Changing stats in HOMM3 using CRTRAITS.txt help needed

Official forum of the Wake of Gods mod to Heroes of Might and Magic III.
Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Changing stats in HOMM3 using CRTRAITS.txt help needed

Unread postby Storm-giant » 28 Jun 2008, 11:06

Due to the help I found on this topic(http://heroescommunity.com/viewthread.php3?TID=23735) Imanage to change the stats of the units I wanted, and import into heroes3 data. My problem is that it works on SoD but not on WoG.
While I was changing the the stats I founded the WoG creatures too, but no changes on WoG. Anyone can say me how to change in WoG?

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 28 Jun 2008, 11:28

Of course, you will need the same file, extracted from WoG distribution. WoG is having more units an you changed only the sod ones.

Here will be the letter "z" before the file name. That's how you will recognize that's a right WoG file.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 28 Jun 2008, 11:49

Really thanks, When I extracted it it had the ''z'' too but I cut it because i always see crtraits. Anyway, thanks.. now my peasant have 2 hp :devil:

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 01 Jul 2008, 16:02

If you change any unit's strength drastically you HAVE to also change the "Fight Value" to a more appropriate level (this value is used in most out-of-battle calculations in H3, by the AI and when auto-calculating battles between CPU players

Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 01 Jul 2008, 18:53

UndeadHalfOrc wrote:If you change any unit's strength drastically you HAVE to also change the "Fight Value" to a more appropriate level (this value is used in most out-of-battle calculations in H3, by the AI and when auto-calculating battles between CPU players
I didn't know that...that means that if you put a higher fight value for a peasant than a black dragon the blackie will be killed?
Anyway, I won't change now because this week I will get a new computer.

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 01 Jul 2008, 19:05

Storm-giant wrote: I didn't know that...that means that if you put a higher fight value for a peasant than a black dragon the blackie will be killed?
Correct. (if the fight is between CPU vs CPU, or CPU vs neutral armies)

Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 09 Jul 2008, 13:38

A curious question: Can be edited the hero specialities in any of the file .txt with just the textedit?
Another question, what is the diference between Fight value and AI value?

SAMAEL
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby SAMAEL » 28 Jul 2008, 18:53

Storm-giant wrote:A curious question: Can be edited the hero specialities in any of the file .txt with just the textedit?
you can change txt files simply by using the XP-editor but its more comfortable using "txt tables editor" from:

http://wog.celestialheavens.com/en/download/utilities/

Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 29 Jul 2008, 10:57

SAMAEL wrote:
Storm-giant wrote:A curious question: Can be edited the hero specialities in any of the file .txt with just the textedit?
you can change txt files simply by using the XP-editor but its more comfortable using "txt tables editor" from:

You didn't understand me correctly, I dowloaded it from archangelcastle months ago.

SAMAEL
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby SAMAEL » 29 Jul 2008, 20:16

Storm-giant wrote:
SAMAEL wrote:

You didn't understand me correctly, I dowloaded it from archangelcastle months ago.
mea culpa, still working on my reading comprehension here.
:|

Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 02 Oct 2008, 15:44

Ok, after exploring some time on the txt files I have more questions:
1-Is there any Zcrbanks? if there is, where? I don't find it in the heroes3/data folder.
2-About the crbanks, what the columns[(Combat value),(overall value),(reward/difficult)and(Difficult/easiest)] do?

Edit:concerning the first question, I'm asking the crbanks for WoG, because in WoG it's added two new creature banks, and because of that a new one must be created(like crtraits and Zcrtraits->the last one have all the WoG monsters). also, If I change the crbank, when play Wog I still see the old values.

Return to “Wake of Gods”