TV shows (Spoilers!)

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 26 May 2006, 01:43

I've been to Philly once during a road trip with two friends -- we only stayed there a few hours (but I ate one of those famous Philly Cheese Steaks) as we were on our way to New York.

Back on topic, did you guy notice that the key was obviously not made of metal? Ever seen a key in plastic?
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 26 May 2006, 03:06

For those that don't know what a Philly cheesesteak is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheesesteak

And yes, they are good. Sadly, they also have about 40,304 calories, as does just about everything else that tastes good.

Back to Lost:
And ideas on the big foot statue? It was sort of glossed over in the episode, but clearly it was put in there for a reason.
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 26 May 2006, 05:19

I did some studies in English Lit way back when. The thing about Our Mutual Friend was that Dickens reverted back to his original, vulgar style. In his latter days he had lost himself in literary society and this was a somewhat forced effort to emulate his own early works.

What that might mean for Lost, I could not say.

BTW: Here in Austin we have Texadelphia, a sandwich shop that sells 'genuine Philly cheesestakes' -- with jalapenos.
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 26 May 2006, 05:19

Any theories on the last 5 minutes, Charles (or others)?

Edit: Sometimes people look at me funny (the cheesesteak formula is pretty sacred around here), but I like mine with hot peppers on them as well. And (gasp) I don't really like Cheese Whiz either... I'm a provolone man.
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 28 May 2006, 06:26

Corribus wrote:Any theories on the last 5 minutes, Charles (or others)?

Edit: Sometimes people look at me funny (the cheesesteak formula is pretty sacred around here), but I like mine with hot peppers on them as well. And (gasp) I don't really like Cheese Whiz either... I'm a provolone man.
This was our very first non-flashback scene not on the island. The men were speaking Portuguese, so they could be Brazilian. Brazil has a claim on parts of Anarctica, so that may be their location -- right on the pole. (Sorry, no bears down there.)

We are starting to piece together a corporate conglomerate with Widmore, Hanso, Locke's dad's company, Michael's wife's husband's company, and maybe Dharma. In any case, it appears that there are two or more interests represented on the island, one of which claims to be 'good people' but nevertheless go around shooting and kidnapping innocents.

The 'others' have something they need done that they think Jack, Kate, and Sawyer will be able to do for them. Some kind of espionage maybe?

(And I'm with you on the Cheese Whiz, brother. I don't go for extruded food.)
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 28 May 2006, 07:01

Caradoc wrote: This was our very first non-flashback scene not on the island. The men were speaking Portuguese, so they could be Brazilian.
Heard somewhere else that they spoke Brazilian Portuguese. From what I recal from Brazilian and Portuguese telenovelas it sounds about right.

You're making me hungry here, brother. *scampers off to find food stuff*
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 28 May 2006, 14:12

Caradoc wrote:This was our very first non-flashback scene not on the island. The men were speaking Portuguese, so they could be Brazilian. Brazil has a claim on parts of Anarctica, so that may be their location -- right on the pole. (Sorry, no bears down there.)
Perhaps on the magnetic pole, which may explain their interest in the earth's electromagnetic field....

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 28 May 2006, 14:56

Corribus wrote: Perhaps on the magnetic pole, which may explain their interest in the earth's electromagnetic field....
Did you not catch the part where they called Desmond ex?! They were looking for Desmond for sure.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

DemonHunter
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby DemonHunter » 28 May 2006, 18:48

no...
I'll have to wait another 3-6 months for the last episodes of season 2 in Belgium :(

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 02 Jun 2006, 05:50

DemonHunter wrote:no...
I'll have to wait another 3-6 months for the last episodes of season 2 in Belgium :(
I believe you can download them. No need to wait.

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 26 Oct 2006, 13:37

*BUMP*

SO.... what do y'all think of season 3 so far. Myself, I have found it pretty disappointing. Last night's episode was better, but the previous week's was just stupid IMO.

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 26 Oct 2006, 22:42

I'll reserve judgment till the end of this first arc. But I'd say so far, so good. My favorite character is Sawyer and he's getting lots of screen time, so I'm happy about that. There has been lots of action and revelations, too. The only drags were the flashes. I'm getting to like Desmond, who gets the next one, so I'm looking forward to that.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 27 Oct 2006, 13:10

Caradoc wrote:I'm getting to like Desmond, who gets the next one, so I'm looking forward to that.
Amen Brother.

Anyone watch BSG?! Now that's what i call a well done combat launch.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 27 Oct 2006, 20:35

The flashbacks were a cool novelty at first, but now I think they just slow down the action. I'm beginning to hate the little "woosh" sound that announces them.

It's funny how they are slowly bringing in new characters, after last season's slaughter.

But all in all, I still like the show. Not sure if I said it before, but I sometimes feel like watching the first season all over again.

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 27 Oct 2006, 21:27

I agree that they do spend too much time in the flashbacks, and also think that not enough happens in them and that they should avoid cliffhangers. I wish they had shown us the resolution of Locke's segment with the growers. Did they shoot his legs?

Speaking of flashbacks, have you stayed tuned for the Nine? I think it's interesting the way seeing the flashbacks changes your whole perception of the aftermath. It may be too much for the average viewer, though, since it does not fit a familiar formula. I hope they finish the season.

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 27 Oct 2006, 23:19

Yeah I'm not sure the flashbacks really add much anymore. We sort of know most of what we need to know about how they all got on the plane. Now it just seems superfluous. And the whole Locke at the Weed Farm seemed really pointless.

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 28 Oct 2006, 15:48

Corribus wrote:Yeah I'm not sure the flashbacks really add much anymore. We sort of know most of what we need to know about how they all got on the plane. Now it just seems superfluous. And the whole Locke at the Weed Farm seemed really pointless.
Unless that's how he lost the use of his legs.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 28 Oct 2006, 16:02

On the topic of "other TV shows": has anyone seen Heroes?
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 28 Oct 2006, 16:14

Yup.. interesting show, and they have some nice powers too.

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 30 Oct 2006, 07:04

Heroes is getting better, but it has been hard to follow and keeps bouncing around in the schedule. Those are bad signs.

Best new show, I think, is Studio 60. Well written, great cast, fast paced.

And Smallville is having another good season. Maybe its last?

Return to “Campfire”