New town - Ilse Weald

Official forum of the Wake of Gods mod to Heroes of Might and Magic III.
EDN
Scout
Scout

New town - Ilse Weald

Unread postby EDN » 04 Jul 2007, 17:08

There had always been outlaws in Erethia; murderers, robbers, rebels and so on. There were also those who studied the dark magic, and those who studied the magic of life. There were always opposites, and always some neutral. In Erethia, the alchemists of Tower fought
against the Dungeon overlords. The brave knights fought against the powerful demoniacs. There were also some in the middle of everything; elements. But the creatures of Conflux were slowly destroyed by the other ones, barbarians and beastmasters were jealous of the elements knowledge of magic. They led an enormeus army, greater than any ever seen in the history of Erethria against the elements. The war lasted more than a century, the elements
magic made their own power equal to the one of their enemies overwhelming forces. But at last they perished, the elements went back to where they had come; nature.

Now there were an emptyness in the balance, something were gone. Then an unknown person appeared out of nowhere, he called himself Ilse. He were a king in a country far away, he said. He seemed to love the nature more than anything, and the barbarians and beastmasters were afraid that their hated enemy had once more returned to Erethia. The greatest of their lands confronted Ilse, and in the fight Ilse dissapaired. In his place were a great castle,
it was much like Castle, but it were also wooden, and the ground had more waters. It seemed like there was no buildings inside, but there were territories. The barbarians gathered some orcs and goblins to search this castle, and found in it new creatures they had never seen. But also old ones, more powerful than the ones already in Erethia. There were horses strong as ogres, and wolfes stronger than the Orcs. Gnolls searched the forests, and in those they were tricked by creatures that looked like themselves, and killed. The creatures looked like some merge between gnoll and centaur, but the wise witches knew them. It were the old kind of centaur, the ones that had wandered Erethia many thousand years ago. They were stronger, but not as civilized and they didn't have the technology or the wisdom that the normal centaurs possessed. When the barbariens escaped this place, they asked the overlords for help. There were anscient minotaurs, they said, without any kind of weapons, but that used their strenght to take down their enemy. The wyverns also met someone of their own race, but still someone far away; wyrms. They were great snakes with wings, more terrefying than the wyverns themself. There were also something never seen there, some kind of witches that controlled fire. And dragons that walked, drakes, they called them. They were said to be a match for the dragons of rampart, or even the great black of dungeon. They named the place they had discovered for Ilse Weald, after the creator. After some time it became a place where outlaws could serve, rovers and murderers. They learned how to control the creatures with great passion, and decided to use them against those who had damaged themself. They were the enemy of everyone and no one. They were neutral, and chose to fight against those who fought against them. Their new home, and new hope for land and gold were the Ilse Weald.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I am working on a new town, and now that I am sure it is going to be finished I want to introduce it. It is quite simple, no totally new creatures, just putting old ones together to make new ones... The town I will replace is Conflux.

I've made 4 creatures with upgrade, and is working on level 5 now. I have hero-portraits, names on everything and stats.

I need a team member that can do the following:
- Scripting:
Someone that can help me changing the abilities of creatures, not in one map but in the whole game.

Team:
Wog_Edn (me) is making the graphics and ideas.
T2_2112 is making .defs
Cepheus is changing the creatures stats/names, heroes names and biograhies.

I don't want to post any creatures here yet (some of them are possible to see in the "possible creature"-thread, where I posted some before I decided to make this thing) but will post the stats and the names for everything.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

http://s127.photobucket.com/albums/p141 ... ve Centaur
Attack: 4
Defence: 4
Speed: 4
Health: 5
Damage: 1-2
Movement: Ground
Cost: 50 gold
Growth: 14

Level 1 UPG, Morgawr Centaur
Attack: 6
Defence: 4
Speed: 4
Health: 5
Damage: 2-3
Cost: 75 gold
Growth: 14

Level 2, Forest Witch
Attack: 5
Defence: 5
Speed: 6
Health: 10
Damage: 8
Movement: Flying
Cost: 120 gold
Growth: 10

Level 2 UPG, Ilse Witch (shooter)
Attack: 7
Defence:7
Speed:6
Health:10
Damage:8
Cost: 170
Shots: 35

Level 3, Great Wolf
Attack: 10
Defence: 8
Speed: 8
Health: 20
Damage: 10-12
Cost: 200
Growth: 8

Level 3 UPG, Ilse Wolf
Attack: 12
Defence: 8
Health: 25
Damage: 10-15
Cost:225
Growth: 8

Level 4, -----

Level 4 UPG, -----

Level 5, Wild Minotaur
Attack: 12
Defence: 12
Speed: 6
Health: 50
Damage: 15-20
Cost: 400 gold
Growth: 3

