TV shows (Spoilers!)

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 04 May 2006, 18:48

Thanks for the link, AS. So <whatsername> is gone for good, too, huh? That's too bad. I kind of liked <whatsername>.
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 04 May 2006, 22:59

So will we ever know what Libby was doing in the mental institution with Hurley? And did she really dig him, or did she find out he was rich?

In the preview, we see Ana Lucia laid out but not Libby. Also Hurley seems to be forgiving Michael. So is Libby maybe going to live (and finish out the season)?

Contrary to my speculation, the flashback next week will be Mr. Eko. (And after that it will be Desmond (!) ) I sure hope Eko does not really fall off the cliff (preview again). I really like him.
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 05 May 2006, 00:24

Desmond, Desmond... er... who was Desmond again?
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 05 May 2006, 02:58

I had to google the name to remember! :) He is the guy who took care of the hatch before the gang arrived. He ran away in the jungle early in the season.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 05 May 2006, 03:46

They're doing flashbacks with HIM? Er.... ok... I guess.

Oh and is it just me or does Jack's dad seem to have a connection with everyone on the island? You just know whoever Jack's dad paid a visit to during the rainstorm is going to come back at some point to be relevant.

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 05 May 2006, 16:56

Corribus wrote:They're doing flashbacks with HIM? Er.... ok... I guess.

Desmond is a very interesting fellow. He does not appear to be an 'other' or a member of Danielle's party. He may be the author of the map on the blast door. Last time we saw him, he had just grabbed some vaccine and ran into the jungle. So where did he go? And why was he so eager to leave the hatch?

If we learn how he came to be on the island, that may explain a lot about the losties and their 'plane crash'.

(BTW: My current theory is that the plane did not crash. It was dropped there.)
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 05 May 2006, 17:11

What exactly do you mean by "dropped"?

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 06 May 2006, 19:55

Corribus wrote:What exactly do you mean by "dropped"?
I mean it never crashed. Some unknown agent transported the sections of the plane to the island and dropped them there. An airliner falling from 15,000 feet does not land intact, especially if it has broken into three parts. How could the nose section be stuck in the top of a tree, for Christ's sake?

Consider the other wreckage. The Black Rock could not have just run aground so far inland. The drug plane is another found in a treetop. As was Bertrand. Even the supplies were dropped, but there was no plane overhead.

Something is grabbing things and dropping them on the island.

Boromir
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Boromir » 07 May 2006, 07:43

Caradoc wrote:(...) The Black Rock could not have just run aground so far inland.
Hmmm, generally an interesting point of view. However, the Black Rock is the one which could have been there by natural means - the tsunami wave can take things far into the land.
Cheers,
Boromir
For every difficult question there is an easy answer: short, simple and wrong.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 07 May 2006, 11:49

And let us remember that it's a show, so the planes-on-trees might have just been cool, and not mean anything.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 11 May 2006, 21:42

Both <spoiler> and <spoiler> are <spoiler>. Mr. Echo is still a freak...

And Sawyer is really bad @$$ for hiding the guns there.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 25 May 2006, 04:42

What the hell?

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 25 May 2006, 05:18

I don't know, as I haven't seem the ep. last night. I'll be watching it once I get back from school.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 25 May 2006, 11:01

Corribus wrote:What the hell?
QFE

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 25 May 2006, 15:00

Significantly - I guess the last scene is also the first scene taking place in the "present" that also takes place off the island, no?

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 25 May 2006, 17:05

Damn skippy....

So, anyone else think Desmond just released Magneto from his interdimensional prison?

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 25 May 2006, 19:07

Is there anything significant about the Dickens book "Our Mutual Friend", aside from the fact that it was the last book he wrote? I haven't read it.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 25 May 2006, 19:47

Last night's episode made me want to buy the season 1 DVD and watch them again.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 25 May 2006, 20:06

Never even heard of that book.

But Desmond better be alive, as he hasn't read it yet.

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 25 May 2006, 21:40

Angelspit wrote:Last night's episode made me want to buy the season 1 DVD and watch them again.
I have them all on DVD and am rewatching them this summer (and rewatching season 2 when they come out). I'd invite you to join me but Philly's probably a bit of a hike for you. :-D

Return to “Campfire”