The Photo Thread

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Mithras
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Mithras » 01 Feb 2007, 15:47

vulnevia wrote:(no, I won't show it on me)
Why not ?

Your fanclub could even beat Milla's :D

(especially that cute nosey thing :devious: )
It's only Rock 'n Roll (but I like it)
Proud bearer of the caladont-nerd plaque

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 12 Feb 2007, 03:56

to echo panda .... yeah you did, and I believe you even mentioned how the time that you did wear it, it was a challenge to keep the bits covered that you wanted to keep covered .... :D I can imagine .... ;)
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

ScarlettP
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby ScarlettP » 13 Feb 2007, 02:07

Ah! Finally! The boards are back. I can post pictures from our "Snow Day."

Now, all you damned Yankees and Vikings may find it amusing to know that THIS is enough snow to close the schools and lay out of work with the excuse "I live on a hill and can't get out."

All the pics are here:

http://s34.photobucket.com/albums/d136/ ... wDay%2007/

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 13 Feb 2007, 02:13

yeah, that looks good enough an excuse to me, but having seen some of the images that our european cousins share, it pales

but then we don't get no snow over here, the only reason we can get out of work is if the airconditioning fails and it's over about 37 degrees inside :(
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

ScarlettP
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby ScarlettP » 13 Feb 2007, 02:32

:D

Yep. Ethric once sent me a picture of his dorm/apartment building in the winter. The entire first floor was covered in snow. They had little paths plowed out so the students could get to classes. I figured Angelspit (Canada) and Ethric & Kalah (Norway) would get a kick out of our 'dusting' of snow.

Vlad976

Unread postby Vlad976 » 13 Feb 2007, 04:22

Well, around Here we're supposed to get around 8 inches tomorrow and then some more later this week. Now all I need is a target to throw some at.
Simmons: I think you’re asking me if these computers store all the data on Red and Blue armies?
Sarge: Control Alt Bingo.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 13 Feb 2007, 09:10

I guess if I moved to the US, I'd show up for work and wonder where all the other guys are only to find they're stuck at home: "I couldn't get out the door, there was a three-inch layer of snow blocking it."

Tell me when you reach the metre mark, and we'll talk some more. :)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 13 Feb 2007, 10:50

*tears falling* :cry:

I wanna touch snow! :cry: The nearer I can get to it is within my freezer.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

ScarlettP
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby ScarlettP » 13 Feb 2007, 12:57

Tar, it's cold.

But it IS beautiful. The fact that we get so little of it makes it special in the Southern States. The folks 'up North' hate the stuff. But they have to get out with shovels and clear off thier driveways to get their cars out.

The reason we get to call in when there is just a little snow is the fact that our city doesn't have the proper equipment to REMOVE the snow. The city can put scraper blades on the front of sand/salt trucks so they can push the stuff away and then try to melt the rest... but we only have enough trucks to clear the main roads, not the side streets. On top of that, Chattanooga is very hilly... so people slide around the curves and hills. Just to make matters EXTRA fun, is the fact that the temperatures rise and fall a great deal. It can warm up enough to start melting the snow, then drop again to freeze it into "Black Ice" on the streets. That means that the drivers cannot SEE the ice or expect it to be there. It causes A LOT of wrecks! So, when it snows, everyone just stays home to play in it. Because the next day, it's all gone.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 13 Feb 2007, 14:41

A hilly snowy place like that might be dangerous. :S Well, for driving matter, that is. BTW, it seems that just few active members live in place that it doesn't snow...? There are just 2 or 3 cities in Brazil that MAY snow, but it won't occur that often. And the snow is so thin that won't even be able to make things whiter. It's not that far from here where I live, though. Maybe, hum, 700 Km, on the hills.

Oh. Just to show the complete difference now, here's a photo of me and my step-mother and my step-sister (she's available, btw :D ). The photos look odd, though. They look like they were streched in vertical...that day, I was just about to pull out my teeth, so I was subnuctred due lack of feeding myself properly. Today, I'm much better, and shaved. ;)

This is a marine on the Lagoa da Conceição (Conceição Lake).

This is the main public market, in Florianópolis, city where I live.

This is Florianópolis. :-D
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 13 Feb 2007, 16:28

Looks nice. Wish I were there instead of in dreary philadelphia.
Kalah wrote:Tell me when you reach the metre mark, and we'll talk some more. :)
Upstate NY has had something around 130 inches I think in one week. Now that's a lot of snow.
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

ScarlettP
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby ScarlettP » 14 Feb 2007, 00:36

WOW! What a beautiful city! I love the way the trees come right up to the 'high rise' buildings. Here, like most of the US, the only tall buildings are in the down town area and then the surrounding country side is just a huge suburban sprawl. Just individual houses and yards for miles and miles around.

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 14 Feb 2007, 00:40

Those photos look nice, Panda. Especially that one shot of Florianópolis :D (that's a beautiful view).
and my step-sister (she's available, btw :D ).
How old is she, Panda? :devious:
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 14 Feb 2007, 08:43

Your step-sister looks cute. What's her phone number? :)
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 14 Feb 2007, 08:58

Woof! :)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 14 Feb 2007, 10:53

ScarlettP wrote:WOW! What a beautiful city! I love the way the trees come right up to the 'high rise' buildings. Here, like most of the US, the only tall buildings are in the down town area and then the surrounding country side is just a huge suburban sprawl. Just individual houses and yards for miles and miles around.
Oh, I know what you mean. In fact, I rather prefer the USAian way, because I'm rather tired of 200 miles building in line, making it look like an ocean of buildings. In Brazil, highrises and skyscrapers are unusual. Maybe the highest one reachs 50 floors or so. And the trees are like that because that shot was taken from a mount. The city is spread on a big island and that's the downtown. The trees are kinda away from there because they're on the mountain. The island is crowded with mountains. :D But that's a very beautiful city, because there are many different and very distinct places wherever you go. Downtown is the ugliest part of it, though. ;)

Oh, my sister is 29, master in Econometrics, owns a pizzaria and teachs at a State University. Really intelligent, she is.

Aaaand, I don't recall her phone number. I rarely call her in there, since she lives at another city. :D But if you want to look for her, the city is Maringá, 1.000 km from here.

This is Maringá. A countryside city with about 450 k inhabitants. Florianópolis has 390 k, but it's chained with Palhoça, São José and Biguaçu, increasing the metropolis to 1,2 million people. Quite a ruckus during the summer, because it has many beautiful places and beaches.
Image B-)

ScarlettP
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby ScarlettP » 14 Feb 2007, 12:16

Lovely!

And Tar, for someone who just had all his teeth yanked out, you are looking pretty FAB yourself! :smooch:

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 14 Feb 2007, 12:45

@ Tar
Maringá look soo nice... What's that river over there?
Oh, and you and your step-mom&sister look good too ;)
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 14 Feb 2007, 13:04

Thanks. But that was before pulling them out. :D Now, I'm shaved and I have recovered the pounds I've lost due lack of food. ;)

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 14 Feb 2007, 13:06

Panda Tar wrote:Thanks. But that was before pulling them out. :D Now, I'm shaved and I have recovered the pounds I've lost due lack of food. ;)
You still look very skinny.
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

Return to “Campfire”