Level 5 UPG, Minotaur Chief
Attack: 14
Defence: 14
Health: 70
Damage: 20-25
Cost: 500 gold

Level 6, Wyrm
Defence:12
Speed: 14
Health: 80
Damage: 20
Cost: 600 gold
Growth: 2

Level 6 UPG, Pit Wyrm
Attack: 17
Defence: 15
Speed: 16
Health: 100
Damage: 30
Cost: 1000
Growth: 2

Level 7, Forest Drake
Attack: 22
Defence: 20
Speed: 10
Health: 150
Damage: 30-40
Cost: 2000 gold and 1 sulfur
Growth: 1

Level 7 UPG, Ilse Drake
Attack: 28
Defence: 26
Speed: 12
Health: 300
Damage: 40-50
Cost: 4000 gold and 3 sulfur
Growth: 1

-------------------------------------------------------------

Hero class: "Planeswalker" new name "Blackguard"

"Damson" old name "Lacus"
Damson is the daughter of Padishar, she were trained by him in every possible form of fight. Just like her father she loved wolves, and used much of her time learning how to master them.

"Padishar" old name "Kalt"
Padishar were a leader of the Free-Born before he went into service of the Ilse Weald. There he found his great passion; wolves. He didn't use long time learning how to master them, and he got their loyality within short time.

"Eretria" old name "Ignissa"
Being raised by rovers, Eretria was one of the best persons in the whole of Erethia with horses. She could ride from most persons and the horses she led were always the best ones, therefor she were hired into the Ilse Weald to be their horsemaster.

"Rone" old name "Fiur"
Being the brother of Eretria, Rone had the same practise as her. But he never got the respect the horses gave her. He used hard disipline to make the horses do as he wanted, and it worked good as love.

"Mallenroh" old name "Thunar"
When Mallenroh walked out of her pit, she lost her enormeus magical powers. She found out that her hand were good with the bull-humans in the Ilse Weald, the wild minotaurs.

"Straken" old name "Erdamon
Straken were a minotaur once, but he evolved, as all magical beings does. But he could never forget how it was being a minotaur, so when he became a Blackguard in Ilse Weald he chose the minotaurs as his field.

"Brin" old name "Pasis"
Brin was once possessor of the great magic of the wishsong, but it dissapaired when she reached womanhood. She then found her strenght in snakes, and when she found out there were snakes with wings called wyrms she asked Uhl belk to teach her about the way to control
them.

"Uhl Belk" old name "Monere"
Uhl Belk had always been there, he was created by the Word. He had always kept wyrms, and he were the best that had ever been with them.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Hero class: "Elementalist" new name "Sorcerer"

"Teel" old name "Brissa"
Teel was a dwarven slave, but possessed the skill of magic. She used it to flee faster than any of those who kept her was able to. She know better than anyone the secret of speed.

"Steff" old name "Aenain"
Steff were a dwarven rebel, when he killed his family he had to flee the Rampart. He found his soulmate in Padishar, and followed him when he joined the Ilse Weald.

"Eventin" old name "Gelare"
Eventin once worked in a bank, he learned secret and forbidden ways to create gold. He escaped prison by being a sorcerer for the Ilse Weald.

"Morag" old name "Ciele"
Morag is Mallenrohs sister, but she didn't all her powers when she went out of the pit. She still knew how to summon more powerful magic arrows than any other ones.

"Allanon" old name "Inteus"
Allanon was a druid, but he fell into the darker learning and started working on fire magic. He were good at giving those who fought for him anger and bloodlust to be wilder and deadler in combat.

"Mareth" old name "Luna"
Mareth were born with the power of creating fire, and her fire always got the form of a wall. It got her so many enemies that she had to search the Ilse Weald to survive.

"Kinson" old name "Grindan"
Kinson were a normal soldier, until he were deadly hurt by a gold golem. Since that the gold had lived in his blood, at the morning there were always gold at his side when he woke up.

"Kimber" old name "Labetha"
Kimber were raised by the alchemist Cogline, what no one knew is that he experimented with her. She quickly understood what he was doing, and in some weird way she managed to turn herself into stone and she crushed him. When she found a place to serve, she found the
Ilse Weald.

New updates will come when something new is done.

Le_Faucheur
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Le_Faucheur » 06 Jul 2007, 17:03

aren't those creatures two strong compared to the original factions? (except the level 1 which seems to sucks for something you pay 75 gold)

and what are th special ability?

EDN
Scout
Scout

Unread postby EDN » 06 Jul 2007, 17:06

Abilities will come, and it isn't to strong. I've tested the stats in-game, and it works fine there. I don't win easier than with others towns...

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 06 Jul 2007, 21:01

How will be looking Wyrm? Everytime when someone is saying it before me I always imagine one of these, master of magic underground moving beasts sloshing my units like a chainsaw.

