TV shows (Spoilers!)

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 30 Oct 2006, 13:23

Caradoc wrote: And Smallville is having another good season. Maybe its last?
One can only hope. :devil:

And about Heroes: who's schedule?! I don't know the excat time, but it's always on monday, i always get to see it the second day.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 30 Oct 2006, 13:30

Caradoc wrote:And Smallville is having another good season.
Are you being sarcastic? :baby:

I'm currently watching again season 5 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer on DVD. I miss that show a bit.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 30 Oct 2006, 13:38

Angelspit wrote: I'm currently watching again season 5 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer on DVD. I miss that show a bit.
Meh, too much of a good thing and it turns into ****.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 30 Oct 2006, 13:44

Yeah, season 5 was the last decent season. I wanted to watch season 6 and 7 again, but the thought of going through Double Meat Palace (sp?) again makes me hesitate.

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 30 Oct 2006, 20:27

Angelspit wrote:
Caradoc wrote:And Smallville is having another good season.
Are you being sarcastic? :baby:

I'm currently watching again season 5 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer on DVD. I miss that show a bit.
No, I really like it. I guess I've grown attached to the show. Michael Rosenbaum's Lex Luthor is the most complex and intriguing character on TV. And John Glover's brilliant as Lionel. It's fun to watch for the subtle references to the Superman mythos and to see them maneuver the characters in that direction. For instance, you can now see a little spark growing between Clark and Lois, and you can see Lex moving a little more to the dark side.

Buffy had some of the best writing ever. And the cast was adorable. (And if you ask me, Charisma Carpenter is the only one to play Wonder Woman.)
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 30 Oct 2006, 20:41

Caradoc wrote: No, I really like it.
I agree that the actors fit the parts well, but show itself is rather weak. That's why i didn't actualy bother watching all the episodes i missed from season 2 and 3 and only watch them as they come. It has it's moments though.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 31 Oct 2006, 00:46

that is some call about charisma carpenter caradoc .... I hear ya!!

and the cast of buffy just worked so well, Nicholas Brandon was awesome, always loved Alyson Hannigan, and Seth Green added some good moments in the middle seasons too .... SMG was of course great and the others were good too

but the greatness of the show was all in the writing .... the one-liners kept me going .... the was by far my favourite show, but then life got in the way and I lost touch with it after about halfway thru season 5 .... One day I'll get the box set and watch the lot

as for other TV shows, well House is a personal favourite, just love Hugh Laurie's portrayal of House, and another goodie (only for us Aussies thou) is Thank God You're Here, you can check it at tgyh.com.au for a single scene, or a search at youtube.com for more if you like .... awfully funny
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 02 Nov 2006, 02:57

[Don`t read if you haven't seen the latest Lost]

Back to Lost, ouch, I think we just lost what was my favorite character. I didn't expect them to kill another character so early in the season, and certainly not that character. But it is good to see the shade-thing make a comeback after more than a year. I wonder what's the rational explanation behind that. Also, I loved the look on Ben's face after he realized Jack had found out about his tumor. Not a bad actor this gentleman. But I'll make a wild guess and say that perhaps the x-rays didn't belong to Ben, the upcoming operation is just another test for the ugly tatoo doc.

[End of spoilers]

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 02 Nov 2006, 05:25

OK, smoky has now killed the pilot and Mr. Eko, and apparently was Kate's horse and Hurley's pal. If it was after Kate and Hurley, why didn't it just slam them into a tree? And it was just going to kill Echo, why appear as his brother?

I'm also sorry to lose Eko, and I'm not too thrilled with the replacements, though maybe the show does need someone more upbeat. Last year they brought in a lot of new cast, and now all the tailies are gone except Bernard.

I wanna believe they know what they're doing, but on nights like this I wonder.
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 02 Nov 2006, 14:13

I didn't realize that nearly all the Tailies (I guess you hang out in the official forum to use such cute nicknames!) were gone. That makes a lot of the events of season 2 obsolete. My girlfriend was just wondering if we'll ever hear again from the children who were captured by the Others. Even the writers probably forgot them.

