WOG Random Map Generation

Official forum of the Wake of Gods mod to Heroes of Might and Magic III.
JackintheMox
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

WOG Random Map Generation

Unread postby JackintheMox » 29 Jul 2008, 20:49

Now that I have some time, I figured I'd start making a few WOG maps. I opened up the WOG Map Editor, fired up a new random map, and it completely shut down every time I tried before it was half way done. However, random map generation works perfectly fine while in the game. Is this a known problem? I want to test some things before creating any maps from scratch and I'd prefer to do it using a random map.

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 30 Jul 2008, 00:12

It doesn't work that way. You have to start the game, pick random map, and let the generator do its work. But most WoG objects will be ignored when doing this way. So:

1)Generate map in game
2)Quit the game and open random maps directory
3)Find the map generated freshly
4)Copy and paste in Maps directory
5)Start the game, choose your random map(the name will be "random map") between fixed maps you have, choose your options and wogify it.
6)Map is ready to play

It is not long, and it gives very good maps this way.

JackintheMox
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby JackintheMox » 30 Jul 2008, 22:40

That's odd because I can create random maps in the regular Heroes 3 Map Editor without having to go in-game to create it first. It kind of bites because it's rather annoying to create a map and have to constantly re-create them as the majority have bad templates. I suppose it doesn't really matter if I plan on tweaking them anyway. Thanks for the help otherwise.

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 30 Jul 2008, 22:58

Place this in Heroes DATA. It will generate very good maps. Once you are bored with them, just delete and the generator will return to default.

http://www7.zippyshare.com/v/97793387/file.html

However this template was done for tournament, so it will work ONLY XL/U or L/U and only 2/4 players

alexp50
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby alexp50 » 08 Jul 2013, 14:02

please reupload the files, thanks

Return to “Wake of Gods”