Why Is WoG So Unstable?

Official forum of the Wake of Gods mod to Heroes of Might and Magic III.
HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Why Is WoG So Unstable?

Unread postby HodgePodge » 22 Feb 2008, 05:03

In just about every game I play, I get loads of ERM syntax errors, with which I have to keep hitting the 'Enter' key to get out of them … if I can at all. Other times, the game either crashes or freezes. It makes WoG most unenjoyable and unplayable. I love the WoG concepts & elements … but all these errors & glitches are just too horrible to contend with. Is there anything to be done about fixing all the ERM syntax errors, crashes & freezes? :S
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Vlaad II
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Vlaad II » 22 Feb 2008, 07:05

Install 3.58f, reinstall if it keeps crashing, don't wogify WoG maps.
Cartographer - maps and mapmaking

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 22 Feb 2008, 08:27

Vlaad is right. you have either installed 3.58f wrong somehow or you are WoGifying WoG maps. You should'nt be getting as many errors as you are reporting. Now, WoG is not 100 per cent bug free. But then, what game you buy is? WoG, if installed correctly, should be around 90 to 95 per cent bug free. Also, have you updated the scripts for 3.58f? They help even more. All updates should not be installed manually. They should be installed through the WoG update folder. Because of the graphic changes made with the current update.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 22 Feb 2008, 09:32

Some scripts just hate others, if you love looong maps (longer time to rise up ), it's better to have enabled only shorter and core ones.

Maybe a bit of waiting? Here is sensation of something new in the air, soon....
(just with other bugs :devious: )
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 22 Feb 2008, 14:57

Sometimes it may give errors just randomly. It happened that I WoGified a non-WoG, and it gave me some errors, but restarting the map helped. Now it continues to give errors the solution is the one given by the gentlemen above, the all-curing solution in Windows: Reinstall.
Pol wrote:Maybe a bit of waiting? Here is sensation of something new in the air, soon....
:oex: You know something Pol, what we don't...??
"Rage against the system, the system, what kills the human spirit."

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 22 Feb 2008, 15:06

Muszka wrote: :oex: You know something Pol, what we don't...??
Of course, that what makes me a true Pol :tongue:
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 22 Feb 2008, 16:53

Vlaad II wrote:Install 3.58f, reinstall if it keeps crashing, don't wogify WoG maps.
ByteBandit wrote:Vlaad is right. you have either installed 3.58f wrong somehow or you are WoGifying WoG maps. You should'nt be getting as many errors as you are reporting. Now, WoG is not 100 per cent bug free. But then, what game you buy is? WoG, if installed correctly, should be around 90 to 95 per cent bug free. Also, have you updated the scripts for 3.58f? They help even more. All updates should not be installed manually. They should be installed through the WoG update folder. Because of the graphic changes made with the current update.
I mostly 'WoGify' SoD maps … and if I don't WoGify them, I don't have a Commander or other elements of WoG … so doesn't that defeat the whole purpose of playing with WoG?

I haven't updated my WoG at all since I installed it. I've actually had a few games without any ERM errors but most of them do. I will see to updating my version soon. Thanks everyone. :)

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 22 Feb 2008, 21:52

You probably should considering 'latest updates'. Here were added some scripts and backgrounds. (well, backgrounds aren't on one place look in FAQ for them)

You can have commanders without 'wogification'. Although they are unbalanced it's possible to have them always. It somewhere in the settings.

Again from my experience (before the upgrade) most problematical was Enhanced First Aid tent with Ressurection.

You may try to experiment with my settings
They are generally without any conflicts. (but I don't remember what is in which so you will probably need to list a bit in them after you load them through wogify dialog)

Check for commanders and switch them on if they aren't. ;)
"We made it!"

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 23 Feb 2008, 03:03

Pol wrote:
Muszka wrote: :oex: You know something Pol, what we don't...??
Of course, that what makes me a true Pol :tongue:
:slap: Shame on you, showing your red tongue to me :)
Last edited by Muszka on 23 Feb 2008, 05:37, edited 1 time in total.
"Rage against the system, the system, what kills the human spirit."

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 23 Feb 2008, 05:20

HodgePodge wrote: I mostly 'WoGify' SoD maps … and if I don't WoGify them, I don't have a Commander or other elements of WoG … so doesn't that defeat the whole purpose of playing with WoG?

I haven't updated my WoG at all since I installed it. I've actually had a few games without any ERM errors but most of them do. I will see to updating my version soon. Thanks everyone. :)
Well, there is more to WoG than just the new elements. While Slava was adding the new elements, he also mathematically formulated balance between the 9 towns. So if you wanted to play WoG without any scripts turned on, you would still notice the difference over regular HoMM3. While the rest of us on the WoG team were testing scripts and this and that, Slava tested WoG with no scripts on. WoG is perhaps the most balanced of any of the Heroes games IMO. You can win with any faction you choose now. (Fortress is no longer a weak town, for instance.)
I say, if the problems are real bad, reinstall WoG. Get the new updates, install them, and you should be okay.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 25 Feb 2008, 17:53

Well, updating my WoGgie mod seems to have worked. I'm now playing a map that I tried before updating, which kept giving me errors & finally froze altogether. Now with the update, I restarted and haven't had any errors yet and the game is running smoothly, even past the place where it froze before. I can't believe I didn't update my WoGgie before now. :wall:

Return to “Wake of Gods”