do much with a 39,5 C fever and a near-constant coughing troubling him.

And let us not forget: Down with the United States of Europe!

-Yurian

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 07 Dec 2014, 23:35

We don't really celebrate our independence day much here. Instead, we celebrate our Constitutional day, since that was the basis for our decleration of independence some 90 years later. Rather than going to an all-out war of independence, our parliament simply declared that since the Swedish king had ceased to function as Norwegian king in the way the Constitution says he should, he was no longer our king. We gave him the boot. ;)

ywhtptgtfo
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby ywhtptgtfo » 03 Jan 2015, 17:21

Kalah wrote:We don't really celebrate our independence day much here. Instead, we celebrate our Constitutional day, since that was the basis for our decleration of independence some 90 years later. Rather than going to an all-out war of independence, our parliament simply declared that since the Swedish king had ceased to function as Norwegian king in the way the Constitution says he should, he was no longer our king. We gave him the boot. ;)
To celebrate the loving Scandinavian history:

... and don't forget your Viking heritage before Christianity turned your badass ancestors into pussies!

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Re: Happy Independence Day Finland

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 06 Dec 2015, 18:07

Hurrah! Today it's time to celebrate independent Finland's 98th Anniversary! The TV's on and they're now live broadcasting the President's Independence Day reception gala from the Presidential Palace in downtown Helsinki. A joyful moment for us Finns. I'm celebrating the national holiday by toasting to the continuing well-being of my beloved home country. May you flourish for centuries in peace and harmony without unneeded further "guidance" from a "sui generis" evil foreign organization, which I despise enough to not name it outright.

Speaking of that "sui generis" organization, I hereby make a solemn promise to burn its flag on the 100th anniversary of the Republic of Finland.

Happy Independence Day Finland! Kippis, skål and cheers! :)

-Yurian

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 06 Dec 2016, 19:47

Hello everyone

It's that time of the year again and this Finn here is already quite enjoying the (99th) Finnish Independence Day with fine beer in his hand and feeling proud of the people hosting and saluting the flag all around in his neighbourhood. What a merry sight it is indeed. :)

With festative greetings,

Yurian

P.S

And of course, Down with the United States of Europe!

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 06 Dec 2017, 18:04

It is the day. And been so for 100 years now!

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 06 Dec 2017, 22:27

Hooray for Finland! Hope you have also at least 360+ mini breweries like in here, cheers!! :D
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Return to “Campfire”