Heroes Problems

Official forum of the Wake of Gods mod to Heroes of Might and Magic III.
Puppet79Master
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heroes Problems

Unread postby Puppet79Master » 24 Jan 2006, 22:11

Hello all!
I have been playing Heroes 3 for a long time and I have the latest WOG update. Everything has been fine and dandy until this weekend when I did some “upgrades” to my computer. To start off, I have a Compaq w6000 workstation with a P4 2GHz Xeon & 1GB Ram. This weekend I added a second monitor and a second processor. Both processors were listed as the same specs (P4 Xeon 2GHz 512K level 2 cache) but windows displays them as slightly different (see my blog for more detailed information on this problem: http://muy-caliente.zamoose.org/ ).
Anyway, while I was checking the BIOS to see if I needed to do anything because I added the second processor, I notice hyperthreading was turned off so while I was there, I switched it on. That was the only change I made in the BIOS and Windows (XP SP2) recognized the second processor. Now for about every half hour of play time, Heroes either freezes with no error screen and has to be turned off with task manager, or I get an error message that it’s trying to read from a certain memory address, I believe something like 0x000001 or something like that. Do you think Heroes is crashing because of the monitors, the dual processors, or the switching on of hyperthreading? Has anyone experienced anything like this before? Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks and have a good day.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Re: Heroes Problems

Unread postby Pol » 25 Jan 2006, 15:57

I have no experience with that, but what prevent you to do some test with switching off the lastly added abilities.... The hyperthreading should go out first.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Return to “Wake of Gods”