TV shows (Spoilers!)

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
jeff4815
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby jeff4815 » 23 May 2008, 16:03

Well that's good.

At least Lost is on next week.
And there was much rejoicing...
"You want a piece of me?!"
Ithilgore trying to Identify a Dragon: "Haven't seen one before..."

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 26 May 2008, 06:57

Claire does not make it off the island, at least as one of the Oceanic Six. And since she seemed rather attached to Aaron and is well liked by the other Losties, who would not want to separate them if necessary, then there must be some compelling reason for her to stay. She does not appear to be sick or injured, so what would cause her to stay behind yet not to keep Aaron? Something is preventing her from leaving.

I think the answer is that she died in the explosion. Yet on the Island you don't really die. But you do get stuck there.
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 26 May 2008, 16:01

The 4th season finale will reveal who was in the coffin shown in the 3rd season finale. In Dark UFOs blog I found a very interesting comment in this matter that makes sense:
Here is some things we've learned. DarkUFO has a poll somewhere here that has a list of character names. One of the characters he said will be in the coffin. They are: Ben, Sayid, Desmond, Jacob, Sawyer, Locke, Alpert. And we know Jack is neither family nor friend to the coffin guy, and Kate obviously doesn't care about the deceased. That alone rules out Sawyer and Desmond, and Sayid as well. Desmond is am sure would be buried in his native Scotland, as would Sayid in Iraq, not L.A. I really can't see the producers shocking us with having Alpert in the coffin. This coffin ordeal is being made a BIG deal, so the person will be a MAJOR character on the show. Why would it be Jacob? That just wouldn't make sense to reveal him this way. We pretty much know nothing about him.
This leaves us with Locke or Ben. I can guarantee everyone it will be one of them. And to me, this season was all about Ben. He's the character who stood out the most, so it would be an amazing twist to see him in the coffin. But an even crazier twist, and a type of twist the LOST producers love doing, it will probably be Locke. Mainly because it raises so many God-damned more questions. They could go the obvious Benjamin Linus route, or the crazier twist of it being Locke. Hmmm, what would the producers of LOST do... I wonder.
It probably will be Ben.

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 26 May 2008, 19:59

I've been thinking. It appears Locke was being tested by Richard Alpert and the other guy for several times traveling in the past, and for one reason - they are looking for a new leader. Ben probably is going to die and to be found in the coffin and Locke is to become the leader of the hostiles. The question is - how big impact has the first test that Locke failed? Clearly Alpert was disappointed that Locke chose a knife instead of the book BUT he did try again later, didn't he? He must have been testing what Locke might choose to do in the future, and knife might just represent murder of Naomi which might have been unnecessary. Also note that those items actually do belong to Locke in the future.

I also assume that Christian in the shack told Locke not only to move the island but after that - kill Ben.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 27 May 2008, 10:28

Are we sure there's time travelling involved in Alpert's case? I mean Desmond only travelled to when he already existed, and Alpert was already around when Ben first betrayed DHARMA.... and he was the same age... maybe he's just immortal.

(also, i'm so happy the actor who plays Richard is back, if his new show hadn't been cancelled he would have showed up again)
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 30 May 2008, 18:08

I'm slightly disappointed with the finale. First, Jack is a total jackass (you can split this word in two and it would mean the same) leaving Jin on the freighter - he was so busy saving his own skin. All he could say to Sun was - forget about him, he's gone. Just like that, with no emotions. :S I really liked Jack in the first seasons but now I'm close to hate him. Funny that he was blaming Locke for being responsible for most of the deaths yet he forgets that it was his very own call to contact the freighter folk. While I can disagree with a lot of Locke's methods, still he was right most of the time, the man of science above all.

At least I'm happy for Desmond and Penny! :hoo:

P.S. For several seconds I already thought Sayid is going to kill Hurley. 8|

jeff4815
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby jeff4815 » 30 May 2008, 19:37

Ever since Jack's first or second flashback episode in season 1 I've hated him.

