TV shows (Spoilers!)

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 04 Nov 2006, 17:18

Thanks for the tips, TT. I highly recommend Farscape to you, if you haven't tried it yet, and to anyone who enjoys an intelligent, witty science fiction series.
(Stupid FOX :sad).
And stupid SciFi, cancelling top-notch quality shows such as Farscape! PsiFi needs reality TV as much as it needs a hammer! :mad:
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 04 Nov 2006, 18:42

Metathron wrote:And stupid SciFi, cancelling top-notch quality shows such as Farscape! PsiFi needs reality TV as much as it needs a hammer! :mad:
At least Farscape got 4 seasons and Crichton got to wear a nuke to a party.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 11 Nov 2006, 23:58

Well, I found the last episode of Lost (until February) to be a big disappointment. It was hyped up as some sort of an outstanding episode, but it actually failed on most counts. I hope the writers/producers make good use of the time they have and that the rest of the season is better than this.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 12 Nov 2006, 01:24

There goes another show for this year.

As for BSG, i din't really like the way they just used the virus just to say "genocide is wrong" and that's about it... i really hope they don't let that become a trend. It's also annoying how they just assumed that infecting one Ress ship would destroy all the cylons or how they just went to the Basestar without hazmat suits.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 12 Nov 2006, 03:42

Metathron wrote:I hope the writers/producers make good use of the time they have and that the rest of the season is better than this.
Problem is, the rest of the season is already written and under production.

Bethel
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Bethel » 13 Nov 2006, 20:53

Caradoc wrote:Heroes is getting better, but it has been hard to follow and keeps bouncing around in the schedule. Those are bad signs.

Best new show, I think, is Studio 60. Well written, great cast, fast paced.
Heroes - Monday at 9pm, right before Studio 60. The only 2 shows I make sure to see every week. If it's moving around, blame your local affiliate.

Studio 60 is another Aaron Sorkin show - quality is to be expected.

And if you miss an episode, you can go to nbc.com and watch it with a whole lot fewer commercials. Unfortunately, they don't have an archive that I've been able to locate, as I missed one episode of Heroes early on.

It's fun to try to figure out who the villains are - apparently there's a question regarding the cheerleader's father...

My favorite is Hiro. (Super-Hiro! :D )

The Mad Dragon
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby The Mad Dragon » 13 Nov 2006, 20:59

I just found out that one of my new shows that I like got pulled. The show was called Justice and I thought it was doing really good.... ;|

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 13 Nov 2006, 21:19

Bethel wrote: It's fun to try to figure out who the villains are - apparently there's a question regarding the cheerleader's father...
Seeing how he hasn't actualy done anything that would really make him a villain as far as we saw and he does seem to care for Claire it's definatly not clear. Frankly i'm hoping he's more of a neutral kinda guy.

Bethel
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Bethel » 13 Nov 2006, 21:53

ThunderTitan wrote:
Bethel wrote: It's fun to try to figure out who the villains are - apparently there's a question regarding the cheerleader's father...
Seeing how he hasn't actualy done anything that would really make him a villain as far as we saw and he does seem to care for Claire it's definatly not clear. Frankly i'm hoping he's more of a neutral kinda guy.
I don't know - he seems to have been set up as an antagonist (his taking of Claire's 'suicide' video, having a ringer with the professor's son, actions against some of our Heroes)... He reminds me of the Smoking Man from _X-Files_ or the Colonel (?) from Manticore in _Dark Angel_. Kind of the 'man behind the curtain'. We shall see.

On the other hand, for is/isn't a villain, what about our Mirror Lady? Talk about a split personality! 8| I'm hoping that Micah's father will be a hero. If he's borderline, I think Micah will be great influence on him.

So - My takes on the characters:
Mohinder Suresh - Neutral, but if pushed, Hero
Matt Parkma - Hero, if he doesn't go crazy
Nathan Petrelli - Villain (Borderline) - Looking out for Number 1
Peter Petrelli - Hero.
Niki Sanders - Hero/Villain depending on who's in charge
Hiro Nakamura. Hero. Absolutely no question.
Claire Bennet - Neutral, but Heroine unless she needs to protect her father. Then the question is up in the air.
Isaac Mendez - Neutral. I can't see him taking a side, and if given a choice he would lose the powers.

What do you think?

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 08 Jan 2007, 17:04

So, when does the next episode of Lost air?

In the meantime, I just finished watching season 5 of Buffy on DVD (for the 3rd time!), and I started season 3 of 24.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 08 Jan 2007, 17:15

I'm anxiously waiting for the last two episodes of Heroes.

Edit: make that four, according to wiki.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Heroes_episodes
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 08 Jan 2007, 18:11

Angelspit wrote:So, when does the next episode of Lost air?
Sometime in early Feb. I believe.
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 08 Jan 2007, 18:28

Dammit, there' nothing to watch right now. Heck, i even watched a few episodes of Family Guy, i was so bored. At least SG Atlantis starts up again tonight.

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 09 Jan 2007, 02:46

Independents get their movie packages at the first of the year, so we are seeing best they have. Last night there was Blade Runner, Kill Bill, Blade 2, Spidey 2, and T3. Better to see one of those again than Deal or No Deal.

Also SciFi is rerunning Enterprise.
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

ScarlettP
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby ScarlettP » 09 Jan 2007, 03:33

16 all new episodes of LOST Starting Feb. 7th at 10 pm Eastern, 9 Central. (That's an hour later than it was before.) No repeats, so make sure you see them all - or watch them on the net if you miss one.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 09 Jan 2007, 08:48

Desperate Housewives also just started again, if anyone's interested in dabbling in a good soap. :D

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 10 Jan 2007, 17:16

It won't be long before we can see new episodes of 24, Prison Break, Galactica, Dr. Who, Shield, FNL, Smallville, Psych, Lost, and Heroes. Life is good.

Is anyone else watching 'Dirt' on FX?
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

Bethel
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Bethel » 10 Jan 2007, 18:06

I quit watching _Smallville_ when it got all weird with the cave, and witches possessing Lana, etc.

Has it gotten any better? I don't expect reality, but a little bit of continuity with the legend would be nice.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 10 Jan 2007, 20:47

Bethel wrote: Has it gotten any better?
:lolu: :lolu: :lolu: :lolu: :lolu: :lolu:

Zod possessed Lex... and got defeated the next ep by a handshake. Spoiler btw.

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 11 Jan 2007, 04:14

Whether Smallville is better or worse depends on what you are looking for. This year we have escaped the meteor-freak-of-the-week plots and are building up to the introduction of the JLA. We are also filling in more parts of the Superman mythos. The love triangles are shifting around with Chloe-Jimmy, Lana-Lex, Lois-Ollie, and (gasp) Martha-Lionel, leaving Clark out and all forlorn. The next episode Labyrinth airs on 1/25 and Crimson on (2/1).

(Yeah, I sometimes hang out at KryptonSite.)

Return to “Campfire”