Edit: Probably only Sky Drake was stronger.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

EDN
Scout
Scout

Unread postby EDN » 06 Jul 2007, 21:28

I will remake the whole, demon instead. But a wyrm there will be; a red snake with wings.

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 07 Jul 2007, 12:30

Since you are apparantly basing this on the Voyage of the Jerle Shannarah, the Ilse witch should be much higher than level 2. Shrikes should also be in there somewhere (with a hatred for Rocs!)

It has been a while since I read the books, but I think more of the Rovers would be appropriate for the might heroes. There aren't too many magic-weilders in the story (Six, if I count correctly), so using ones from other books would be OK, but you could add in Walker Boh to that list.

EDN
Scout
Scout

Unread postby EDN » 07 Jul 2007, 12:35

Sorry pal (good you read the books btw, honor to you! :D) but it were to hard to make this thing :( I will try making some demon-thing instead... my dream is to make a shannara-town, but it turned out to be to difficult. So I will update again when new is made :S

Edit: It isn't based on any of them mainly, names are taken much from them. More on each, like Mareth is in The First King, and Allanon died in The Wishsong of Shannara... I will have the names still, not more :(

Le_Faucheur
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Le_Faucheur » 09 Jul 2007, 21:39

EDN wrote:Abilities will come, and it isn't to strong. I've tested the stats in-game, and it works fine there. I don't win easier than with others towns...
wait, you tried without the abilities. that means they are gonna be stronger with them.

EDN
Scout
Scout

Unread postby EDN » 09 Jul 2007, 22:04

It won't be finished :(
but with abilities they would NOT be stronger. The elements are immune to so much shit :)

Overman
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Overman » 12 Jul 2007, 02:58

'Uhl Belk' looks suspiciously similar to Edwin, Red Wizard of Thay in 'Bladur's Gate'.

:D

Krogul
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Krogul » 24 Jul 2007, 12:15

Those creatures are too powerfull:

For example:
Your creature

Minotaur Chief
Defence: 14
Health: 70
Damage: 20-25
Cost: 500 gold

and

3do creature

Minotaur King
Attack: 13
Defence: 10
Speed: 7
Health: 40
Damage: 11-15
Cost: 600 gold

3do creature is much weaker and more expensive . Your minotaur is the stongest monster 5lvl

Level 2 Ilse Witch (shooter)
Attack: 7
Defence:7
Damage:8
Cost: 170
Shots: 35

3do creature

Level 2 Marksman (shooter)
Attack: 6
Defence:3
Damage:2-3 (ok 4-6 because he shoot twice)
Cost: 150
Shots: 24
Growth: 9

Again your creature is stronger (not as in minotaur case but witch will be the strongest 2lvl monster in my opinion)

Your monsters are too strong ( except 6 lvl and 7 lvl creature Pit wyrm and Isle drake)

EDN
Scout
Scout

Unread postby EDN » 24 Jul 2007, 14:50

Yehyeh, it wont be made anyway... I replace some neutral creatures instead :S 6-7 is finished already, more to come. No need to reply before a big update is done.

Le_Faucheur
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Le_Faucheur » 24 Jul 2007, 18:49

Minotaur King
Attack: 15
Defence: 15
Health: 50
Damage: 12-20
Cost: 575 gold

it is the best 5th level creature in melee. still way less good than the minotaur chief.

lol, that other guy wrote the stats of the powerlich oO

Krogul
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Krogul » 29 Jul 2007, 18:44

yeah... my mistake . Powerlich is not minotaur king :). Anyway minotaur chief is still more powerfull.

EDN
Scout
Scout

Unread postby EDN » 12 Oct 2007, 13:13

EDN wrote:It won't be finished :(
Start reading, why about the stats after I have said it wouldn't be finished?!

Beholder
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Beholder » 13 Oct 2007, 16:16

How do you plan to introduce this town into wog? Will you replace one of the towns or add it somehow? Also, do you have some city graphics so far (map image and town sceen view)?
Making a script that would change stats/skills/exp. bonuses for stacks is quite easy. The problem would be to replace/add the graphics.
Beholder

EDN
Scout
Scout

Unread postby EDN » 13 Oct 2007, 22:11

Can't you read?!?!?!?!?!
I wrote in the post before the one you made, that it will not be made. I abandoned this project a long time ago... and have even almost finished another after that. If you want I can show you the other one though... only thing missing there are stats fixed and the graphics made into .defs.

Beholder
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Beholder » 14 Oct 2007, 10:36

I thought you meant that the minotaur idea was 'closed' no the whole thing.
Beholder

EDN
Scout
Scout

Unread postby EDN » 14 Oct 2007, 15:20

Heh... the whole thing is down. I still have a Wild Minotaur in the new mod though...

Return to “Wake of Gods”