TV shows (Spoilers!)

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 28 Apr 2008, 17:31

My guess is that Ben thought he could talk them into releasing Alex, thinking that the 'rules' would somehow protect her. Having been betrayed, he resorted to Smokey. And for the first time, I'm guessing, Smokey was released inside the containment and will now be kept in instead of out. That's why they need to bug out. Also, didn't Smokey seem a lot larger than before? I wonder why.

I do not think the Island is in a different 'dimension' or in a location other than the Pacific ocean on 'our' earth. But there is a time warping effect as exposure to the EMD has affected at least Desmond and Ben. There is also some spiritual entity (Jacob) that accounts for the healing effect. It might be like Sirens of Titan where a misplaced time traveler is manipulating them so it can get home.
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 30 Apr 2008, 09:25

Anyone watch Avatar: The Last Airbender?!

Also, didn't Smokey seem a lot larger than before? I wonder why.
Because it's the 1st time we saw it in full?!
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Sir William S Titan
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Sir William S Titan » 01 May 2008, 15:04

ThunderTitan wrote:Anyone watch Avatar: The Last Airbender?!
I watch that. Seen the first two books all the way through and wish they'd show some re-runs of the third. I've got one chapter of the third book's recorded, but I'd rather watch the ones that go before it first.
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 500 character limit

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 02 May 2008, 23:30

I missed Smallville last night so I watched it online today. (http://www.sidereel.com/Smallville)

Also on the site I found that Michael Rosenbaum (Lex Luthor) is leaving the show at the end of the season. I'm guessing Clark is about to move into the mild mannered reporter role soon (as hinted in last night's episode.)

Michael Rosenbaum's farewell letter:
http://www.sidereel.com/_post/6525

GOW
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 03 May 2008, 11:11

Tantrum time!

Danielle is gone and we never got to see her flashback episode, what a rip off!

Instead we got another tepid love triangle episode

But what really makes sense is the soldiers are alive and kicking after Smokey's epic intervention. :rolleyes:
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 03 May 2008, 21:33

As usual, after a great episode comes a boring one - basically nothing worth mentioning, except that Claire's missing now.
But what really makes sense is the soldiers are alive and kicking after Smokey's epic intervention. :rolleyes:
Yeah, that was quite surprising.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 03 May 2008, 22:07

Can somebody plase pull the plug on "Lost" so we can get something better on the telly?
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 03 May 2008, 23:04

Even in its less brilliant moments, Lost is leagues ahead of almost anything else on TV these days.

jeff4815
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby jeff4815 » 04 May 2008, 22:03

Lost is my favorite show on TV right now. Can't wait for Season 4 Episode 11 on Thursday.
I'm really not much of a fan of Jack or Jack episodes, especially when they're based around that love quadrangle.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 04 May 2008, 22:10

Quadrangle? Heh!

Actually, it should be quintangle:

Sawyer - Kate - Jack - Juliet - Ben

:-D

jeff4815
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby jeff4815 » 05 May 2008, 21:47

Ah yes, good point.

Unfortunately I can't take credit for "quadrangle", it was something the producers said in those "enhanced" episodes (with the text box at the bottom of the screen).
And there was much rejoicing...
"You want a piece of me?!"
Ithilgore trying to Identify a Dragon: "Haven't seen one before..."

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 08 May 2008, 20:58

Kalah wrote:Can somebody plase pull the plug on "Lost" so we can get something better on the telly?
So you thinking taking off "Lost" will somehow make room for one of those great shows that the networks are holding back because everything else is soooo good?
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 09 May 2008, 18:47

Destiny is a fickle b****.

I luvvit! :D

jeff4815
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby jeff4815 » 09 May 2008, 19:08

Haha, I admit that that was a great quote.

So is this the Lost thread and not so much the TV thread? (not that I'm complaining.)

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 09 May 2008, 19:13

Last night's episode was dull, once again. Let me whine a little:

* Desmond was the most interesting character of the previous season, yet this time he is stuck in a boat following Sayid around wondering what the heck happened to the show.
* The writers should stop having questions answered by yet another question, or have the characters pretend for a second they know something that we don't. You've been doing that for four years, get a little creative.
* I'm sick of the close-ups on Ben's gigantic eyes. The guy is not creepy anymore. As a matter of fact, the whole island looks more safe than that goddamn park across the street.
* Are they going to kill yet another character in the finale just for a little shock value? They wasted Danielle and Alex already (just like they killed every single secondary character that is remotely interesting), so who's left unless they are ready to sacrifice one of the stars?
* I love how fans of the show on the Net come up with crazy theories to hide the fact that the writers have no idea what to do with that show.

Thanks, I feel better now.

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 16 May 2008, 17:30

So Jack finally learns that he's related to Clair, Mr.Alpert is back again, even more hostiles, the move of the island...I can't wait for the finale!

BTW, Claire might be already dead, after the explosion. At least it would explain why Miles was acting so weird when close to her - maybe he felt she's no longer a human anymore?

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 16 May 2008, 17:44

Last night's episode was simple but effective, a nice improvement over the previous week. So the remaining Others will team up with the Beach People to fight the soldiers? Will the action take place off the island next year? Perhaps we'll find out in two weeks.

jeff4815
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby jeff4815 » 16 May 2008, 19:35

I'm still not convinced that Claire is dead, just like I'm not convinced that Christian is alive.

Last nights episode, like Greatest Hits, was a great build-up episode. It had a lot going on and had a fantastic score.

I still didn't really like the fact that the flashes were of the "Oceanic Six". They were alright, I guess, though.

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 23 May 2008, 04:43

Gad, what a dead week. No Lost. No Galactica. No Dr. Who. No Riches. Isn't May supposed to be a 'sweeps' month?

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby MistWeaver » 23 May 2008, 08:28

jeff4815 wrote:I'm still not convinced that Claire is dead, just like I'm not convinced that Christian is alive.
Going with one of the theories (which explains nearly everything) Clair is not dead, and Christian is not really alive (like Ben's mother for example).

Return to “Campfire”