CoreWog, WoG 3.59, ERM and the Future of Hmm 3

Official forum of the Wake of Gods mod to Heroes of Might and Magic III.
Warrior
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Warrior » 04 May 2008, 16:03

PS I'm interested, what you would preferer as board engine?
MyBB is almost perfect. I use IntellectBoard (but here I don't know if it has English version).
phpBB is the worst choice from freeware engines, IMHO and of course even phpBB is being improved and you hane a vary old version here.
P.S I think even SFM (Simple Machine Forum) would be good.
Berserker, you shouldn't have started this discussion
You haven't read the topic carefully. No discussion but a piece of info and wish to help.

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 04 May 2008, 19:21

GrayFace wrote:
One thing I can tell for sure. There's no point in keeping the main forum russian-only. Main language should be English.
Grayface is right about this. Your English HAS to be better than my Cyrillic.

;)

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 05 May 2008, 18:49

Warrior wrote:
PS I'm interested, what you would preferer as board engine?
MyBB is almost perfect. I use IntellectBoard (but here I don't know if it has English version).
phpBB is the worst choice from freeware engines, IMHO and of course even phpBB is being improved and you hane a vary old version here.
P.S I think even SFM (Simple Machine Forum) would be good.

That's because you don't see under hood. ;) The Igloo design on which we're based is one of oldest. However the engine is high over the standart phpbb (now called legacy). As to the MyBB or Przemo phpbb they are both nice however they use incompatible philosophy. They come buffed with all features and later you're supposed to strip them down whereas I need to start from base and add new things. Both of them are based on the same phpbb legacy version if my memory is not mistaken me and from theirs philosophy they are more prone to be less secure.

IntellectBoard is different category. That is CMS cannon compared to only a forum. Yep, IntellectBoard is pretty perfect but it wasn't an option here. (Actually only phpbb was as free forum engine)

I don't know much about SFM.

PS Your program is welcomed, more is merrier, please share the snippets. :D
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Warrior
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Warrior » 05 May 2008, 20:00

As far as I know MyBB is built using it's own engine. Their forums are very small (I mean the size of every loaded page) and they have a vary nice skin (as standart), they suppot all modern technologies and they have a very flexible system of mods. You can turn mod on/off by one click of the mouse!

What's about IntellectBoard...there are some converters from phpBB to IntBB.

Also there is something interesting here. You have quite difficult system of CAPTCHA, but I saw some bots (spam topics) on the forum of Equillibris. How can it be?
Your program is welcomed, more is merrier, please share the snippets.
Sorry, when I tried to translate the phrase I failed.
(Your program is welcome) - thanx
more is merrier, please share the snippets.
Cannot understand, sorry. :(

Sagamosa_new
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Sagamosa_new » 06 May 2008, 08:02

just one more thought on the wog future.

eventhough i'm a member of now "dormant" international wog team, i've always worked on my own, not participating much in the discussions there. the only thing that really interested me were the new possibilities introduced by Slava and their applications. When the script was ready I offered it for testing and possible inclusion in the official release.

It's not strange the wog team is dormant. it's been more that 2 years since the last actualisation of the engine and believe me, just beating around the bushes for 2 years is enough and everybody is bored now by empty discussions.

I see a new chance in corewog, and as correctly grayface posted, at least a part of the forum should be in english. There are still many talented and dedicated international users of WoG, willing to help. This way you dismiss the international Wog team as a mere appendix to your activities and doom it to die in one way or the other.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 06 May 2008, 18:32

Warrior wrote:Also there is something interesting here. You have quite difficult system of CAPTCHA, but I saw some bots (spam topics) on the forum of Equillibris. How can it be?

They can be old, from the times before I had rise to power. ;)
To the hierarchy, forums (plus site and domain) owner is Angelspit. Here are four admins under him and I'm from department of "anti-spam and tweaks". Originally html/css designer so I'm bending layouts too.
Your program is welcomed, more is merrier, please share the snippets.
Sorry, when I tried to translate the phrase I failed.
That's like more is better. (second part is a funny trick) ;)

When are google or babelfish translating russian forums it's also giving a funny hours. One of post makes me to fall from my chair. :D Of course, I can use transliteration, when the need arise.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Warrior
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Warrior » 06 May 2008, 23:51

They can be old, from the times before I had rise to power.
To the hierarchy, forums (plus site and domain) owner is Angelspit. Here are four admins under him and I'm from department of "anti-spam and tweaks". Originally html/css designer so I'm bending layouts too.
The CAPTCHA is really good. I was able to register only from the fifth time. Image
That's like more is better.
Thanx. This is much clearer.
One of post makes me to fall from my chair. Of course, I can use transliteration, when the need arise.
I understand most of information but as for jokes and spoken phrases - now always.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 08 May 2008, 05:24

Warrior wrote: The CAPTCHA is really good. I was able to register only from the fifth time.
Yeah, you're lucky. :D The questions aren't meant to be prepared for automated translation. A bit of human must be involved.

However this is just one of anti-spam protection levels. Here's much more hidden beneath. Which you won't see until you will turn into bot. :devious:
"We made it!"

Warrior
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Warrior » 18 May 2008, 16:27

Automatic? No, I don't use any translation services. Maybe some dictionaries, but not silly programs like Promt.

Round 2: Fight!
Program: FileJoiner 2B
Download (80kb): http://rebirth-site.net/FILES/2B%20Prog ... ner_2B.RAR

Use it when you need to join a number of files. The program accepts only one parameter - script file name.
Main mode is binary join. But everybody can write a plugin (Sources and plugin development kit will be ready soon) for other file types.

I use it for structured erm programming + SCVS compiler.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Also I'll recompile SCVS and DEE in English in a few days.

Some news. Maybe in a week we (rebirth and corewog) will form a united portal (at VPS - virtual private server) and there an official wog forum will be created.

P.S And thank you, Pol, for help!

Return to “Wake of Gods”