That show sometimes reminds me of the Buffy spin-off, Angel, which had some great ideas but kept going in completely different directions season after season, with major characters (Doyle, Cordelia, Fred) disappearing halfway through a season. Once the show ended, I had the feeling there was something important I was missing and that I kinda wasted my time during all that time.

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 02 Nov 2006, 14:49

I liked the episode, but was surprised to see another character die, especially one I liked. I agree that I find the two new characters a little annoying.

If "smoky" can appear as a human, perhaps all of the Others are manifestations of "smoky" as well. ??
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 02 Nov 2006, 18:27

Some interesting thought about Lost from PA: http://www.penny-arcade.com/2006/11/01
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/11/01

I really do hope the writers have some sort of overall backstory to what's going on and not just making it up as they go along.

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 03 Nov 2006, 17:31

To Angelspit: Doyle's departure from Angel had been planned from the beginning. He was basically a way to get powers for Cordelia. She had to go because Josh was pissed at Charisma for getting pregnant and having to wear a tent for an entire season. And I never much liked Fred and was glad to see her go. Clearly the weakest link. Also note that we got Wesley added at midseason.

The official Lost board has too many useless posts. The Wikipedia entries are much better.

To Corribus: Smoky seems to take on the appearance of people they know, so I seriously doubt it's also the others. It looks like the others may have a connection to the outside world -- viz the cheeseburger. They also seem to have some way to go between islands. They gave their boat to Michael but somehow got back to stage the raid on the sailboat. And why the Viking funeral? That little raft isn't going to make it far before it sinks, and two days later the body washes up on shore.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 03 Nov 2006, 19:44

Why Eko died:
The actor who play(ed) Mr. Eko asked to be killed off due to his mothers dying and his desire to go home (london) and direct a film near his family.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 04 Nov 2006, 02:14

Caradoc wrote: They also seem to have some way to go between islands. They gave their boat to Michael but somehow got back to stage the raid on the sailboat. And why the Viking funeral? That little raft isn't going to make it far before it sinks, and two days later the body washes up on shore.
They got a submarine, as per Fenry (i.e. Fake Henry aka Ben). That must also be how Ethan managed to infiltrate the Losties back in Season 1, and kill Steve (or was that Scott? :D).

I am currently boggling at Juliet's cue card act from last episode. I wonder if that was for real or a mere ruse. And if it was for real, were her intentions pure and good, or is she merely looking to supplant Ben?

As for the new Losties, they're admittedly dull, but let's give them time to develop.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 04 Nov 2006, 13:09

Metathron wrote: As for the new Losties, they're admittedly dull, but let's give them time to develop.
Red shirts, red shirts... :devil:

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 04 Nov 2006, 13:44

Sorry, I didn't quite catch that?

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 04 Nov 2006, 15:00

Guess which:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_shirt

And i don't belive no one here is watching the new Battlestar Galactica series. Man that one rocks.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 04 Nov 2006, 15:29

No, I don't believe that Nikki and Paolo (the new Losties) hail from Red Shirt, South Dakota. ;)

As for BSG, that is on my to-watch list, as is Firefly. I was told, however, that being an avid Farscape fan, Firefly would appeal to me more. But these shows will have to wait, as I'm currently in the middle of season 2 of Babylon 5 and I intend to see it through (many have told me it gets better and that it pays off to stick with it), despite a rather tepid first season.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 04 Nov 2006, 16:28

Metathron wrote:(many have told me it gets better and that it pays off to stick with it), despite a rather tepid first season.
Ignore the main plots of most eps in the first season, it helps. The overall plot is what makes B5 the best SF show ever. BSG's only hope to outdo it is it's own overall plot, if it has one, and it has to be really good, and only because of the better production values.

I'd suggest seeing Firefly + Serenity before starting on BSG, it's shorter and no longer ongoing (Stupid FOX :( ).

Anyway, so the 13th colony knew how to kill cylons way back in the day, now that's freaky. And i'm really hoping the Gods we're something like Marvel's Eternals, but not so overpowered.

Return to “Campfire”