TV shows (Spoilers!)

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 18 Apr 2008, 02:36

Anybody else watch the Smallville episode (Descent) tonight? Looks like Lex took the final plunge into evil.
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 19 Apr 2008, 12:25

Because all the cloning, experimenting on humans and other misc stuff where not enough?!

One good thing about work, it finally got me to stop watching Smallville...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 19 Apr 2008, 17:45

Well, yeah, Lex has been going more and more to the "dark side" but previously he always came back. Now Lex "killed" the good that was left in him and it looks like he has fully embraced evil. I'm wondering now long it will be now before Clark takes up the Superman persona.
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 20 Apr 2008, 12:39

Always came back?! More like he always still wanted to have friends/wife etc...
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 21 Apr 2008, 22:50

Ah, Smallville.

I guess tossing little Alexander into the fire and then dropping Lionel off Luthor Tower just about seals it. But what's missing here is motivation. Why is he so obsessed with whatever is in the box in Zurich? Why does he want to control Clark (or raise his army of meteor freaks or any of his other power grabs.) Power is not an end of itself. He must have some objective, which at least at one time he felt was noble.

From 'Talisman'
Lex Luthor: You know, I've been thinking a lot about this prophecy. I've got a new interpretation. Want to hear it?
Clark Kent: Sure.
Lex Luthor: This Naman guy is supposed to come from the stars, have the power of ten men, and shoot fire from his eyes, right?
Clark Kent: It's just an allegory, Lex.
Lex Luthor: I know. But if one person could do all that, he would be a formidable enemy. He could conquer the world. He could become a tyrant if nobody kept him in check.
Lex Luthor: So I've been thinking. Anybody who'd be willing to fight him would have to be pretty brave. Clark, did it ever occur to you that maybe the hero of the story... is Segeeth?
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 22 Apr 2008, 12:44

Nah, it's because he's bald... and Clark coming to Earth made him so...

(nice copying Luthor's post CoIE motivations... "He's an alien and i'm protecting humanity from him...")

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 25 Apr 2008, 17:35

Smokey is back! This was probably the best episode of the Lost 4th season so far. Isn't it becoming obvious that the island is some sort of another dimension? The plane crashed and all died, yet most of them made it alive on the island. The doctor from the ship was dead, yet they sent the signal that the doctor is fine.

It looks like Ben can travel in time or at least between the dimensions and is the master of the smoke monster.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 25 Apr 2008, 17:43

Crap, I missed last night's episode. I guess I'll have to watch in a tiny box on the Net.

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 25 Apr 2008, 17:58

Episode was really good. They certainly don't have a problem killing characters off this season.

@AS

Go buy a VGA cable and hook your computer up to your HDTV. That's what I do. No need to watch it on a small box. :)

WARNING!!!!!! SPOILER IN POST BELOW!!!! :down:
Last edited by Corribus on 25 Apr 2008, 18:25, edited 1 time in total.
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 25 Apr 2008, 18:06

Yes, great episode, but very baffling as usual.

"The rules have changed?" What rules? What kind of twisted relationship do Widmore and Linus have? Seems like the killing of Alex prompted Ben to access that secret chamber and issue the command to Smokey, if that's what he did, though it seems like that was a last resort and he wouldn't have done it otherwise, because surely he could have done something earlier and saved Alex?
arturchix wrote:The plane crashed and all died
Umm..wasn't it all staged?
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 25 Apr 2008, 18:21

arturchix wrote:Smokey is back! This was probably the best episode of the Lost 4th season so far. Isn't it becoming obvious that the island is some sort of another dimension? The plane crashed and all died, yet most of them made it alive on the island. The doctor from the ship was dead, yet they sent the signal that the doctor is fine.

It looks like Ben can travel in time or at least between the dimensions and is the master of the smoke monster.
Although I haven't watched the whole 3rd season and none of the 4th, I couldn't hold myself reading the review of this episode to boost again my will to watch Lost, which I lost after a while. :)

It was such a mess of events and the smoke appearance - wow. Sounds like pretty interesting stuff showing up soon. ;)
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 25 Apr 2008, 18:25

@Metathron -
Careful with the spoilers!
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 25 Apr 2008, 18:43

Umm..wasn't it all staged?
Said who, Ben? I'll better believe another dimension (can anyone naturally explain the smoke monster or the time travel?) rather than that it was all staged.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 25 Apr 2008, 18:54

Corribus wrote:Go buy a VGA cable and hook your computer up to your HDTV. That's what I do. No need to watch it on a small box.
I did that already, but I'm not sure what to do with sound. My laptop has that standard headphones output. I fail to see how I could link that to my TV or receiver.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 25 Apr 2008, 19:33

Corribus wrote:@Metathron -
Careful with the spoilers!
A warning is already contained in the title of this thread, so everyone should be well aware they're "entering at their own risk". It often happens on message boards that spoiler tags and the like end up spoiling those who have already seen the latest episode/movie, in that it limits their freedom of discussion.
arturchix wrote:Said who, Ben?
No, it wasn't Ben, it might have been Miles or Naomi. Also, the wreckage was shown on TV while the bearded helicopter pilot was watching TV in one of the flashbacks.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 25 Apr 2008, 20:04

Angelspit wrote:I did that already, but I'm not sure what to do with sound. My laptop has that standard headphones output. I fail to see how I could link that to my TV or receiver.
Well erm yeah I haven't figured that one out yet. But mostly because I'm lazy. I think you can just run your computer output through your receiver (like a CD player or anything else). If I get around to it, I'll try it tonight and let you know.

But I do have a really nice set of "surround sound" computer speakers with sub so it actually works pretty nicely.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 25 Apr 2008, 20:58

Latest ati cards offer such future. Having an audio hdmi codec, they can deliver both to your TV. If its possesing hdmi input.

Or another cable with hdmi in and vga+audio out can serve too, if you have sound in connector on your tv. (You usually have, here are used SCARTs but I don't know how it's going behind the big puddle.)

Here they were talking just about the same.
Last edited by Pol on 25 Apr 2008, 21:28, edited 1 time in total.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 25 Apr 2008, 21:13

Pol wrote:Latest ati cards offer such future. Having an audio hdmi codec, they can deliver both to your TV. If its possesing hdmi input.
Of course. But HDMI ports aren't really that common on PCs yet... or are they?

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 25 Apr 2008, 21:48

Today they are.

On my old card I used s-video output. It was ati2d+atiTV tunner :D and tunner had s-video which can bears both. Appropiate cinches on the tv are also standard. Look at the cable. ;) Here are tons of variants with that cable. (plethora of inputs, so I believe that here can be found solution for everyone.)

And one more illustrative pic, what you should expect to find on back side of your pc.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 25 Apr 2008, 23:05

I love Top Gear! Can't wait for series 11 this summer :-D
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Return to “Campfire”