I liked the finale, the more that I think about it. I was shocked by the twist at the end, but I wasn't all THAT surprised, looking at the clues. To be honest, the only one of the oceanic 6 that I like is Sayid. The fight between him and Keamy was awesome.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 30 May 2008, 19:40

Locke's fate seems puzzling. :creative: How have he gotten into that box...? Next season shall explain. :-D
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 30 May 2008, 21:42

I guess Jeremy Bentham also moved the Island to have found himself off it (and somehow dead, at that).
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 30 May 2008, 21:43

What has me puzzled is why Locke was known as Jeremy Bentham. Can someone be dead in the 'real' world and alive on the island? Could be.

As to Claire, is it possible she is staying so as to be with Charlie?
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 30 May 2008, 22:16

Well, like I said, I'm guessing he had to turn the wheel and leave the island. For his protection he couldn't go around by his real name in the "real world".

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 31 May 2008, 07:08

Locke must have moved the island in the past, back to Dharma Initiative times - that would explain the orientation video purpose that the teleported object in our time seems to disappear, and why Miles told Charlotte that she's already been here before. Probably we're going to see an epic clash between the Hostiles with Locke as their leader against the Dharma folks - should be fun!

jeff4815
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby jeff4815 » 31 May 2008, 17:03

I have a not-so-farout theory. I think that Charles Widmore was the leader of the others before Ben was and he ordered the Dharmacide. This is from putting together a few clues.

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 01 Jun 2008, 05:00

From a practical (?) standpoint for time travel, you would need both a transmitter and a receiver. Supposing this is so, the Island's receiver would need to be linked to a transmitter in the future. But since there is no way to go back in time to install the receiver, at first they must have existed at the same time. However, there must have been a way to prevent the receiver from moving forward in time, perhaps by embedding it and its surroundings (the Island) in a powerful electromagnetic field possibly amplified by rare mineral deposits there.

Anyway, if the possible time displacement was rather small -- say 108 minutes -- it would not be all that useful. But suppose that sometime before the 108 minutes had passed, the receiver was sent back again the to point of origin, effectively maintaining it at time the process was started. Meanwhile the transmitter was allowed to move forward, so that the timespan between the two would increase.

This is the point to entering the numbers into the computer. It caused the Island to return to the original start time. When Locke failed to enter the numbers, the automatic return mechanism was interrupted. (The numbers were a way to make sure that there was Dharma personnel in charge.) At that point the Island began to move forward in time, normally and in its own timeframe.

What Locke has done now is equivalent to a manual reset. The Island is being shifted back to time zero, effectively to the point before the automatic reset sequence was interrupted, which was temporally constant due to the successful resets. Thus, the Island has indeed moved back into the past, its past, which is where it was just before the hatch was destroyed.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 01 Jun 2008, 08:12

You know, Car, there's not a single part of that I don't understand... :D

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 08 Jul 2008, 23:02

Watching the latest Top Gear... the lads are doing a challenge with £1.000 Alfa Romeos. Which are rubbish. :D

The two delinquents rubbed cheese all over Captain Slow's engine block, causing it to smell :)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 11 Jul 2008, 17:31

Watched last night an episode of Diary of a Call Girl, featuring Billie Piper of Doctor Who fame (and a British pop singer). I remember Caradoc saying he thought she was a cutie in this thread, something I didn't really agree with at the time, but after having seen Rose... err, I mean Billie.. in her business attire... Booya!

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 11 Jul 2008, 19:34

Billie Piper went on Top Gear in episode 9.6. She wore a see-through top, and thus she got off with cutting the corners on the track, since Jezza couldn't concentrate :D

Her master, David Tennant, was quite miffed.. he was slower than her, even though she (as he correctly said) "clearly drove a track she made up".
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 12 Jul 2008, 14:09

Anyone watch Big Love?!

It's about a polygamous couple from Utah... and it's pretty good.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 24 Jul 2008, 20:08

Just watching an episode of Criminal Minds, and Frankie Muniz (Malcom in the Middle) appears as a quite convincing maniac...

Return to “Campfire”