Help with WOG

Official forum of the Wake of Gods mod to Heroes of Might and Magic III.
linker163
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Help with WOG

Unread postby linker163 » 15 Feb 2009, 17:39

every time i play WOG i get the same problem when i start playing i get to the main menu, no problems so far, but when i try to start a game it, when its loading the map it's starts saying that: ''resource manager:getsprite could not find the ''sprite'' resource ''watrrtl'')'' problem, and a whole punch of other program launguage, but the main problem is that i it always end's up in a fatal error and the game crashes, the problem may be with install cause i made a folder in the homm3compelte folder named '''wake of gods'' and put everything there and installed it from there, so if you now how to help me could you kindly tell how. thank you
Last edited by linker163 on 15 Feb 2009, 21:41, edited 1 time in total.
Only thing what i want is to hear your scream as you DIE!!!

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 15 Feb 2009, 20:23

Probably reinstall, reinstall, reinstall. It's not important where you placed installation source but during the time of installation there was evindently an error.

Take steps as follows:
Install somewhere HoMM3C.
After successfull installation copy theirs folder somewhere else and install WoG inside it.
Eventually install the sound fix :P
Done!
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

linker163
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby linker163 » 15 Feb 2009, 20:26

nope it didnt fork it still says: resource manager manager:getsprite could not find the ''sprite'' resource ''watrrtl''
Only thing what i want is to hear your scream as you DIE!!!

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 15 Feb 2009, 23:19

check if you don't have running any interfering program during the wog install - typically active antivirus which is inspecting the files. Because if it's checking the file, it will lock it for a moment but installator cannot expect it. It's too simple.

Alternativelly you can try my quick install if you have pure H3C in english.

You have your own topic, FAQ serves to something else - don't make duplicate question, especially not there.

Return to “Wake of Gods”