Help with WOG

Official forum of the Wake of Gods mod to Heroes of Might and Magic III.
MeRoot
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Help with WOG

Unread postby MeRoot » 31 Dec 2008, 04:36

I'm new at this. On a certain map, I keep getting a pop-up message that says "Could not find resource" and my hero's picture is orange and pink circles with purple nonsense underneath. How do I fix this? (Sorry, I'm new at this...)

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 31 Dec 2008, 07:44

Check the zip from where you extracted the map. It should contain pcx. files. Put them in Heroes Data folder. Usually for this kind of map, there is a "read me" txt. which informs you about that.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 31 Dec 2008, 09:48

Truly so. You probably don't extracted and placed all maps components, literally whatever they could be, likely graphics or scripts.

As to your image, heroic portraits, it can be damaged or imperfect. If you will upload it somewhere we may take a look and perfect it. ;)

The power of logic is unbeatable in every aspect. This is what we call a natural local products. Behold the power of the logic and tremble mortal! :D

Vlaad II
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Vlaad II » 31 Dec 2008, 15:04

Some map archives don't host those additional files... So if you don't have them in the zip file, download the same map from another site (e.g. Celestial Heavens).
Cartographer - maps and mapmaking

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 02 Jan 2009, 04:43

Or check for event names (most likely) "custom portraits" and remove it. It will reverse to the original heroes portraits.

Return to “Wake of Gods”